The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

I remember being stuck at that mission because of the literal floodgate that would open if the droids destroyed the gate winch.

3 Likes

Knightfall is the worst thing ever
I never was able to beat it

2 Likes

Pro Tip:

Rocket Launchers and mines. Lots and lots of mines.

3 Likes

Oh man, that mission was a nightmare.

1 Like

Boba was pretty OP

I love Yoda though because he’s so hard to hit

Any character with force push on a map with pitfalls is fun

I remember Boba Fett being useful, since he had a burst firing weapon, explosives and a jetpack.

2 Likes

I never was able to get the hang of flying a sowspeeder around an at-at, I always let the ai do that, with varying results

Oooh, I never thought of doing that. I’ll try have to try sometime.

Grievous sounds cool in theory, but I find his mechanics very lacking. His movement is clunky and his saber range is pretty limited in my experience. I find Maul, with his acrobatics and double-bladed 'saber, to be much more effective.

Wait, really, they did this? I have’t played BFI as much, so I wouldn’t know. Do you have a video of it happening?

It’s too bad there wasn’t a Sarlaac in BFII (even though a new version of the Dune Sea map would have been great with the revised vehicle mechanics).

I had two strategies:

• Spawn as an Engineer and use a Republic Fighter Tank to ward off all the incoming droids in front of the main gate. When the gate came down, I would retreat into the “base” and blast away at the bottle necked droids.

• Spawn as a Heavy Trooper (while making sure to have “Friendly Fire” off) and go around dropping mines in front of the tank droids. Since you can’t get damaged by the mines, you can just walk up to vehicles and blow them up one-shot.

Oh gosh, yes. You couldn’t use regular blasters on the Jedi because they would almost always deflect them.

I remember trying to make my way through the green-walled data center without turning a corner and getting stabbed by a Jedi…

shudders

But the Jedi are too fast for explosives like that. I was never able to line up my shots/drop mines in the right place. How did you do it?

Isn’t he kinda hard to control though?

What other maps besides the Death Star would this work on? [quote=“Mrblackpants, post:741, topic:5579, full:true”]
I never was able to get the hang of flying a sowspeeder around an at-at, I always let the ai do that, with varying results
[/quote]

Oh man, I was never able to do that.

1 Like

Basically just death star
but its still super fun

1 Like

Yet another thing I have to try. I’ll probably re-download BFII over Christmas break.

Also, fun fact: apparently Jedi can deflect tank rockets:

2 Likes

I was playing battlefront 2 online with a friend last night, we were on geonosis and he was driving an at-te, and I just kept walking under it, so in his attempts to kill me, he ended up just helping me rack up a lot of kills on the enemy team because of how confused the ai was

Oooh, how did you guys set up a server?

Can at walker foot even kill you? Of course, it can happen in DICE’s Battlefront, but I never thought those feet could squish players in the originals.

Gameranger
It is an amazing 3rd party service that restores multiplayer to a BUNCH of games that lost support due to gamespy’s shutdown, and many others that lost multiplayer support due to other reasons, I would definitely recommend it.[quote=“legomaster1378, post:746, topic:5579”]
Can at walker foot even kill you?
[/quote]

He tried to outmaneuver me, so he could shoot me, it didn’t work

1 Like

MLG skillz :sunglasses:/s

Drop mines around you and bait them in. If any make it past the mine defense, aim the launcher at their feet. Note: this really only works if the invincibility cheat is on, because otherwise you’re going to blow yourself up a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

Oooh, yeah. @Waj has mentioned it to me before. I’ll have to try it out. Do you have to host your own servers? Would it be possible to set up private Instant Action games between a couple of people?

Yeah, that “Friendly Fire: Off” is quite useful. A couple times I tried loading up Snowspeeders with mines and sideswiping AT-ATs. The mines would go off and reduce the AT-AT to like half health while I only too a little bit of collision damage. It was… more or less effective. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah, yes. My friends and I called this tactic “delivering the ice cream”.

1 Like

You don’t have to host your own servers, there are a few 24/7 servers out there, and yes, you can host a private password protected server[quote=“legomaster1378, post:749, topic:5579”]
Snowspeeders with mines
[/quote]

oooh, I have to try that one

1 Like

not really

(at least to me)

Oooh, nice.

1 Like