The Relationship Topic

Maybe it’s a highly specific universe where everything is consistent with established canon except for love, which is the changed variable. Always a man, always a girl, always a city, always a lighthouse. Everything gets crazy when multiverses are involved. Some of us might even be married to one our exes in a parallel universe. That’s a disturbing thought…

1 Like

Well, I don’t have any ex-s to get married to. I’ve been rejected every time and its starting to get to a point where I’m just done trying.

Guys guys

Sometimes being friends is better

My friend knew this girl, she was the cutest, smartest and nicest by a long shot, (in his opinion) he liked her for forever, and they showed clear signs of a close friendship, if he’d asked her then she’d have probably said yes, I’ve met many girls in my life, some are nice some aren’t so

KEY TIP: looks aren’t everything

But why?
Because he eventually distracted himself by talking to someone else, she was a total [word] and to this day I don’t know what he saw in her, but my old friend stood by him no matter what

We spoke to her one day about it and the more we talk

The more we honestly just prefer being friends

1 Like

…Chrissy?

Update: Still haven’t asked the girl to prom, which is now just over a month away. I’m planning on doing it tomorrow.

1 Like

The sooner you do so the better. Just a tidbit of advice.

1 Like

I know, that’s why I’m doing it tomorrow.

Can’t do it tonight since…well, it just seems like the kind of thing I should do in person, you know?

1 Like

If you don’t do it tomorrow, I will write you an exceedingly long disappointed Dad lecture.

Exactly, therefore everyone here is automatically friendzoned by me. You’re all very welcome.

(Joking aside, I really do have a bad track record for friendzoning girls that like me…)

2 Likes

Don’t worry then.

Or do. I don’t know. I’ll have a few chances to talk to her tomorrow, so it’s a decent chance. I can do this.

…Ihope

2 Likes

Do it on the first one, you’ll be all gross and sweaty by the third one. A little bit of awkward is cute, too much is the opposite.

Oh, and don’t think of what to say. You’ll forget everything you’ve rehearsed with yourself as soon as you see her face. Just go with the rhythm of your heart.

2 Likes

Whatever you do, do not regret your choices. I’ve personally had a similar experience like that where I’ve regretted my choice and I kinda don’t want to see that with you. Best of wishes.

2 Likes

Then I’ve already failed. I am basically awkward personified.
/s

In all seriousness, though, thank you for the advice. It really means a lot to me.

Wish my IRL friends were this nice and stuff.

Same here. Twice.

Third time’s the charm, right?

…right?

2 Likes

Lol I told my friends I was excited for church tomorrow and they were all like “who is she?!” it was great. Honestly tho ima try to stay out of that game for a lil while yknow?

3 Likes

Right that’s a thing. Well good luck with that.

Anyways asked the girl I like to prom To prove for myself I could do it. 5 weeks ago or so. Well I can’t say I got a yes not that expected it but things went okay. Things are sometimes so much easier when you know its a guaranteed no.

She thought it was cute of me to ask and gave me a hug. As I mentioned I got a no since she was going with someone else, then she asked Because I after hearing the no said that it was okay and I would go alone. Maybe I shouldn’t have done that. if I did have anyone else to ask and I was like “Well yes but actually no.” So now I’m going alone to prom but I’m not really complaining since I inteded to do so in the first place.

Maybe this’ll give you some moral boost or maybe something to take away from my experience. The moral here is that even if you don’t get a yes you might still get something good out of it. Also to boost your confidence I think you might have more luck than me with whoever you asks in the end.

1 Like

I mean, if you and her are meant to go to prom together, then you two will go to prom together.

From the sounds of it, you have a very good chance of a “yes.” All you need to do is trust in yourself and be yourself.
It took me a good two, three days to work up the confidence to ask the girl I like to the dance… and that’s just when I saw her at school.
It can be nerve-wracking, but in the end you just have to, as I said, be and trust yourself.

1 Like

Don’t worry dude, she might not’ve liked you anyway

1 Like

I did it!

And she said no!

But I almost don’t care because I showed to myself that I could do it!

Besides, the no wasn’t really “I don’t want to go to prom with you” as much as it was “I don’t want to go to prom. Period.” So theoretically I might have a chance with her in the future, but I’ll just play it safe for a bit.

Actually, the way she responded, it’s almost like she didn’t even realize I was asking her to be my date to prom. Maybe she though we would’ve just went as friends. Either way, my point still stands and it’s not really any more awkward between us than it was before, so I’m good.

8 Likes

Congrats man! Way to go!

3 Likes

Hey, man, that’s great!
Congrats, even though you didn’t get it.
Now you know that you have the confidence.

2 Likes

Congrats dude.

Well, good effort regardless. Maybe you should just ask another girl. Should be easier the second time, and you might end up liking someone you normally would never talk to.

Don’t seem desperate though. Never seem desparate.

5 Likes