The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

I would love this as well since he has been invaluable in making the clones so awesome, but considering DICE got Temuera Morrison to say like 15 lines as Boba, he’ll probably be all the clones in BFEAII if they put Clone Wars in.

1 Like

Good point. I have nothing against Temura Morrison, but I really hope he can match Dee’s level of personality and energy if he actually does the clones.

1 Like

I think he can. When he did Boss in Republic Commando, he sounds completely different from Commander Cody in Revenge of the Sith, besides the same voice. Boss is much more gruff while Cody is lighter and even jokes with Obi-Wan. He hasn’t been given much opportunity to do what Dee has done, but I bet he would.

I’m not sure whether he really likes the part and is always happy to come back (like in BFEA), or if it’s just another pay check to him. That’s probably going to be the key in his performance.

1 Like

My concern is less with his vocal range and more with the amount of information he can convey. In Republic Commando/Battlefront/the Prequels Morrison sounded fairly monotone and didn’t speak with a whole lot of emotion and interest (though that may have been intentional). This contrasts greatly with the clones of TCW who are a lot more expressive.

That being said, I don’t want to write off Temura Morrison. I honestly haven’t seen him in anything non-SW. He’s in Disney’s new Moana movie; I’d be interesting to see how he performs in that. Hopefully he can prove himself to be a capable actor that will do the clones justice.

I’m looking forward to the Rogue One Scarif DLC coming out this week. A good way to level up is to play droid run and capture as many droids as possible. Also, I play PS4, and I’m Nekrodog. Rank 77.

2 Likes

We have a TTV PSN Community, if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, thanks for catching this before I did, Timmy.

That’s awesome! We have gamenights every so often, and with the upcoming DLC, Battlefront is probably our most likely contender for our next one. We don’t really play competitively and spend the majority of the time talking whilst sorta/kinda paying attention to the game, but we always welcome more people to join us.

3 Likes

Although battlefront 2 is looking good I’m still way more hyped for what visceral and respawn are doing

I want space battles, like the kind from og bf2
I should play bf2 again, I used to be really good at it.
Galactic conquest was really fun

Galactic Conquest WAS really fun. It was basically Instant Action, but with the added feature of moving ships, and building your army that helped forge your own narrative. I loved Galactic Conquest, and it would be cool to see it transition to this new formula of Battlefront.

There was this one game I played, I was playing as the republic, and the fight was on dagobah
we were getting absolutley rekt
eventually, I was the only clone one left and I was playing as an engineer, and there were ~20 droids left. I held the last republic point and killed all 20 droids, winning the match. It was so intense.

8 Likes

Those matches are the best.

As for Galactic Conquest, I would also like to see it return but with more strategic and tactical elements as I thought it was maybe too underdeveloped. It was still really fun though, but more flesh on the bones wouldn’t hurt.

2 Likes

Dagobah heavily favours the Separatists for some reason. The command posts might be a bit unbalanced…

Best feeling in the world :smiley:

Same. In retrospect Galactic Conquest was very underdeveloped. Playing against an AI got downright boring when you got to a certain skill level.

3 Likes

I used to be able to get that 1 hit kill sweet spot with the shotgun consistently, I should start playing again

Did you ever use the reward flechette shotgun?

I’m not sure if I have gotten it or not, I do know I’ve gotten the burst rifle for assault though

Oh man, the 3-shot reward rifle was a beast. If you got the damage buff and the reward rifle, you were unstoppable in Instant Action (most enemies could be taken out with a single burst).

1 Like

And that’s what little sisters are for. Inexperienced enough to make it easy, but also crazy enough to be unpredictable. This caused some surprise victories for the CIS a time or two.

2 Likes

Yep, I would do a space battle, and just hide in the engine room of the enemy ship and gat a bunch of kills

Dang, I wish I had a sister interested enough to play Battlefront with me.

Sneaky. Though what would be the use of farming like that?