The Sword of Souls/The Djinn blade contrivances

So as everyone who has seen Ninjago episode 63 should know of the odd moment when they reveal the Djinn blade can capture someone if they are simply struck with it.

Which begs the question, why did Nadakan not simply hit the Ninja with it, and just attack literally everyone with it.

I have a few ideas.

First off, maybe the souls don’t count if they are hit. which is unlikely. but my second theory makes a bit more sense. (maybe)

If Nadakan hit the ninja with the sword, someone could have easily freed them and then he would be faced with six Ninja plus their allies. All armed with three wishes (plus maybe tiger widow venom) So Nadakan likely went out of his way to waste their wishes, as to make sure his plans work without interruptions.

(As for why he needed to marry Nya, rather then literally any random lady in Ninjago…SHUSH)

7 Likes

Yeah, this season was rather weird in places…

Maybe it was “fun” to him to do it that way. I don’t know?

Maybe Nadakhan simply isn’t as smart as we all thought.

But he was shown to be cunning and intelligent. This seems like it would be massive overlook had he not planned it.

Maybe Nadakhan’s a great manipulator and tactician

but a trash fighter

I mean, the Ninja, in this season, had access to their full array of elemental powers, plus all the training they’ve had

Nadakhan may have been a fearsome pirate captain

but he seems more like a “float around and let the others fight his battles for him” type

3 Likes