The Relationship Topic

Yeah, losing friends is not fun. Did you try playing Fortnite with them at all? Just curious.

For the record, it’s a joke account (but not of someone who has been on the boards before).

1 Like

I tried playing it, I even tried playing with them. I necer enjoyed it. It was too tedious and even as a group I died nearly right off the bat, not bad, but with college, I didn’t have to time to play the game on repeat.

And as far as the joke account, I hadn’t guessed. I thought it was just some high school freshman making a fool of himself online.

I have a friend who bought me a PS4 so I could play Fortnite

He’s married

True story, I swear

11 Likes

don’t swear

I think who plays what video game is a bad way to judge a person.
If they’re right for you, and you for them, but she plays Apex and you Pubg, well, then, get over it. Video games have little/no consequences IRL, other then spending way too much time on them.

4 Likes

I’m sure that if shared my love of Super Mario Galaxy 2 more, I’d get a girlfriend in a week

4 Likes

Worked with my love for Studio Ghibli and Smash Bros Lol

4 Likes

I gave up video games for 40 days and I didn’t get a girlfriend anyways. Meanwhile all the gamer guys in my hall have girlfriends.

I don’t think it works, guys.

8 Likes

But if she sides Stormcloaks, she’s a lost cause. Break up with her before you get too attached and she inevitably takes the kids.

But in all seriousness, someone who says that putting down the controller is the way to get dates, should answer me this, I went 3 months, no video games, no TV, no movies and limited Phone too, spent my time working or working out, when I was off I just sat around relaxed and chatted. Couldn’t get a girl to give me the time of day. Whereas before I was at least getting to the level in conversation where we’d get to planning a date we’d eventually cancel.

6 Likes

Wow man I’m so sorry.

1 Like

I never said you couldn’t have both, I just said not to let one get more important than the other.

My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperial. Can you say the same?

8 Likes

The universe handed me a golden opportunity, and I blew it.

So I went to a career fair in a school field trip. Everyone had split up to go look around, and we would all meet up in about an hour and a half.

Now absolutely none of the booths there interested me, so I spent my time wondering around and taking note of interesting things I saw. Unique looking people, strange things at booths, stuff like that.

But when I’m walking through the engineering section I pass this girl. She was really tall, had pale skin, long curly bright orange hair, and freckles. (And if I’m being honest she was really cute) I’m thinking she was probably Irish.

Anyway the biggest thing that sticks out to me is that she was frighteningly familiar. I passed by her once or twice before I work up the courage to talk to her.

I walk up to her, get her attention, and ask if I knew her from anywhere. She asks me a few questions about what school I’m from and all that, and that’s about it. There was no previous relation. So I think “Alright then. Guess that’s that.” And walk off.

A few minutes later I realize I could have asked what school she was from, or better I should have asked her what her name was.

I spent at least an hour or so running around the massive convention hall looking to find her again. But to no avail.

I was given golden opportunity, and squandered it all.

3 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up anymore man. It’s time to move on. There’s a thousand other people out there, one of which is yourself.
Recently I’ve stopped thinking about trying to impress others, and am just working on myself for now. Sharpening my mind, reading, working out more.

4 Likes

Don’t fret.
If you are meant to have a girlfriend, then in time, you will get a girlfriend.
That doesn’t mean stop looking, it merely means to be yourself and improve yourself, and then when the time is right, boom!
Girlfriend.

3 Likes

Well this is an interesting topic…are you ready to hear the sad tales of Michael The Light Bringer?

If you do let me know because I have quite the story…but just short said, I don’t have luck around girls when it comes down for romantic relationships… though I was that close but…let’s say faith or something negative happened that it blew it all up!

1 Like

Hit us with it. Even if we can’t give any feedback or suggestions on your situation, I always found it to be kind of liberating and eye opening to write things out. As you probably can notice from the post I made earlier in this topic.

3 Likes

Yes, those were some very wise words, my friend.

2 Likes

Alright, this happened a while ago, Valentines to be precise. I had known one girl for about four years. We’d become really close freinds. Although, I think she tried to have a “We are just friends” talk a while back, although it was right before she went on a trip and started classes away and phrased it more like “We’re friends now, right?” Leaving it extremely open ended. Well, on Valentines, I found out she’s been dating another friend of mine for a month or so. Wow, that was rough.

5 Likes

Jokes aside, I know what that can feel like. Though I can also say it isn’t nearly as bad as actually being cheated on. Something I also have experience with.

4 Likes

I know, thankfully she was a good enough person to never pursue anything with me only switch later. We’re still friends, but honestly, I’m still a little ticked off.

3 Likes