The Shadows Have RISEN!

Hello Bionicle fans! a theme we all know and love ended last year and a few of us just weren’t down with that so!..i give you the long awaited shadows rise set/moc reveal!
by now most of you should know what the shadows rise is. if not i will tell you. the shadows rise was a team of people dedicated to make as close as possible of a line up of sets and story for bioincle g2’s third and final year! i know we said it would be out by january but complications arose so here they are!

WAVE 1

SHADOW OKOTIN OF FIRE.
Neruhi has been corrupted by the power of shadow! Fend off the shadow slug with arm swinging action and shadow sword. Battle Tahu to keep him from the forbidden mask of ultimate power! Fight off foe’s with his Ziaxe shadow blaster. Will the toa be able to save Neruhi or will he be lost to the darkness?
NERUHI. Neruhi is a brash and often misunderstood okotin. he is known for not thinking before he speaks and often gets into trouble. he is just learning to become a blacksmith and often becomes angry if his work is critiqued. at heart he try’s to be helpful but he’s methods of helping are often misguided.

SHADOW OKOTIN OF EARTH.
Hutea has been corrupted by the power of shadow! Fend off the shadow slug with arm swinging action and shadow mace. Battle Onua to keep him from the forbidden mask of ultimate power! Fight off foe’s with his Ziaxe shadow blaster. Will the toa be able to save Hutea or will he be lost to the darkness?
HUTEA. Hutea is rather grumpy and slightly forgetful. at heart he is very cunning and strong…though some of his ways of doing things often make others question his motives. he talks alot and often says the wrong thing but at heart he is just trying to help.

SHADOW OKOTIN OF ICE.
Ilaso has been corrupted by the power of shadow! Fend off the shadow slug with arm swinging action and shadow saw blade. Battle Kopaka to keep him from the forbidden mask of ultimate power! Fight off foe’s with his Ziaxe shadow blaster. Will the toa be able to save Ilaso or will he be lost to the darkness?
ILASO. Ilaso is very wise. he is the oldest of these six okotin. he is rather stuck in his ways but he very rarely wrong about something. he is a great fighter and has won many village tournaments but while he is wise…he doesn’t always tell everyone everything…

SHADOW OKOTIN OF JUNGLE.
Salma has been corrupted by the power of shadow! Fend off the shadow slug with arm swinging action and shadow axe. Battle Lewa to keep him from the forbidden mask of ultimate power! Fight off foe’s with his Ziaxe shadow blaster. Will the toa be able to save Salma or will he be lost to the darkness?
SALMA. Salma is a very responsible okotin. responsible to a fault. he is a little controlling but he is also very patient. he is very grateful and polite to most of his friends. he has always had trouble being patient with some of the younger members of the village as they can be quite foolish. do not underestimate salma. he may be nice but he is not one to be trifled with.

SHADOW OKOTIN OF STONE.
Muaka has been corrupted by the power of shadow! Fend off the shadow slug with arm swinging action and shadow hammer. Battle Pohatu to keep him from the forbidden mask of ultimate power! Fight off foe’s with his Ziaxe shadow blaster. Will the toa be able to save Muaka or will he be lost to the darkness?
MUAKA. Muaka is very smart and quick witted. he is also a bit of a prankster. the villagers have trouble keeping track of him as he is often distracted and tends to wander. he is not very dependable in battle as he is rather clumsy but he is loyal. call on him and he will be there.

SHADOW OKOTIN OF WATER.
Reatu has been corrupted by the power of shadow! Fend off the shadow slug with arm swinging action and shadow spear. Battle Gali to keep her from the forbidden mask of ultimate power! Fight off foe’s with her Ziaxe shadow blaster. Will the toa be able to save Reatu or will she be lost to the darkness?
REATU. Reatu is a very focused okotin. spending very little time doing anything outside of her work. she is a scholar and a friend of harvali. she is quiet and often distant but when she is needed she will be there.

Each of the shadow okotin is missing a wing. the builder only had one available. there are supposed to be two. :slight_smile:

TAHU ECLIPSER OF FIRE.
The toa have been gifted to power of light! Battle darkness with Tahu’s new moonlight armor. Defend okoto with extending star sword and flame dagger. Battle makuta’s forces with dual arm and waist function. The toa must rescue the shadow okotins and find the mask of ultimate power…or all is lost.

KOPAKA ECLIPSER OF ICE.
The toa have been gifted to power of light! Battle darkness with Kopaka’s new moonlight armor. Defend okoto with extending star sword and ice flail. Battle makuta’s forces with dual arm and waist function. The toa must rescue the shadow okotins and find the mask of ultimate power…or all is lost.

