The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

The only complaint I’ve seen so far are that it’s max 40 players, which I personally don’t have a problem with.

I’m legit just cautiously optimistic, because while this seems like it could be great

I’m extremely hesitant because it’s EA, or it could be a titanfall 2 situation where it’s awesome

1 Like

i’d laugh if the campaign in the new battle front 2 won’t be released properly and is a bunch of dlc’s

That’s the news I was waiting to hear! My inner cheapskate is finally hyped for this game. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I may actually sell the first EA Battlefront so I can get Battlefront 2.
I bought the Season Pass for the first game for 60 dollars from GameStop, so does anyone know if it is possible to sell that too?

5 Likes

No. It’s digital. That can’t be resold. Sorry.

Since there is no season pass there will probably be micro transactions. Let’s just hope that it wont be too bad.

Or it just means we need to buy DLC when it comes out individually.

1 Like

Which is what I find weird about people’s stigma about Season Passes. Is it just that those that have the season pass will get the content early, is that the bad thing? Because you still have to spend a bunch of money for extra content, or “stuff that should have been in the game in the first place but was placed behind a paywall”.

1 Like

[quote=“IGN”]Battlefront II creative director Bernd Diemer confirmed the absence of a season pass in an interview with Mashable. “We don’t want to segment our community,” he said with regard to why the team opted to forgo a season pass.
[/quote]

I think they are considering not having any paid DLC (at least not any maps or expansions), given how they worded it. It wouldn’t make sense to get rid of the Season Pass but still sell expansions, as that wouldn’t solve the problem of splitting up he community.

5 Likes

@prentice1215 Dangit. Thanks, though!

So one of my quotas has already nearly been fulfilled as hoth, tatooine, takodana, endor, kamino, naboo, jakku, and yavin have been confirmed

That’s already a good amount of planets and it’s confirmed more are going to be in it

Also the kamino concept art is awesome

4 Likes

“Cough cough”

Please

4 Likes

Mandalore plz

let these be special units or something

3 Likes

I don’t have the source at the moment but I recall them saying they’re looking in to how mandalorians would work in the game. But also if boba fett is in the game they’d probably need a way to differentiate him from normal mandalorians

1 Like

I doubt they’ll have mandalorians in the game since they’re a different faction. But Boba and Jango are most likely going to be in the game.

I’m not sure about there not being a season pass yet because ea immediately said its still up in the air at the moment

Also I want to talk about the voice actors in the game. I hope that they get the real actors to play their heroes. Especially because out of everyone in the entire game the heroes had the worst voice acting out of all of them, with the exception of temuera Morrison and Sam witwer I thought that everyone else was completely awful. Since Sam witwer is playing the emperor in this game I’m guessing he’s playing darth maul too, so perfect I love his maul and it’s one of the reasons I want to get into voiceover. I hope they bring in Daisy to play Rey because if she did voiceover for Rey in the Lego game I’d expect her to come in for this, same thing for John Boyega especially since he kept asking about the game to the guy who runs the twitter for ea Star Wars about a year ago. I’m fine with them doing a different actor for young luke just get a better voice, but if we see old man Luke he better be voiced by Mark Hamil. They’ll probably bring Temuera Morrison for boba fett, and if so he’ll probably also voice the clones, even though I’d personally prefer they’d get Dee Bradley Baker for the clones. I’m guessing Tom Kane will be playing yoda that’s fine by me. For kylo renn get Adam Driver I think he has a hard voice to replicate so I don’t really want a sound alike. And of course, get James Earl Jones for Vader because the guy in the first battlefront was awful and James Earl Jones has been doing Vader in rebels and rogue one so I hope he comes back to the role for this.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/6djsx9/possible_leaked_menu_layout_for_the_new/?sort=top
i want to believe

4 Likes

I think this is fake, but the real thing will probably be somewhat similar.

My tip off? The DC-15 icon is actually a DH-17.