The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

Some neeewwwzzz

They’re bringing Instant Action to the game (it’s called Skirmish though, but it’s the same thing), which is the one thing I would have liked for them to have on release since 99.99 % of my playtime for the previous games were spent there. It’s only Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron though.

Next DLC will also be released in September, which will feature the Death Star across maps both on the ground and in space. There will also be new weapons and Star Cards obviously, as well as two new heroes (I’m guessing Chewie is one of them). They’re going to show a sneak peak during Star Wars Celebration this Saturday.

7 Likes

This is very good news. Hopefully now the haters will stop whining because both Instant Action and Space Battles are happening (although I will agree they should’ve been there from the beginning). I’m pretty sure that the Imperial hero will be Bossk, given by this shot in the EA Star Wars E3 video.

4 Likes

I’m still waiting for IG-88 to be added in.

5 Likes

I think I got that reference

shouldn’t have to pay more money for something that should have been in it since the beginning

though it’s neat that they’re at least trying to fix it, hopefully they’ll learn and have this stuff in the sequel at the beginning

there’s also a lot more wrong with the game besides no space battles and instant action but I leave that explanation to Angry Joe’s review of the game

5 Likes

DEATH STAR! Space combat! Chewbacca and Bossk confirmed as heroes! Also, Rogue One: Scarif is the fourth expansion pack, releasing in December.

6 Likes

Where?

If true, that’s awesome.

On the Battlefront website. Probably should’ve linked it in the first place.

2 Likes

Ah, got it. Super looking forward to Death Star interior maps.

Also, I know we could have probably concluded this from previous announcements, but split-screen instant action! (Source)

My reaction:

5 Likes

“Yeah, heuh” - Nien Numb

It’s coming the 21st!

1 Like

Why wasn’t space battles and instant action added to begin with? Especially the Death Star stuff. Shouldn’t have to pay for it.

Plus, why didn’t EA think of the Death Star to begin with? They know people like the Death Star, right?

1 Like

Rushed development, so they had to add everything that was important first to make the game playable.

2 Likes

One thing to remember is that Instant Action is FREE.

3 Likes

Launches tomorrow for Season Pass holders!

4 Likes

I hate the mere concept of day one DLC and Season Passes, so I didn’t buy the Battlefront DLC (it costs almost as much as the main game??) and nowadays I find it much harder to enjoy Battlefront as a whole.

Does anyone else agree that the DLC heroes and weapons are really overpowered? I know they have to be good, or people wouldn’t buy them, but they’re a little too good. Remember how broken the DL-44 was last year? Remember getting pulverized by it in every match until you unlocked your own and you finally stood a chance?

It’s a bit like that every time I play against a DLC user. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll join a Heroes Vs Villains game and see Nien Nunb and Lando on the other team, and I’ll just think “Oh, I guess we lose.” I’ll get killed in like, two shots, and wonder “What? How did he kill me so quickly?” Then I notice that person has the Relby V10 and I think “Oh. That’s how. Okay.”

I don’t hate the game or anything, I want to keep enjoying it, but enjoyment is getting harder and harder to find for a DLC refuser. :stuck_out_tongue:

Time to sell an arm and a leg for Overwatch :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Mmm, was? It’s better, sure, but I still think it’s kinda OP.

Also remember that you don’t have to buy the $50 pass. Each separate DLC package is available for just $15, which is nice, because, frankly, the Outer Rim DLC isn’t the best. Well, ok, the V-10 is great, but the maps aren’t, and Nein Numb and Greedo? :confused: They wouldn’t have been my first choice for heroes.

But the Bespin DLC is FANTASTIC. Dengar and Lando are great heroes, and the maps are great. The Death Star DLC looks like it’ll be great as well. Still, I understand your position on DLC and stuff. The only reason I got the Season Pass is because I’m kinda obsessed with Star Wars, so, I’m just kinda throwing money at things with the logo on it. :joy:

2 Likes

Is it? I abandoned it for the A280C after that patch and I don’t see anyone using it anymore. What weapons do you use?[quote=“prentice1215, post:650, topic:5579”]
just $15
[/quote]

That still seems a bit steep for what you get, but I guess it’s nice to be able to pick and choose.

######Let’s not forget that there have been Rodian and Sullustan skins in the game since launch, so all they did was change their clothes… :stuck_out_tongue:

How do DLC maps even work? Can you only use them in the DLC game modes?[quote=“prentice1215, post:650, topic:5579”]
I understand your position on DLC and stuff
[/quote]

Yeah, I just hate that companies are gloating about future DLC content on day one. in my opinion, DLC should be an afterthought. Like, “We’re done the game, it’s been out for a while… You know what we could add to make it even better for anyone who’s interested in forking over some more cash?” Now it’s more like “We’re done the game, it’s not even out yet, but you know what we could remove and sell to the players for even more money? Yeah, just put in six heroes. We’ll sell them the other eight separately.” :stuck_out_tongue:

Heroes Vs Villains used to be my favourite game mode, but now that you manually choose your hero instead of being stuck with what you’re dealt, and that DLC users can bring in their paid loot, it’s honestly one of my least favourites now. :frowning:

Bossk and Chewie though…
…But where’s my boy IG-88?

5 Likes

It depends on the situation, but I usually rotate between the A280C, the E-11, and DLT-19 when playing Walker Assault and Supremacy, but on the rare occasion I play Blast or a gamemode of the like I still get mauled (ha, Star Wars pun) by the DL-44. [quote=“timmytowntim, post:651, topic:5579”]
Can you only use them in the DLC game modes
[/quote]

If you have a DLC map then it can be used on any map that can hold a gamemode. The reason I don’t like the Outer Rim maps is because they’re all small and don’t allow play on Walker Assault or Supremacy. Bespin however let’s you play Walker Assault and Supremacy in Cloud City, which adds urban combat to Battlefront, which is great. Death Star will be more enclosed similar to Outer Rim, but the new mode available (Death Star Siege, I think?) switches between space and ground combat depending on the progress of the round, so that’s great.

I think that’s a tad pessimistic. From what I’ve seen from the people working at DICE is that since the Outer Rim DLC, they’ve made sure to includes elements of things that fans ask for. A new map in the Death Star DLC is also basically a modern re imagining of the Death Star map from Pandemic’s Battlefront II, which DICE knew was popular with fans.