The Relationship Topic

I’m in a relationship with the irony of making a joke about people joking about being in relationships with abstract ideas in a topic about relationships while I myself joke about being in a relationship with an abstract idea about their abstract relations.

see guys, I can bee funny too…

12 Likes

that’s an abstract kind of hilarious meme

3 Likes

I’m afraid your joke was too abstract for me to follow. :wink:

6 Likes

For all those who are not in a relationship (90% of us) Feb 15 is Singles Awareness Day, where you can celebrate being a bachelor

5 Likes

I call it discount chocolate day

9 Likes

Is there an “It’s Complicated Awareness Day” on the 16th?

1 Like

how do i delete a topic if i’m not a mod

16 Likes

No, but February 14 is singles appreciation day.

believe in yourself

1 Like

Well you’ll need 4 ribeye steaks, 7 bananas, a litre of motor oil, and 10 kilograms of butter

It’s pretty sad when you realize you’ve posted in this topic more times than you’ve actually spoken with your crush, on the bright side, I asked her out, and she said yes

4 Likes

while you’re at it, can you rename this topic to the “try not to cringe challenge”

3 Likes

Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!

Congratulations! Where ya going on your date?

2 Likes

No idea yet

The first date I ever went on with my second ex was a movie theater. Sounds very cliche, I know, but there’s something about spending quality time together watching something interesting that really gets a relationship to develop quicker than holding hands and eating a meal together. I’d say a better alternative could be going on a nature walk together if you’re both into that.

1 Like

You what I usually do on Valentines Day, absolutely nothing. But the day after I buy all the chocolate on sale.

4 Likes

I actually am going to spend valentines with someone, ha!

Me and Netflix are happy together.

1 Like

Well, something did seem to happen to me, kinda, sorta, maybe…

There’s this girl in 7th grade (I’m a freshman for comparison) who I think likes me, from both the way she acts around/talks to me, along with the fact that her sister told me such.
The thing is, I’m not entirely sure how I feel about her. She seems nice, but I’m still trying to get over someone else.

2 Likes

Just go ahead and try something out with her. When you get older, this’ll be one of those moments you’ll wish you had jumped on. Don’t end up kicking yourself because you were wary of the complexities.

Edit: Besides, not trying is like letting your ex win, and no normal person wants that.

3 Likes

I’ve only been rejected once, but I really don’t find myself attracted to anyone but this girl in the story, so there is a possibility that I’ll just give up on relationships as a whole. I’ve had a huge crush on a girl named Jayme since like kindergarten, or a really young grade similar to that, maybe 1 or 2. She had long brown hair and beautiful brown eyes, and was super smart and pretty. I was getting a few hints at the start of high school that she was shy around me. Her conversations with her friends would come to a screeching halt, and any time our eyes met, it never lasted long. Even in grade eight, we sat next to each other in the gym, ready to do speeches, and she started to do her hair up funny for her speech about self confidence in girls. I kinda had a glance like I feel should have been expected and she looked back at me and she just kinda laughed and I smiled back. It felt incredible. I asked her out over Christmas break though and got rejected. She said she wasn’t looking for a boyfriend, but I knew better. I know I’m too young, but I wanted to play heavy defense on her status before I made my move. I can’t be the only one who likes her, so I’m waiting for the day she walks past me with some other guy, holding hands…

I mean, sure, with that kind of attitude she probably will be walking down the hall holding another boy’s hand.

Your first mistake was automatically assuming she was lying to you. In a relationship, trust is everything. Not giving benefit of the doubt at this stage doesn’t speak well of your ability to show mutual trust and respect in a potential relationship in the future. At this stage in high school, there are a good number of girls that may like someone and have feelings for them, but they’re just not ready for a relationship yet. There are also parents that don’t let their daughters date for the first few years in high school.

2 Likes