The Relationship Topic

I think you should go for it. You seem to understand your shortcomings, and because of this you might make for a better partner than you give yourself credit. PM me if you want to talk more in-depth about this, especially if you want to talk about your values without fearing you’ll end up going against guidelines.

3 Likes

@fangface1 It’s not so much specific things as a gut feeling

@Tarvaax Thank you, but the one thing that really does come to mind is quite personal.

A gut feeling that can be wrong, but you’ll never know if it is if you don’t try.

1 Like

I think I will try, just not gonna expect anything more than rejection.

2 Likes

Good luck pal.

Bad call IMO. You gotta suck it up and tell her in person. Telling over the phone is not nearly as special as telling them in person.

4 Likes

I’m too unpredictable. Every time I’ve confessed liking someone it was through text, and I’ve only been rejected once since my last relationship so idk how I’d react. I’d look like an idiot if I got rejected and reacted emotionally.

EDIT: UUGH IM SUCH A COWARD. I had so many flipping chances to get her number today and I didn’t. THATS NOT ME. IM NOT A COWARD LIKE THAT.

if you dont have her number at this point shes prolly not interested
(or maybe im completely wrong)

I hope you are… :stuck_out_tongue:

So I was at a leadership camp, and like I had seen her for a few days but I didn’t know how I wanted to approach her. Well after the talent show everybody was just hanging out in the main room, so I went over to her and we talked for quite a while. It was pretty great. Well the next day was the last day and there was a dance that night. So before the dance, I asked her if she would dance with me, and she said yes. So we basically just danced like on and off for a good while.
About ten minutes before the dance ends we meet up again and slow dance. And somehow we end up in the the middle of the room with everyone else dancing around us. So she like puts her head on my shoulder as we’re dancing and I’m like, “Oh okay, she likes me too. This is going well.” So we danced together after that.
Then after the dance everyone is hanging out again in other room. So I look across the room and see her sitting on a couch. I walk over and she moves over to make room for me.
(There were other people on the couch.) So I sit down beside her and put my arm around her. So far, so good. So she leans back against my arm. Then she puts her head in my chest.

I hit Cloud 9. You know where I’m at.

After a few minutes of that I’m like, hey, I gotta seal this off. So I turn to her, and I say,
“So you know I like you by now, right?”
I know, I know, real smooth. But it worked. She laughs and is like:
“Yeah I kinda figured that out. I like you too.”

So I tell her I’m homeschooled and everything so she doesn’t have to worry about other girls. And she tells me,
“Well you don’t have to worry about me either, because I’m really loyal.”
So I’m like yessssssssss.

She lives an hour away from me. And she doesn’t have a phone, because her dad is kinda messed up I think, so we’ve be IMing on Facebook Messenger. Oh yeah, I have this necklace which is two dog tags with my name on them and a quote. Right before we left camp I gave her one of the tags. I wear the other one.

So there you have it.

15 Likes

Very cool man!

2 Likes

Reading this made my day ten times better. I sincerely hope things work out for the both of you.

4 Likes

Camps seem to work unless you’re welsh… maybe I’ll have some luck next week :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That… is so freaking cute and romantic! Good job. :sob: :+1:

4 Likes

If my situation goes well the theme song will be “Cant fight this feeling anymore” by REO Speedwagon

1 Like

@Tarvaax @Chromeharpoon
Thank you both. I hope things work out for you two in your respective lives as well.

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

What about me!? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You should have some faith in yourself first

7 Likes

I dub thee Joe Cool.

2 Likes