The Time after Time: a Bionicle Serial

Hello all, and welcome to a serial I’ve decided to start. I’ve tried to replicate G.T.Farshtey as much as possible, just to note, so if it sounds like an official serial, keep in mind that this is FANMADE, NOTHING MORE.Now without further ado, let me present you:
#Bionicle, The Time before Time
Prologue: The legend

Legends told of six heroes, once before, on a quest to save the legendary Mata Nui, dubbed “The Toa Mata”. These six fighters were accompanied by elders, villagers, and fellow warriors accompanying them. Their journey was finalized, and them peacefully resting on the planet of Spherus Magna. But heroes must always come forward, and prove their worth, and thus, a new legend has begun.
Years after the death of Makuta, the Toa Nuva set off for the making of a new civilization, a society where Agori and Matoran could live together. The spirit of Fire, Tahu, was elected leader, issuing Takanuva his Right Hand, and Artakha his Left.
The disguised Great Being, Velika, attempted to thwart their plans, and enslave the entire populace of Matoran and Agori, simply by trying to turn them against each other, through the lack of trust within the two societies. He was imprisoned, and turned into a slave for the sake of safety among the new society of Spherus Magna.
Through this incident, Tahu ordered the creation of 6 Toa Stones, dipped into a pool on energized Protodermis, and fused together, then kept in the safety of the secret fortress of the Order of Mata Nui, now renamed the Order of Spherus Magna. The stone was to be powered with six elements, for certain emergencies, in times when the Toa were not present.
Eight beings came forward to insert their power: Tahu, Master of Fire and Leader of Spherus Magna , Takanuva, Toa of Light and right hand to Tahu , Helryx, Leader of the Order of Spherus Magna, Miserix, the last of the Makuta, Gelu, Glatorian of Ice, Lessovikk, Rogue Toa of Air, Velika, Great being and Newly-Initiated slave of the Order, and Bomonga, Deputy of the Toa Hagah. Despite the others’s loss in power, Tahu and Takanuva had more than enough strength to stay Toa.
Over time, a mere 75 years, plenty happened, yet none of the events were properly important. Turaga Vakama died of old age, and was given a ceremony, then buried under a memorial erected to honor him, Helryx became the Co-leader of the Order, alongside Artakha, and, with the reproductive organs given to the Matoran and Toa by Artakha, Hewkii and Macku married, and had many children.
For 75 years, all life was fine on Spherus Magna. However, a hidden threat was brewing, alongside the fate of the planet. The Toa, alongside these issues, were still in smaller numbers than other species.
This, is the legend of the Bionicle.

Chapter 1: The fall of Order

Brutaka clumsily leaned on the fortress walls, then caught himself once more. He hated guard duty, and only participated for the sake of the Order’s safety. Of course, Axonn was assigned with him, so he didn’t care.
“Dozing away again, Brutaka, or did you not have your MuCoffee? You know this is an honorable position normally!”, Axonn bellowed cheerfully to his old friend.
Brutaka staggered back, then regained posture,“Yes, I know. It’s just that, well, you know, the Fortress hasn’t been found in the century since it’s creation!”, he barked jokingly.
"Oh, but you never know. There could be anything unexpected, like a Skakdi inquistion, or a traitorous attack!"d
Brutaka nodded, knowing the power of the unexpected. A few weeks ago, he had been sent out to find a missing Toa, Norik, who was with the Toa Hagah last. He’d found the fire-spatter in the hands of many vicious Zesk. He’d freed the Toa, but Norik had lost his arm.
Suddenly, he saw a shadow approaching the fortress. “Hey, what’s that?”, Axonn shouted out to Brutaka.
“No idea, but whatever it is, it’ll face the mighty power of the most mighty warriors on Spherus Magna!”

Everything ends eventually… and sometimes, you’re not sure why.
— Mazeka, Brothers In Arms

Tahu returned to his Mansion in Kini-Magna, exhausted from the amount of politics he had to involve himself in that day. In a way, his job revolved around politics, and he didn’t need more work in the process.
Being the leader of Spherus Magna wasn’t the most exciting of careers, but it was a requirement of his, with the fact that he rescued the populations of Aqua Magna, but the tasks he accomplished were more tedious than he normally expected. The Onu-matoran were demanding lower prices on Protodermis, with the large amount being mined, the Ta-matoran forced raises on the masks crafted by them, and in the army. The Po-matoran were protesting from their tiresome work, even Hafu!
“Well, at least Matoran don’t smash these w. alls inward when I get in. I better get myself some peace.”
Tahu turned the lights on, and settled into the couch of his. He loved this book, a confidential biopic of the Matoran Civil War. Opening it up, he relaxed, and reread the chapter on The First Dispute.
Hours later, now near the end of his book, Tahu heard an incomprehensible noise in the background. Getting up immediately, he trudged over to the entrance, and opened the door.
And watched as Ta-Magna exploded into flames.