ONUA ECLIPSER OF EARTH.
The toa have been gifted to power of light! Battle darkness with Onua’s new moonlight armor. Defend okoto with extending star sword and moon beam shield . Battle makuta’s forces with dual arm and waist function. The toa must rescue the shadow okotins and find the mask of ultimate power…or all is lost.

LEWA ECLIPSER OF JUNGLE.
The toa have been gifted to power of light! Battle darkness with Lewa’s new moonlight armor. Defend okoto with extending star sword and jungle spear. Battle makuta’s forces with dual arm and waist function. The toa must rescue the shadow okotins and find the mask of ultimate power…or all is lost.

POHATU ECLIPSER OF STONE.
The toa have been gifted to power of light! Battle darkness with Pohatu’s new moonlight armor. Defend okoto with extending star sword and shooting light blaster. Battle makuta’s forces with dual arm and waist function. The toa must rescue the shadow okotins and find the mask of ultimate power…or all is lost.

GALI ECLIPSER OF WATER.
The toa have been gifted to power of light! Battle darkness with Gali’s new moonlight armor. Defend okoto with extending star sword and throwing axe. Battle makuta’s forces with dual arm and waist function. The toa must rescue the shadow okotins and find the mask of ultimate power…or all is lost.

KARNAROHK LORD OF SHADOW.
From the mask of shadows a new evil is born, Karnarohk! Destroy the island with his swinging shadow flail and spinning flame shield. Features cloth cape and waist function. Karnarohk must find six okotins and retrieve the mask of ultimate power for that is Makuta’s will.
KARNAROHK. Karnarohk is not one to be trifled with. he hates the light and prefers to work in the dark. he cares for nothing but himself and his quest. while he is not very trust worthy you cant call him a coward. he will never back down from a fight. as long as he has the upper hand. he is a tyrant and has full intent to carry out all of makuta’s wishes.

WAVE 2

EKIMU TOA OF LIGHT.
Trapped in the shadow realm, Ekimu has become a toa of light AND shadow! Stop Makuta and his shadow warriors with his three bladed shadow staff and spinning prong shield! features pop off mask and waist function. Ekimu must save the toa or Makuta’s evil will consume the land!

TAKANAK SHADOW WARRIOR OF FIRE.
Poison the island with Takanak shadow warrior of fire! with opening jaw, flame staff, extending infected star sword and waist function. Shadow and fire have come together and from this, Takanak is born. The nastiest of the shadow warriors!
TAKANAK. Takanak is considered the outright nastiest of makuta’s sons. he is rather trigger happy and will attack anything that moves. he is not very bright and often acts before thinking. he is constantly bickering with grelnoc.

GRELNOC SHADOW WARRIOR OF EARTH.
Destroy the island with Grelnoc shadow warrior of earth! with pop off mask and waist function, poison blade and extending infected star sword! shadow and earth have become one and from this comes the most deceitful of the shadow warriors.
GRELNOC. Grelnoc has a big ego that tends to irritate the other shadow warriors. he has a penchant for betrayal. he thinks Takanak is a fool and is consistently prodding at him just to make him mad. while grelnoc is dangerous he is a coward and will always flee when his life is in jeopardy.

SLIGLAK SHADOW WARRIOR OF JUNGLE.
Oppress the island with Sliglak shadow warrior of jungle! with pop off mask and waist function, chained shadow slug, and extending infected star sword. This evil being can also spit acid! shadow and nature have become one only to destroy what is left of this natural world!
SLIGLAK. Sliglak was once a simple shadow slug. mutated by makuta’s powers he is now something in-between. he is cold and mysterious. he spends much of his time alone and becomes irritated when disturbed. being part beast he often has very gruesome ways of taking care of his foes. while completely insane, sliglak is often the one to give the orders.

MAKUTA MASTER OF POWER.
The king of evil has begun his reign! Makuta now has the mask of ultimate power and is unstoppable! with pop off mask, arm function, extending wrist blades and spinning shadow staff, The island of okoto and its people have little hope of escaping this dark tyrant! if the toa cannot stop this being of shadow all hope is lost!
:he is supposed to have the mask of ultimate power. the builder didn’t have that part available:

there you have it folks! all the sets for the spring and summer!
i hope you all like them. we worked REALLY hard on all of them. this project started all the way back in august of 2016.
step by step instructions will not be able to be made BUT…if you would like to try to build them your selves we have pictures of the skeletons of all of these models for you to look at. just ask!

Leave your thoughts and questions down below!

enjoy!

