The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

I’m pretty sure they previously said all new content will be available without paying

3 Likes

Yes! Can’t wait to play as the 41st Elite!

Yeah, this has been the case since E3 based on feedback from Battlefront 2015. Paid DLC was never going to be a thing for Battlefront II. Just hefty microtransactions, lol.

1 Like

Oh heck forget what I said, I’m just a casual boi that wont play popular triple A games probably for a year after release unless its halo.

Tldr been exposed

2 Likes

so there are new changes with progression system, no more paid loot boxes, and you only get skins and stuff like that from the loot boxes, im hyped

2 Likes

Wow, I’m surprised. I guess I’ll wait and see what they do.

the update comes out next week

1 Like

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1005516138023825408

CLONE WARS DLC IS CONFIRMED!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!!!

Geonosis
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin Skywalker
Count Dooku
General Grievous
Clone Legions

The promised day has arrived.

3 Likes

Love the new ones.

only took them a year

1 Like

Add this news to the Solo Season Kessel map releasing on the 12th and I am pretty excited for the future of this game.

While it is true that these additions are being added rather late, I appreciate the hard work being done over at DICE, and I am very excited to experience it when it comes out.

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1012796863291027457

Some future stuff coming up, including Clone Trooper appearances!

1 Like

The July update is mostly focused on starfighter stuff which I’m not terribly interested in, though it will be convenient to be able to alter hero appearances before each round. I am excited for Clone Trooper appearances, and being able to purchase emotes and poses with credits is a good idea because right now neither are really unlockable accept on occasion through timed challenges.

I am intrigued by the sound of the Fall update’s Large-Scale mode and the Squad system as I haven’t heard of those before. All in all, looking forward to the little improvements for the rest of the summer and the larger additions later in the year.

New starfighter stuff?! I’m in! Also hyped for clone appearances!

I hear that people are disappointed because of how long it’s going to take to get some of the new features (including the main map). Ì kind of agree with them, knowing that the new map was advertised as coming out in august, however that can always change. Everything on the roadmap is subject to change.

Obi-Wan just dropped. I love his animations. Haven’t used him online yet

1 Like

The “Hello There” emote is perfect.

1 Like

THERES A HELLO THERE EMOTE?! The servers were down when I tried it so I didn’t see any of that

I think EA isn’t doing as bad as people think. They took care of a lot of what people hated about the second (loot crates and the like), and the first one, though limiting of things like timeline, and not having a story, was quite impressive. May I add that Vader’s gameplay in this one makes you feel like you’re playing his Rogue One scene. As for the second, it’s still quite flawed but EA is doing a lot to improve it such as the new mode, updated HvV and lightsaber mechanics, and more clone wars content (though they should balance it with more OT stuff imo)

4 Likes

Battlefront 2 is doing really well, despite the fallbacks it had early on.
Battlefront 1 is great, except for the fact that the only people who still play it are the really skilled tryhards with all the good gear.