“Did you ever think we could do more good if we stopped worrying so much about who might get hurt in the process?”
— Toa Mangai Tuyet to Lhikan, The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet

Helryx got off of her workbench, and started welding her new sword, completely made out of Protosteel. She heard a sudden scream, turned back, then realized it was only Berix. She sighed, obviously annoyed. When will I ever have any peace, she thought,When this clumsy fool slips and falls?
After an hour, Helryx stood back to admire her work. It was her newly-constructed vehicle, with spears on each end, and a new cannon, designed with slight inspiration from Artakha. She knew she’d have to name it, but she wasn’t a creative designer, so she left that to Artakha.
Artakha. When would she get the name out of her mind? She knew he was only a helper, but over the past years, they’d grown close to each other, too close for that matter.
Suddenly, she heard a shriek, then a slash through metal. Surprised, she turned to the surveillance screen.
And saw a cloaked figure approach the central chamber.

“For more than 100 centuries, I have looked into the face of evil again and again. It sickens me.”
— Axonn, Vengeance of Axonn

Brutaka looked into the hood, and saw some faint traces of what looked like a Miru. Angered, he brandished his new greats word.
“Foolish being! You cannot get anywhere past the two greatest warriors of Spherus Magna!”, he exclaimed, with a roar, that would even render a Muaka useless.
“Alas, I’ve heard… indifference, is it?”, the being’s voice sounded nasal, making Axxon want to destroy him otherwise.
Axxon readied his axe,“Oh, yes, and the Order really is public, all the same?”, and with that, plunged the axe into the being’s arm.
Axxon expected an exclamation of pain, but the creature just smiled, and picked a Guurahk dagger out of his belt.
“Now, listen here, children. This is a legitimate Guurahk staffhead, used to destroy any being on this planet. You shall yield soon, for an army of menace shall come your way.”
And with that, he plunged the dagger forward into Brutaka’s chest.

Chapter 2 coming soon!

4 Likes

I commend you, sir, for you have created the shortest chapter of anything ever.

Nice story BTW.

Though I do have a problem with one thing.

3 Likes

Sorry, unfinished

3 Likes

heuheueheuheu that made me laugh :slight_smile: seems like an interesting story

1 Like

Interesting idea. Can’t wait to see it come into fruition.

I’ve finished the first chapter! Sorry for the wait, and most of it was written while I was in a subconscious state (The portion after Tahu).
Readers invited @Marendex_T17 @Helryx08 @Middlefingerstudios @DarkTakanuva

Chapter 1: The fall of Order

Brutaka clumsily leaned on the fortress walls, then caught himself once more. He hated guard duty, and only participated for the sake of the Order’s safety. Of course, Axonn was assigned with him, so he didn’t care.
“Dozing away again, Brutaka, or did you not have your MuCoffee? You know this is an honorable position normally!”, Axonn bellowed cheerfully to his old friend.
Brutaka staggered back, then regained posture,“Yes, I know. It’s just that, well, you know, the Fortress hasn’t been found in the century since it’s creation!”, he barked jokingly.
"Oh, but you never know. There could be anything unexpected, like a Skakdi inquistion, or a traitorous attack!"d
Brutaka nodded, knowing the power of the unexpected. A few weeks ago, he had been sent out to find a missing Toa, Norik, who was with the Toa Hagah last. He’d found the fire-spatter in the hands of many vicious Zesk. He’d freed the Toa, but Norik had lost his arm.
Suddenly, he saw a shadow approaching the fortress. “Hey, what’s that?”, Axonn shouted out to Brutaka.
“No idea, but whatever it is, it’ll face the mighty power of the most mighty warriors on Spherus Magna!”
“Everything ends eventually… and sometimes, you’re not sure why.”
— Mazeka, Brothers In Arms

Tahu returned to his Mansion in Kini-Magna, exhausted from the amount of politics he had to involve himself in that day. In a way, his job revolved around politics, and he didn’t need more work in the process.
Being the leader of Spherus Magna wasn’t the most exciting of careers, but it was a requirement of his, with the fact that he rescued the populations of Aqua Magna, but the tasks he accomplished were more tedious than he normally expected. The Onu-matoran were demanding lower prices on Protodermis, with the large amount being mined, the Ta-matoran forced raises on the masks crafted by them, and in the army. The Po-matoran were protesting from their tiresome work, even Hafu!
“Well, at least Matoran don’t smash these w. alls inward when I get in. I better get myself some peace.”
Tahu turned the lights on, and settled into the couch of his. He loved this book, a confidential biopic of the Matoran Civil War. Opening it up, he relaxed, and reread the chapter on The First Dispute.
Hours later, now near the end of his book, Tahu heard an incomprehensible noise in the background. Getting up immediately, he trudged over to the entrance, and opened the door.
And watched as Ta-Magna exploded into flames.