28 Likes

*Okotan

1 Like

oops! sorry! :laughing:

dang it! i forgot! the shadow slugs you keep hearing about…this is what they look like!
man im dumb! :laughing: each shadow okotan is supposed to have one.
@Azani @TheMoltenKing @ThatchMac @Fanbyl

7 Likes

[details=Expand Comment]Shadow Okotins:
Only reason why I group them all here because they all have the same right wing, blaster, and back torso design. While this is a concept are likely suppose to have a newer/darker type of mask, they lack a unique taste of appearance all together.

Tahu:
The legs looks exposed from those armor gap and the star sword looks like a bad redesign of his 2016 weapon.

Kopaka:
His weapons and wings feels thin and the light-saber blade on the scope is off.

Onua:
The shield is ok I guess, but the legs are relatively long and doesn’t fit well.

Lewa:
The Skull Villian armor doesn’t work and I can feel the neck looking awful compared to the other Toa.

Pohatu:
The cloth piece make him look feminine and the feet just doesn’t work.

Gali:
Probably the only good toa design from the entire list. The star sword looks solid for her.

Karnarohk:
A fairly messy villain, the color doesn’t contrast well from the way it’s built.

Ekimu:
Super lengthy proportion from body to weapons all around.

Takanak:
It was difficult to point out at first, but has a jumbo color mess and rehash limb design (Kopaka shoulders, Umarak legs).

Grelnoc:
Reasonable bulk proportion and I can see it reused Onua inner torso design.

Sliglak:
A good color consistency (beside the toes and chain) but the head doesn’t work and the slug could’ve been place elsewhere instead on a leash.

Makuta:
Reuses JtO Makuta design with some small add-on and color changes. This feels like Ultimate Dume (Teridax in the 2004 movie).

While this is a massive project, the execution felt weak. I can understand part limitation, but you reuse design choices from older sets…[/details]

9 Likes

thank you for the feedback!
i love that you focused on the negatives! :laughing:
there was in fact a reason behind all the things you pointed out.
the reuse of old designs was to ENSURE that they feel like real sets! :slight_smile:

I really hate to give negative feedback on anyone’s creations, but I feel that this project had a great idea, but was executed poorly. I understand that the goal was to adhere to legos building style, but there is no real innovation in these sets. If you compare the G2 masters to the uniters, they have very little in common build wise, where as in these sets , they seem to heavily rely on clone builds with different armour placement (like using umaraks legs) or just coping past weapons ( such as Gail’s swords).
Sorry again, but I feel that this project could have done so much more.

2 Likes

im sorry your disappointed . i can however a-sure you that we got everything out of this project lego was able to give us along with some creativity. unfortunately without new parts these are going to resemble old sets either way. .i cant really consider uses of old building techniques a con as they are good techniques to begin with and…no clone set over bothered a child. :slight_smile: thank you though for the feedback! always appreciated.

SO everyone…lets hear whats good and exciting about this FIRST!..then leave the things you think could have been better! :wink:

1 Like

I think some of the weapon designs are very good.

But some colour schemes have too many colours and are all over the place

I like some of the weapon designs, but some of the builds look very jumbled or recycled. Not many of these stand out to me in a particularly impressive or positive manner.

3 Likes

Some of the weapon designs are fine. But that Lewa… ugh, that thing does not work at all. It also bothers me how most of these use the Tahu Uniter weapons. I would try making the weapons more individual. Also, saying that negative feedback is bad isn’t correct. Negative Feedback can sting a little, but usually it’s the most helpful.

2 Likes

aw too bad! alot of folks elsewhere really like the new lewa. he’s one of my favorites actually!

folks lets try to finish the review of the ENTIRE figure instead of just the weapon.
the star swords are MEANT to have the same design to give them the extending function.
this was chosen to make them more fun to play with as they are toys and were designed for children. :slight_smile: so lets here a real review of the models folks and not just white noise about color schemes and weapons. do any of you have questions about the story? does a particular figure jump out at you?we are all pretty proud of these models and really wouldn’t change them for anything! my personal favorites of these are Grelnok, ekimu, Karnarohk and kopaka!

looks fine, as mocs

1 Like

thank you for the informative review! :laughing:

Well the colour scheme and weapons are a key part of the models and their appearances, so giving thoughts on them is giving a real review of the models.

But OK, I might make a topic reviewing them later

3 Likes

its only white noise to ME when you only cover one aspect of the set BUT thank you! yes that would be appreciated!

1 Like

What do you mean by not finishing the review?

he he^^

there are also story serials in the form of audio to tell the tale that goes with these sets for those who don’t know! :wink:

I have a question. Where have people said that they liked this Lewa? Also, what is this whole thing?

1 Like

if your not aware of what the shadows rise is, the top of the post tells you. :slight_smile:
youtube and discord would be the sources of positive feedback. :slight_smile:

as odd as it may seem to all of you, there are people who quite like this.:wink: