The Relationship Topic

So I found a girl through one of my friends who is exactly like me

Like literally exactly like me

I’m planning on asking her out to a concert at the end of the month

2 Likes

Good luck bro
The one girl I found who was almost exactly like me ended up completely ignoring me at prom to the point of disappearing and possibly dancing with someone else during the slow dance

I think contrast between two partners in a relationship is healthier than a lot of similarities. When two people are the same, personality wise, they often bump heads a lot.

2 Likes

It is times like this I’m glad my school doesn’t have dances…

Who’s playing the concert?

Avatar. She’s a MASSIVE metalhead and I got her hooked on the band when I first talked to her

Well that all sounds really good.

Jealousy increases/s

i just like meeting people with similar tastes in music in general lol

2 Likes

There’s this girl I like. She’s nice, cute, in to anime, kinda into gaming, and has some other similar interests with me.

…Now to just find the courage to actually ask her out.

…it’ll happen.

…eventually.

#####…probably.

######…hopefully.

1 Like

Same, because my taste is so unorthodox, especially for where I live

1 Like

seeing how every girl in my town has IQ under 60, I’m not interested in any.
I’ll be forever alone, unless I move

2 Likes

With that type of narcissistic attitude towards others, you probably will. It’s definitely not fair for all of the girls in your town to be generalized in such a pretentious way.

11 Likes

it’s the truth tho

really, if you were here you’d understand what I mean

1 Like

must be lonely to watch rick and morty and have no one to discuss it with

20 Likes

to be fair you need a really high IQ to understand R&M I don’t like it

1 Like

Well I told her that I liked her and that I’d like to hang out with her sometime.

She said that she doesn’t really ever have time to hang out because her schedule is really busy.

I’m scared to say anything else. Should I ask straight out if she likes me? Do I need to move on?

Keep in mind that we don’t go to the same school, I’m asking her all this over Instagram because we rarely see each other in person. I don’t have my drivers liscense yet.

1 Like

She’s definitely brushing you off. You should move on. If she was interested in you romantically, she would make time. She just decided to be a coward and not tell you straight out that she’s not interested in pursuing a relationship with you. Pretty immature if you as me.

Ignoring all of that, I think there are so many obstacles that would get in the way between you two that the relationship wouldn’t be able to take off and sustain itself in a healthy way for even a moderate amount of time.

5 Likes

I agree on the first part, but not so much on the second. She’s trying to be nice and not hurt his feelings by outright saying no. She’s also probably trying to protect herself because some guys won’t take a straight no for an answer, unless a “real” reason is involved.

5 Likes

With all due respect, I think our entire culture needs to try harder to be clear and concise when communicating. I can understand protecting herself from guys that won’t take no for an answer, but that type of disrespectful male behavior should’ve been corrected by their parents when guys like that were kids in the first place (which is another, equally complicated matter to find a definitive answer to).

I guess with how human socialization currently works, her answer is probably necessary in the long run, but I also think it’s better to play it on a case by case basis, because there are also some guys who ONLY rake no for answer, which nullifies the original strategy. I’d also say that not enough women are willing to stand up for themselves and give a clear and definitive NO at this moment, which also hurts their ability to have an equal standing when confronted by others with a toxic and controlling nature. Saying no and being clear and dominant in the presentation of it is very important in situations with dangerous people like that.

3 Likes

Whatever the reasoning behind her response, I’m glad you and @Ranaki_Pakewa confirmed my suspicions that she doesn’t like me. It’s time to move on. There will be someone else eventually.

well hey at least I got some good song writing material out of this sad experience :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes