The Relationship Topic

Lets stay on topic, guys.

4 Likes

But that’s not, eh, why do I care. None of it’s consistent anyway.

1 Like

It does make sense. Bisexual refers to liking men and women; asexual refers to being attracted to neither.

4 Likes

I thought he meant he had no biological sex, like (awful example) the Hutts from Star Wars. That’s what that term has meant for ths last hundred or so years, no reason to change it now.

To be honest it just sounds really lonely.

2 Likes

I guess it’s just one of those words with multiple meanings. Like bark or buckle.

Anyways, back on topic, um… something something don’t-have-a-girlfriend-joke. That’s about what 90% of my replies on this are anyways.

4 Likes

Most asexual people don’t associate with the lgbt community. Even though it’s in that 57,002 letter acronym.
For me, it isn’t a gender nor a sex (obviously), its just the lack of sexual attraction. Not a choice, just who I am.
Anyway, @meepinater’s right lol

3 Likes

I’d say most of the people here should take ‘er down a good 20%. Keep it casual y’ know? If you get yourself all worked up over getting a date or even talking to someone of the opposite, (Or maybe same sex, who knows) you’ll make mistakes. Just calm down, you’re (Most likely) young, if what you’re currently going for isn’t working, there’ll always be someone else, even though it may not seem like it. There are 7 billion people on this planet. You’ll find someone who appreciates you for you. It may be cliche but it’s true. Just be yourself, if that doesn’t work, then it wouldn’t have worked out anyway.

7 Likes

“Seven billion people” out of which you will probably see about one million at most, and only talk to about a couple thousand. Not trying to be rude, just realistic.

3 Likes

I bought my girlfriend a 2DS with Ocarina of Time. She’s going to be happy when we see each other next week :grin:

5 Likes

A million people, even a thousand people, is still a huge sample size when the average person maintains close relationships to… 5? and casual relationships to within 10-15?

“Im looking for 1 person. I don’t really stay close to more than 5 people, but Im ‘friends’ with around 20 people. Who know around 20 people themselves. Who know around 20 people themselves. Who know…” etc etc.

The effect is cumulative. Winterstorm has the right idea, if you seem desperate or, god forbid, are people are going to notice that about you. It is not an attractive trait. Focus on your life and your wants/needs and eventually you’ll find people who want to share time with you. If you’re going into it with the mentality of “I want to have a relationship” then chances are you’re failing right out the gate, because that almost never works (You probably wouldn’t say yes to someone randomly walking up and going “Hey, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, you dig?”).

The fact is that if you’re lonely, you have to make something happen to change that. Break out of the routine, try something new, go out and make friends. If all you can think about is how badly you “need” a relationship, then you aren’t ready for one. A relationship is a two way street, and if you’re entering into one for selfish reasons, it’s already going to fail.

So take it from someone who’s made their fair share of mistake: Focus on making your life something people want to be a part of, rather than try and make someone a part of it. You’ll find it becomes much much easier to meet people and * le gasp * get a relationship if you’re out doing things, rather than wondering why you’re single.

12 Likes

Besides, when you turn 18+ there are plenty of dating sites for people looking for an actual committed relationship.

4 Likes

That is possibly the best gift I could imagine giving anyone. I hope she likes Zelda.

3 Likes

Lucky girl…
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And unless you believe in a soul mate, there are probably >20 people you’ve met that you could be happily married too!

2 Likes

Well, I’m happy where I am. It can get lonely at times, but I have no need to actively pursue a relationship. But yes, desperate relationships do not last long, and eventually, if you put in the effort, you’ll meet the one.

Kinda thought there would be posts in here for valentines day.

2 Likes

I hope everyone had a decent Valentine’s Day, whether you spent it with an SO, friends, family, or even just yourself :slight_smile:

Hopefully it means everyone was busy doing something yesterday! I spent some time with my girl. We were cuddling and she made the cutest sound, it was so adorable.

5 Likes

I didnt really do anything.
School.
Homework.
I didnt have much of a chance to talk to the girl I like.
Which sucked.

My Valentine’s Day was uneventful. Not bad. Just no different than any other day.

1 Like