The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

It might just be a placeholder.

Also…

4 Likes

That type of thing is very common in early development of games.

In fact placeholders like that can last up to just before release since they aren’t a huge priority to have correct.

I will not guarantee that it’s real because I simply am not an insider but I will say I don’t see any real tip offs

A Clone Trooper with a shoulder-bag? We haven’t seen that before…

Also, it would make sense if the clone customization turns out to be greyscale like this. Not having individual color options will prevent battlegrounds from being littered with rainbow-colored troopers.

“Officer Spawn”? I wonder what that does…

2 Likes

I’d be okay with this if certain maps have clone battalion colors

Coruscant being 501st, Kashyyyk being 41st elite corps etc.

4 Likes

I’d like to see rainbow colored troopers thank you very much

3 Likes

cough cough

Also gameplay on Theed confirmed for EA Play, June 10th 2017.

6 Likes

the actual best trooper design

4 Likes

I love Battlefront II

Not the new tresh EA is putting out

The good stuff

I legitimately never noticed that the Clone Sharpshooter had a shoulder bag… dang…

As someone who’s been getting tired of the original BFII recently, I have to ask: what do you find so engaging about it? Why do you think it’s so much better than the more modern games?

2 Likes

It’s replayability.

One, I don’t own anything grand-spanking new, and I don’t intend to for the most part, so it’s really my only option. Secondly, the console version of BFII and the computer version of BFII have very distinct, different feels to them, along with styles of gameplay, controls, etc. and I haven’t had the computer one very long.

The main reason I dislike EA’s Battlefront (and II) is because of all the very simple things they’re getting dead wrong. Seriously, how do you mess up the pre-set, pre-designed Lightsaber combat?

Well, it isn’t infinitely replayable, I will eventually grow dead tired of it. But for the most part, it’s a fun game I like to play with my brother whenever I can.

That being said, what the heck is up with Mace Windu’s neck on console?!

It’s mostly nostalgia. I love the original Battlefront 2. because it’s a lot of fun to play, but people act like it’s the best Star Wars game ever (which it isn’t).

How can you judge the second EA Battlefront game if you haven’t even seen gameplay?

3 Likes

How do you think I can make the statement that you just quoted without seeing anything of it? I’ve seen, played, and researched BFEA1, and I’ll do the same for the second, which isn’t showing many high hopes.

Besides, y’know, a campaign, multiple eras, confirmed classes, a boat load of new planets, a dedicated space battles mode, DICE proving that they’ve listened to community feedback in general, etc, etc.

1 Like

They’ve “listened” on other occasions.

Why the quotes? They constantly patched BFEA1 based on feedback from the community, and they’re building BFEAII based on feedback as well, it’s obviously evident.

B a t t l e f i e l d

What about it?

Meant to say EA Battlefront 2. But anyway, you said, “The main reason I dislike EA’s Battlefront (and II) is because of all the very simple things they’re getting dead wrong.” You’re saying that what they’ve done with Battlefront 2 is bad, without having any real reason to say that. You haven’t seen gameplay (at least not officially released), and all the information on what the game will include has so far has sounded pretty good. Not saying it’s going to be a good game, just saying that you shouldn’t say it’s a bad game without any proof.

Official screenshot of the Attack on Theed:

And leaked picture of gameplay:

It appears as though the menu that was leaked earlier is real.
Also, the monitor with the first-person view looks like it takes place inside the palace on Theed.

How did DICE mess up lightsaber combat exactly? On the few occasions I’ve played DICE’s BF it felt fine (and in many ways it felt more tangible then Jedi in the old Battlefront II did). [quote=“Ghidora131, post:844, topic:5579”]
what the heck is up with Mace Windu’s neck on console?!
[/quote]

No idea, haven’t played on console in a loooooog time. Got a pic?

2 Likes