The Relationship Topic

i didnt do anything for valentines day

its a cheap and fake kinda holiday imo

6 Likes

Well, now that Iā€™ve experienced being in a ā€œrelationshipā€, all I can say is that you might as well not be in one. One con about relationships is the gossip that goes around about you. And itā€™s not good gossip. The worst part is how everyone talks about it, and its completely annoying. Most people I know have been in a relationship with someone else for about a year and then they just break up, move on, and forget about the past. No one on this very planet is perfect, so I donā€™t recommend being in a relationship.

You sound a bit bitter.

Iā€™m 20, almost a year ago I broke up with my ex. We mutually wanted marriage, but we werenā€™t quite ready. Sparing the details, the break tore me apart more than I wouldā€™ve admitted. However, I took it to be a learning experience, so I donā€™t make the same mistakes later. All the work, driving 45 minutes both ways multiple times a week, it was all worth it. It was worth it for both the good times then and the wisdom gained now.

As long as you donā€™t do anything stupid that could cause a surprise life-change, the good times now and the wisdom later makes it worthwhile.

16 Likes

Took the words right out of my mouth.

@Coolio, I hope that you are able to look back on this in the not too distant future and see that relationships arenā€™t all bad. Perhaps you were just with the wrong person.

1 Like

Thatā€¦ is a lot of salt. First off, youā€™ve gotta be pretty self-conscious and insecure to let ā€œbackground noiseā€ and rumors bother you. People are always going to do that, with or without a relationship. Also, yes, people break up. Yes, nobody is perfect. Despite that a lot of people look past their differences and live together until the day they die, happy to be in each otherā€™s company. Iā€™ve had exes that have used me. Iā€™ve had ones that took every opprotunity they could to belittle me. I have some that I still love to this day, but one thing or another didnā€™t work out so we ended it mutually for the sake of eachother. Despite all of that I bear no grudge towards the prospect of a future relationship, and I know that just as much as people can be cruel, they can also be full of love. I know that while Iā€™ve met a lot of dishonest and sneaky backstabbing women, there are also people out there capable of not cheating and staying commited. If I can stay commited to a fault, then itā€™s only logical that someone else out there can do the same.

5 Likes

Iā€™m imagining this whole thing in Ichigoā€™s voice and itā€™s great.

Jokes aside, what @Ranaki_Pakewa and @Tarvaax said are spot on and you should heed their advice.

5 Likes

Dude same.

11 Likes

I used to have a hot girlfriend in high school. Then we graduated, went to separate colleges, and havenā€™t spoken since. Itā€™s really funny how she has no idea I have ~1K followers on flickr and a reputation online. Havenā€™t had a gf since, mostly because I donā€™t have time for one.

4 Likes

Well, I have tried once when I was in 6th grade. Since then I have been somewhat lonely. I would never be homosexual mainly because of the way others act. Nothing against homosexuals though. I am male and have never been in a relationship.

Iā€™m in loads of relationships. I got family ones. Friend ones. Ect. Not really a love bird but meh.

I love birds. Birds are wonderful.

3 Likes

No theyā€™re not Birds are Airbourne jerks

3 Likes

Theyā€™re dinosaurs that fly! Practically Wyverns! Though they are pretty vainā€¦ no different than any of my ex-girlfriends honestly. Self-obsessed and terribly vicious, though very beautiful to the eyes.

6 Likes

For the guys out there who are trying too hard to find a girl.

8 Likes

ā€œFeed her poetryā€
And end up trying to create an artificial sun which results in her death.
Then octopus shenanigans.

4 Likes

I just finished rewatching the movieā€¦
Donā€™t ask how I recorded it on vhs.

I love birds too.

1 Like

There is a very simple way to win a soulmate.

1. Walk into a heavily populated area

2. wear an extra pair of pants on your head. (this one is critically important beyond importance)

3. Find a random person and begin shouting their heresy and try to convert them to Talos.

4. if that does not attract a proper date than switch between various Aedra and Daedra as whim demands

5. if that doesnā€™t work try the Tribunal

6. if you get this far try Lorkhan

7. at this point you are beyond hope and you should die in a hole.

4 Likes

What about Ebonarm?

3 Likes

Shhhh, heā€™s non canon and heretical.

3 Likes

Yā€™know what, Iā€™ve figured it out. I know how to get a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Step 1: Get a van and a car

Step 2: Get two pairs of new clothes and mask to disguise yourself

Step 3: Find a happy couple with one of the two being what youā€™re looking for, but they can only be dating

Step 4: Jump 'em and steal the being you desire

Step 5: Use the van for a getaway

Step 6: Shake the cops since theyā€™ll most likely come after you and switch vehicles to the car (and the other clothes for that matter)

Step 7: Escape and make sure they didnā€™t see you in the car (and donā€™t forget to take your desired GF/BF with you in it, but make sure nobody sees him/her either)

Congratulations, you have a girlfriend/boyfriend. I mean sure itā€™s not yours but thatā€™s not what weā€™re aiming for, right?

3 Likes