The Tahu Show SE3 EP3

Laval returns and attempts to defeat tahu and dood. But dood shows his secret power and defeats laval. But this will not be the last time we see laval.

I don’t care if you judge my vids heck I would like some feedback

Try using a stop motions program without a water mark

2 Likes

I tried using stop motion but i dont have the patients for it. I like the way i make my videos right now anyways.

Somebody’s salty.

Anyway buy the full version of PowerDirector already. Also it’s still just too much like Jaller for my tastes.

3 Likes

I’m not salty I just have a lot of time on my hands. And I don’t have the money to get the full version of power director. And if you don’t like my videos don’t watch them it’s that simple

Alrighty, I’ve got a few pieces of criticism for ya:

• The dialogue was really stiff, formal, and a bit repetitive. Additionally, said formal language doesn’t fit the characters all too well.

• Some consistency when it comes to the use of your hands would be pretty nice. Seeing your hands every other frame kinda destroys the “universe” they’re in since it shows that you’re just moving them around with your hands. It’s kind of like those awkward bits in terrible movies where you can obviously see the tip of the boom mic at the edge of the frame.

• This is probably just due to my unfamiliarity with your series, but the transition between “dood” and what I’m guessing is his other form was basically non-existent and confused me beyond belief. Perhaps you can do some sort of visual cue to indicate the change?

• I would recommend adding more music to your episodes. You don’t need to have it for every frame, but it would help build the atmosphere you want to create and would mask some of the static from your microphone.

• The storyline was all over the place. It was basically two different episode ideas wrapped into one:

• The parasite, its removal, and the duo’s attempt to hide it
  • Laval’s return, the fight, Laval’s death

Either one of these ideas by themselves would be fine, but combining them together just made the story messy and I personally would’ve separated the two into different episodes. Sure, your ending would have had less context, but since this seems to be an episodic series, you would think that the viewers would already know what is going on and would immediately link the two together.

4 Likes

thanks for the feedback. yeh I’ve been trying to work on most of this stuff for a while now. I’ve never scripted a video so thats probably why my videos make absolutely no sense. season 3 was supposed to be serious but right now it looks like a whole train wreck. i think I’m gonna have to start fresh sadly. i think one of the reason my videos suck is because i got inspiration from the reviving Bionicle series by suddenly oranges at a younger age and that inspiration has stuck with me. so yeah i think I’m gonna have to do a factory reset. or just keep going what I’m doing now. yah know what they say if i enjoy making the videos how hey are made then thats ow its gonna stay.

2 Likes

First off, I think that you meant “patience”. :slight_smile:

Second of all, man, we were referring to the watermark that frankly implies that you’re an inexperienced producer who isn’t really invested in the work to any sort of casual, “off the cuff” viewer. We know that this isn’t the case, but we’re hoping to help you out as most folks would likely be quicker to judge.

I feel pretty confident in the fact that this is the simplest way for you to improve your videos. Assuming that you’re interested in picking up some similiar software that won’t eat up your entire budget, here’s a quick list of a few awesome image and video editors/compilers…

Relatively Cheap

• Sony Vegas Movie Studio

• Adobe Premiere Pro CC (What I Use)

• NCH VideoPad Video Editor

Free Trial, Sans Watermark

• Adobe Premiere Pro CC :stuck_out_tongue:

• Sony Vegas Pro Edit

Free

• Meltytech Shotcut

• MonkeyJam (Stop-Motion only)

• Windows Live Movie Maker (Confirmed Third-Party Download)

• VDSC Video Editor (Surprisingly Free)

I would highly reccommend that you make sure to avoid getting too reliant on any of the free ones, with the possible exception of the incredible and probably very unprofitable VDSC Video Editor. If I were you, I’d download a free trial of Adobe Premiere and teach yoruself how to use that; it isn’t too crazy.

Here’s the thing, man: it has nothing to do with that. We’re trying to help you out - everyone who’s criticized you likes your videos enough to want to make them better. There are hundred of crappy video producers out there making things like “The Tahu Show” that I just don’t care enough about to even mention. If no one comments on your work, it definitely doesn’t mean that everyone likes it; likewise, the reverse stands true as well.

-Azani

2 Likes