The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

But DICE don’t have any Battlefront competitors lined up for winter 2015, do they?

2 Likes

No, they seem to actually make sure they finish this one. Though it is set for release during the Christmas season. I just fear that it’ll flop or be broken like EA’s other titles in recent years.

2 Likes

Examples of games that were rushed or ruined by EAs standards: Command & Conquer: Tiberium Twilight, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows games…

3 Likes

The publishers dictate how a game is monetized, so EA can decide to take part of the game, and lock it behind a paywall to release as day 1 dlc.

They have a history of doing this type of thing, because of this EA has one the award for worst company in America multiple time.

3 Likes

TBH, there are far worse companies in America that violate hundreds of human rights by the second, but nobody cares about that. EA is a bunch of money grubbers like every company ever, hate hate hate.

hate hate hate

9 Likes

There is no better word to describe how much we loath EA, it hadnt been invented yet. But your description will do for now.

3 Likes

I loved Star Wars Battlefront. I grew up playing it, and I’m really looking forward to the third installment.

4 Likes

It’s not really a third installment, it’s a franchise reboot. (Them 2015 reboots tho, BIONICLE, Battlefront and possibly Marvel Comics too…)

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Half-life reboot!

Darn it, that’s not a thing.

I have been meaning to pick it up, so a question: PS2 or Steam?

2 Likes

Either one works,but the PS2 can’t have all them sweet sweet mods installed. I grew up on PS2 though, so that version has a special place in the childhood.

5 Likes

9 Likes

That concept is now my wallpaper. :smile:

It would be really awesome if destroyed/dead vehicles and troopers stayed on the battlefield in DICE’s reboot. Who’s with me?

6 Likes

Me. I would love to purposely get a vehicle destroyed just so i could block people from going somewhere.

3 Likes

That would be awesome!

1 Like

Paint the battlefield with BLOOD! I approve.

1 Like

2violent4me

5 Likes

Man…imagine a star wars battlefront game based on the clone wars(either 2003 or 2008) or one based on Rebels and expanded universe?

2 Likes

Rebels really wouldn’t work with Battlefront IMO…

…but I’d be all over this. SO MANY MAP POSSIBILITIES!

-Jedi Cruisor/Seperatist Cruisor Interior
-Cristophsis!
-Teth!!! (vertical battles anyone?)
-Orto Plutonia (more snow maps!)
-The virus facility from the S1 Blue Shadow Virus episode
-Coruscant
-Mandalore
-Geonosis (Landing at Point Rain-style)
-Dathomir
-Kamino (How about some training missions?)
-Mon Calamari(?)
-UMABARA!!! (No seriously, I want this map so bad)
-Onderon
-Ringo Vinda

Anybody else got some maps they want to see in a new Battlefront instalment? (brand new or from previous games)

9 Likes

I just want hoth to return, that map was awesome! :snowman:

3 Likes

Salivates intensely

I would love for all of that… please disney please.

I want most of the older maps back, with exceptions being Naboo Theed (Just… what a terrible map) Mos Eisley (Not fun enough) Felucia, and Mygeeto.

Maps I’d have reworked:

Coruscant, I want to fight in a huge, sprawling city-planet, not some temple.
Death Star, just wasn’t enormous enough, nor did it truly feel like the Death Star, however, it was a fun map.
Utapau, again, needs to be bigger. BIGGER MAPS DICE, LET’S DO IT.
Kashyyyk Battlefront II, it didn’t really capture the sheer epicness of the movies. It’s based off that beach head in Ep III, and it was just disappointing. I liked the maps from BFI a lot more.
Geonosis: The BFI map was very well done, but the BFII map was… lackluster. I’d like for the execution colosseum to be in there, and just a huge amount of droids and clones fighting in a dusty environment where nobody can see past 5 feet. I want to be in the movie.

I feel I have an unrealistic amount of expectations for this game… oh well.

4 Likes