The Relationship Topic

No…my pride is too big for that sometimes I hate it

So, prom was tonight, and I ended up not going. Yeah, pretty much what I was planning on. Pizza and video games are a bit more fun to me than standing in a corner at a silly dance all alone anyways.

6 Likes

Funny, I did the literally the same thing today, pizza and all.

4 Likes

Oh I had to work earlier, too, but now it’s pizza and vidya gaims

4 Likes

Captain Jack Sparrow has a point.

1 Like

I’m…working on it.
I’ve elaborated before.

But she didn’t want to go to prom. Not just with me, like, at all. So, I didn’t go.

1 Like

You could have gone on a date…

Whelp, too late now.

Oh well.

What it didn’t cross your mind? Wow…I would of thought about that, I mean it’s pretty obvious she doesn’t want to go to prom but she wants to go with me (you) so I charm her with my Tony Stark Charm and then bam you got a date and a girlfriend at the same time.

Well, I’m not exactly charming.

Plus, low self esteem will do that to you. At least, it does for me. I didn’t want to take the risk, I guess.

Honestly, I don’t know. Sometimes I think I’m just too scared of rejection and of losing the friendship between us because of it that I’m unable to do those sorts of things. I mean, it was a huge hassle to ask her to prom, and I only barely was able to do that. Actually asking her out would be a nightmare.

2 Likes

Ran into her today… didn’t get to talk to her cuz I was with my uncle and aunt at books a million waiting to see endgame, but after I said hi to her I saw her talking to her friend around the corner and they were like whispering, and she turned almost as if to check to see if I was close or something

Well my mom said it comes with growing, actually you can’t learn to be charming it comes naturally you just can, you can try to learn it but you will never truly do it right.

And charming is a bonus, you can just be you confident and show her, hey it’s not a big deal asking you out, but it’s a big deal that we are going out.

Yeah, I once thought the same but I somewhat changed and I am more comfortable around girls lately. I just need to find the right one dang it!

You gotta get that confidence going man if you are not confident it makes you insecure and the girls will notice that.

If you love her or like which I assumingly say you do since that is why you asked her out, and she said well not to the prom then you should have thought about well not to the prom okay then date, and I can say she would have said yes.

And if you were like showing her very much interest into her, she could open up and go from there, y’know if a girl has interest in you and you ask her you wanna be my girlfriend don’t be shy to say it, like.

“Hey, I notice there is a connection and I am feeling attracted to you so you wanna I don’t know be my GF, though I don’t want to force things if it’s going to fast.” be sweet, confident and softly about it and she should either say yes I want to or well maybe but let’s not force it and if she doesn’t like you well it wouldn’t be in the question since she wouldn’t have come with you on a date if she didn’t like you in the first place.

@Runa y’know what , I don’t think it’s late, how about you call her if you have a number and ask her on a date?

I wish it were as easy as just “be confident,” but that’s a lot harder for me than it really should be, since most of the time, I don’t see any quality to be confident about. That’s why I’m usually hesitant in situations like this, because if I don’t see anything in myself, then what in the world would they see in me? Any sign I think I see could very well just be wishful thinking and over-analyzing things she does.

I just don’t know. And I don’t pretend to know. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see which way the wind blows in my future. Nothing I can really do yet except that.

@MichaelTheLightBringer it’s like 10:30 at night where I am.

Does it matter? I mean prom is at that time as well so, it can be a date night it usually works best.

Prom ended like an hour ago, I think. Besides, I just don’t think I’m quite ready to do that yet.

As they say, “To truly love another, you must first learn to love yourself.” While I don’t think it’s necessary to love, it is necessary for a healthy relationship.

Before I get into a relationship, I think I need to learn to love myself just a bit more. Maybe then.

…how can you not love yourself? I mean like, yeah, you shouldn’t be narcissistic about it but if you say so. If I were you I’d take a giant leap of faith and get that girl!

1 Like

…It’s complicated, and probably a bit heavy to get into on this topic. Just know it’s a problem some people have, and have a bit of a rough time getting over.

1 Like

Huh okay, I had the problem of being confident around girls and look at me now…I’m a changed man…

Now what I need is the One and Only and I am set for life.

All this talk about proms and high school experimentation. You should feel lucky while you’re in a situation where prospective others your age are all together. Once you’re out of high school, the pickings are slim. Good luck finding someone who you connect with without external help (dating apps, introductions from mutual friends, etc). Unless you either have no standards or go to university (a waste of time for most people, and really, if you are paying to go to uni, you should focus more on your classes then a person you’ll probably break up with), you’ll really have too look for the right person.

1 Like

Gee thanks for that overwhelming boost of confidence. You should try motivational speaking.

Yeah, I’m well aware finding the perfect girl isn’t easy. I mainly get by with the thought that eventually, I don’t know when, I don’t know how, I don’t know where or who, but some day I will find the person I’ll want to spend the rest of my life with. That isn’t really to say I’m waiting for a girlfriend to just fall into my arms, but more so that I’m not afraid of being alone forever.

2 Likes