The Sun is disappearing on August 21st

For three minutes on August 21st, a total solar eclipse will be visible across a band in the United States.

https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/nasa_eclipse_map.jpg

This map shows the path of totality represented by the dark band, as well as the times and locations where they can be viewed from. The red bands show areas where you can see partial visibility. The solar eclipse will be most visible in the United States, however, one can view partial eclipses in South America, Mexico, Europe, and Canada.

Also god-tier clickbait huh?

10 Likes

It’s not clickbait for me because I knew it would happen.

Also I have a sweet spot because I live in the mid-valley of Oregon and it’s going directly over my city.

3 Likes

Now’s our time, guys.

The Firebenders will be powerless.

Victory will be ours.

19 Likes

I live in a part that is one of the places that it will be most visible.

#The nerd in me can sleep happy and good.

Though I would sleep better if Slime was Metru Governor.

2 Likes

Speaking of this, my dad mentioned a website used to rent out housing, and the prices for the houses in oregon for the weekend were absurd.

But yeah, wish I could see the complete eclipse.

3 Likes

Maybe someone will post pics here…

1 Like

I’m planning on seeing it as well. Will have to do a bit of traveling though to get to a good spot as where I live is just on the edge of the path

1 Like

I’m planning on staring at it.

1 Like

Better get those glasses for those… I wouldn’t want you to go blind. I still wanna see you in RPs

Glasses are for wimps!/s

1 Like

You should be like Galileo and point your telescope directly at it .

No actually please don’t that will ruin your eyes. Galileo went blind looking at the sun through his telescope.

5 Likes

I hope it comes back. A future with no sun would be a dark future indeed.

~W12~

7 Likes

I won’t even see it because I’ll probably either be asleep for the entire thing, or I won’t, but won’t bother to look outside.

No idea if it will really be visible from Southern California anyway.

Unfortunate, it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to see it in its complete glory, judging from my location in the states. l guess carving that giant transmutation circle was all for nothing.

4 Likes

I’ll be able to see most of it (just shy of 90%, according to the map) but I’m mad that I won’t be able to see the whole one.

1 Like

For you Americans. We are getting a full lunar eclipse on Monday 7PM CET.

1 Like

70-80% coverage. in SoCal

By Mata Nui we need to meet someday.

1 Like

I used to live near Oregan…

Gosh darn it

2 Likes

Ok I just looked at a map and Salem actually looks pretty close to the middle. Pm me if you actually want to meet another Ttv member.
I can’t believe this may be a reality. Thanks @DannyBoyy for unintentionally uniting the community.

1 Like