The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

Galactic Conquest WAS really fun. It was basically Instant Action, but with the added feature of moving ships, and building your army that helped forge your own narrative. I loved Galactic Conquest, and it would be cool to see it transition to this new formula of Battlefront.

There was this one game I played, I was playing as the republic, and the fight was on dagobah
we were getting absolutley rekt
eventually, I was the only clone one left and I was playing as an engineer, and there were ~20 droids left. I held the last republic point and killed all 20 droids, winning the match. It was so intense.

8 Likes

Those matches are the best.

As for Galactic Conquest, I would also like to see it return but with more strategic and tactical elements as I thought it was maybe too underdeveloped. It was still really fun though, but more flesh on the bones wouldnā€™t hurt.

2 Likes

Dagobah heavily favours the Separatists for some reason. The command posts might be a bit unbalancedā€¦

Best feeling in the world :smiley:

Same. In retrospect Galactic Conquest was very underdeveloped. Playing against an AI got downright boring when you got to a certain skill level.

3 Likes

I used to be able to get that 1 hit kill sweet spot with the shotgun consistently, I should start playing again

Did you ever use the reward flechette shotgun?

Iā€™m not sure if I have gotten it or not, I do know Iā€™ve gotten the burst rifle for assault though

Oh man, the 3-shot reward rifle was a beast. If you got the damage buff and the reward rifle, you were unstoppable in Instant Action (most enemies could be taken out with a single burst).

1 Like

And thatā€™s what little sisters are for. Inexperienced enough to make it easy, but also crazy enough to be unpredictable. This caused some surprise victories for the CIS a time or two.

2 Likes

Yep, I would do a space battle, and just hide in the engine room of the enemy ship and gat a bunch of kills

Dang, I wish I had a sister interested enough to play Battlefront with me.

Sneaky. Though what would be the use of farming like that?

Sheā€™s weird. She would be interested until I started winning, then sheā€™d quit after 25-30 minutes. Thus is the cycle we had for years. Then we got rid of the PS2 and got a PS3. No more Battlefront II.

1 Like

You can then rek everything inside the ship
You can hold your own while replenishing rockets, and then go destory the internals of the shi[

But there are no ammo droids in the engine room, how did you get more rockets?

When you get the burst rifle, you camp the gonk droid in the auto turret room

1 Like

something similar happened to me

I was the last stormie left on the tantive IV and I could not find princess leia, ran around for 20 minutes killing rebels non stop to find her

1 Like

Oooh, interesting idea. I always hated that room because it was full of enemies and the auto-turrets were really hard to ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

I guess you can just stay behind that wall between the hanger door and that main control room (at least I think the central room with the auto-turrets and turbo laser controls is supposed to be the control room).

Oh man, I hated doing some of those ā€œtrack down special character within a time limitā€ during the campaign. They could be super frustrating.

I remember once I played Tantive IV with a bumped up max unit/reinforcement count. There were AIs running around everywhere. I played as Grievous and was obliterating the clone ranks left and right (I kinda felt bad for them). It was a pretty great power fantasy.

Which BFII hero/villain did you guys think was the best?

3 Likes

so you do hero assault on mos eisley
play as chewbacca
camp the health and ammo droids by the sail barge
use only the guided missiles
profit

HOnestly, I enjoy playing as grievous the most, cuz of dem lightsabers

Speaking of intense matches, once in BFII when I played Galactic Conquest and tried to invade Geonosis as the Clone Army we got completely annihilated and in the aftermath there was just me and one heavy trooper. The droids had gotten substantial losses too, but they were still more than us and also had the support of local geonosians. Things looked grim as I ordered the heavy tropper to stay with me in the lookout tower and try to hold our ground. I donā€™t remember what class I was before, but I had changed to the Engineer in order to support my squadmate.

Thankfully, itā€™s always darkest before dawn, and just when things looked really dark an AT-TE were dropped. We carefully made our way to the AT-TE and entered it (thankfully this wasnā€™t the first game, where the AI just jumps out of the vehicles once the ticket drop to around 20 or so,even while in the air). With the AT-TE we managed to take out the rest of droids, and oh man was that intense.

Those were definitely the worst things about the campaign, and whoever came up with those should be thrown into a Sarlacc pit.

1 Like

Without a doubt, the most intense moment in the entire campaign was Kashyyyk when the 501st had to fall back behind the beach head and defend the oil thingies. Best strat: camp next the the gate winch as an engineer and repair it as fast as you could if it got destroyed. If that door remained open for too long the Corporate Alliance Tank Droids would flood in and youā€™d be royally screwed.

3 Likes