The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

So… Nien Numb and Greedo got in, but not Chewie and IG-88?
What?

2 Likes

Hey, they’ve got to save something for the 3 other DLC. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They aren’t from the Outer Rim

Is anyone or any company going to remaster bf 1 and 2 for next gen?

I don’t believe so.

no, but that’d be awesome and better than what EA put out

2 Likes

If they did, I hope no one would complain about the lack of space battles in Battlefront 1…like for EA Battlefront.

Ikr…

the difference between the two is BF1 was actually the first in the series, I still give it crap for not including space battles but at least it got a bunch of other things right that was improved on in BF2, unlike BFEA which regressed after it had the groundwork for it right in front of it

1 Like

##Battlefront III is coming to Steam! For FREE!!! (kinda)

Frontwire Studios (the dev that is working on a modern version of Battlefront III) have recently announced that they signed a deal with Valve to distribute “Galaxy in Turmoil” for free. Hype hype hype!

10 Likes

so wait

they’re releasing a modified version of the game now?

this project is coming along excellently, can’t wait to play

Huh, interesting. I was pretty sure they would get a Cease & Desist for working on a project with assets and an IP they do not own, but if Valve is confident enough to publish this… (although honestly it would be kinda cool to see Valve and Disney duking it out). But I also suppose that’s why they’re releasing it for free, even if I still find this weird and all with all the copyright stuff.

But somewhere, I’m sure an EA executive is sweating right now. It’s a good thing though, if this becomes very popular then I sure hope that EA will try to deliver better with the next game. As much I like the new game, it’s impossible to ignore the flaws that game has and I really hope they will learn their lesson next time (but considering how much it has sold, I suppose they don’t really have a reason).

2 Likes

I may be in the minority on this, but I’m actually ok with the lack of space battles in BFEA. People complain about it not having space battles but [quote=“Bioniclefan1, post:620, topic:5579”]
lack of space battles in Battlefront 1
[/quote]

was a thing. You say that BFEA ‘regressed’ from BF2, but in my eyes, this was logical. DICE had not made a Battlefront game before, and wanted to focus on making the game feel like Battlefront rather than Battlefield, and make it look and sound like Star Wars. They also had a deadline. EA told DICE to get the game out before Episode VII, which meant they had to cut some corners. These notably being space battles and a campaign. Would I have loved a campaign and space battles? Yes. Was I a little dissapointed to learn that there wouldn’t be space battles or a campaign (or Clone Wars)? Yes. But the final package that DICE delivered is something that I’ve loved every second of, and largely haven’t had a problem with.

Plus, it’ll probably get people to love BFEAII even more.

5 Likes

I actually agree on this. Sure, it would have been great if space battles where in the game. But personally I think the flying overall is quite bad (even though I’ve gotten used to and kinda enjoy it in short bursts), and just having it in space wouldn’t really change that. It would have still been rubbish regardless of if there were space battles or not.

because it did, they had a template with BF2, and instead focused seemingly all of their resources on graphics, angry joe’s review sums it all up pretty well

not to mention the laughable DLC

I find it funny, I was one of the people who at first was yelling “oh no don’t make it like battlefield”

but then I did a little research and really, the old Battlefront’s were essentially just Battlefield reskins just with a few things changed around, but the way they were changed was enough to make an awesome 2 star wars games

so when people said “I want it to stay close to the originals” what they really wanted was a (essentially) battlefield reskin

well, I’m glad someone could have fun with it

but I could only play for a few hours (thank god I didn’t actually buy it) before I got bored and saw through the incredible lack of content (well that’s just one of the issues, there’s a lot more that I will not go into)

3 Likes

DLC #2 is out on June 21st for Season Pass holders, containing 5 new maps, 2 new blasters, 2 new heroes, and 3 new star cards. I am really excited for this. I recently bought the season pass and was disappointing by the Outer Rim pack. There wasn’t too much there, with only four smaller enclosed maps that couldn’t be used on the main 2 modes (Supremacy and Walker Assault). Thankfully, it seems Bespin will have larger maps that will be playable on the main two modes, and I mean, c’mon. Who can’t resist the smooth that is Billy Dee Williams as Lando?

5 Likes

This definitely looks more interesting than the first DLC (played it yesterday due to the free trial, it was alright but not too exciting). Might give this a go actually.

1 Like

I may not even own BF, but I think that the Bespin maps are absolutely gorgeous. Brings back great Battlefront 1 memories. ESB may be my least favourite Star Wars movie, but Bespin is definitely one of my absolute favourite locales.

3 Likes

Oh boy, better be careful around the internet with that opinion. You’ll end up like this guy. (8:35)

But yeah, Bespin looks REALLY gorgeous. Possibly my all time favorite Battlefront map was the Bespin platforms. The tunnels just became a total wad of people where one thermal det could take out 10 people.

1 Like