“Did you ever think we could do more good if we stopped worrying so much about who might get hurt in the process?”
— Toa Mangai Tuyet to Lhikan, The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet

Helryx got off of her workbench, and started welding her new sword, completely made out of Protosteel. She heard a sudden scream, turned back, then realized it was only Berix. She sighed, obviously annoyed. When will I ever have any peace, she thought,When this clumsy fool slips and falls?
After an hour, Helryx stood back to admire her work. It was her newly-constructed vehicle, with spears on each end, and a new cannon, designed with slight inspiration from Artakha. She knew she’d have to name it, but she wasn’t a creative designer, so she left that to Artakha.
Artakha. When would she get the name out of her mind? She knew he was only a helper, but over the past years, they’d grown close to each other, too close for that matter.
Suddenly, she heard a shriek, then a slash through metal. Surprised, she turned to the surveillance screen.
And saw a cloaked figure approach the central chamber.
“For more than 100 centuries, I have looked into the face of evil again and again. It sickens me.”
— Axonn, Vengeance of Axonn

Brutaka looked into the hood, and saw some faint traces of what looked like a Miru. Angered, he brandished his new greats word.
“Foolish being! You cannot get anywhere past the two greatest warriors of Spherus Magna!”, he exclaimed, with a roar, that would even render a Muaka useless.
“Alas, I’ve heard… indifference, is it?”, the being’s voice sounded nasal, making Axxon want to destroy him otherwise.
Axxon readied his axe,“Oh, yes, and the Order really is public, all the same?”, and with that, plunged the axe into the being’s arm.
Axxon expected an exclamation of pain, but the creature just smiled, and picked a Guurahk dagger out of his belt.
“Now, listen here, children. This is a legitimate Guurahk staffhead, used to destroy any being on this planet. You shall yield soon, for an army of menace shall come your way.”
And with that, he plunged the dagger forward into Axxon’s chest.

Chapter 2 coming soon!

3 Likes

Interesting. I look forward to reading the rest. But…

Why did you make Eljay evil?

2 Likes

Sorry, but that isn’t Eljay.
I’ll give you a hint: Rahkshi exist.

Very nice, a great improvement over the previous sentence-an-a-half iteration.

The only (minor/nitpicky) problem I have with it so far is that coughEvil-Miru-Clad-Hawkflightcough the bad guy used a Guurahk staff-head without the Guurahk, however, I do like the concept of being able to use Rahkshi staffs without being a Rahkshi so it’s no big deal.

Its good so far, i look forward to the rest!

By the way, I’m going to tease a bit of the next two chapters in this post. What do you guys want it to be?

Time to summon! @Helryx08, @charyas, @Marendex_T17, @DarkTakanuva, @Middlefingerstudios, and lastly, @Ekorak

The next two will be increasingly tense!! Don’t worry!
Also, good for you to bring this up, Marendex! My earlier hint will clear this up for you: Rahkshi exist. Along with that, they can poison the mother of a matoran, causing it to mutate (the conceived matoran, that is).

6 Likes

Interesting. I’ll wait for chapter two to really judge, but you have some ideas here and I’ll have to see what it’s about.

Alright, as you guys haven’t asked, I’ll post a feature in this that’s so irrelevant, none of you will care: Matoran Reproduction.
With Matoran reproduction, two Matoran mate, then do… unspeakable things to each other. A sample of the Matoran’s genetic sample goes to a rebuilt Red Star, now known as the “Life” Star. Kestora engineer the Matoran sample to make a better combination of the two, and teleport the developing being, made of a liquid Protodermis, into the female’s stomach. Birth is the same as a human, but without so much pain.

1 Like

I was just scared to ask so I didn’t

Not to be that guy

but you just could have
Well gone with the human reproduction thing

mainly because the idea you have gets way too complex for its own good
but its your fanfiction.

2 Likes

yeah but then it wouldn’t be Bionicle like, everything needs to be super complicated :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, guys! The next chapter will be made, and chapter 3 with it!
I’m currently creating it on Microsoft Word, and it’s 3 out of 5 pages long. Watch Half-Rahkshi destroy the fortress, and expect cameos of members all over the fanbase!

4 Likes

Noice. I really like the retelling of the legend. Great job!

1 Like

Meh. I’m currently working on the next chapter, and drawing Ta-Magna. Not the best fan artist, though.

Neither am I. :smile:

1 Like