The Time after Time: a Bionicle Serial

intensification intensifies

1 Like

Welp, an excerpt from the next chapter:

Immediately, the sides of her vision soon blurred out, turning black in an instant. Her breathing became lapsed, her systems shutting down, the spearhead punctured in her chest. Trying to stay conscious, she fell, the spear handle breaking off, her heartlight dimly glowing, and her perception blacking out. The last sight she comprehended before falling unconscious was the boot of Niksrahn smashing into her face.

Don’t worry. The character isn’t dead yet. Guess who it is?

3 Likes

Helryx.

1 Like

Maybe.

Looking forward to more, though still reading through it :3

1 Like

So guys, I finished.
I know that most of you good readers have been waiting for quite a while, and thus, I may present you:
#Bionicle, Time after Time:
Chapter 2: Vengeance of The Vahiran

“Hmm… needs a bit of added speed to it.”
Artakha put the finishing touches to his new creation, then admired it. 'Twas a beauty, he remarked. The vehicle he’d made had- say, a few missing bits here and there, but he knew Mazeka would like it. Helryx, too.
Helryx. The name kept him awake at night for hours on end. Suffice to say, he felt some capacity of love for her. She was bold, and always striving for perfection.
“Thinking about… her again?”
Artakha glimpsed over his shoulder. Tobduk, his bodyguard, stood next to him. The bulky assassin chuckled, and said, “I felt love once, for a Toa of Water.”
“Really? When?”
“A while back. She really is a mirror image of Helryx. Quite a beauty, t-”
Tobduk was cut short by a screech of metal, then what looked to be a horde of cloaked figures. Each looked Rahkshi-esque, with selective weaponry seemingly based off of Rahkshi staves.
The possible leader took off his cloak, and started to speak.
His appearance was hideous, all-around. His face looked like a Calix fused to a Rahkshi’s face, and when he spoke, his voice was raspy and dry. His armor was a hideous combination of red, light green, and gold, and slimy. The words he screeched next were almost incomprehensible, but slightly distinctive.
“Death to you all.”
Tobduk’s words next brought concern to the half-Rahkshi warriors.
“And what if I live? Your input certainly would be invalid then.”, and thus he jumped into the currently-constructed vehicle.
Tobduk threw Artakha his Protosteel-and-gold swords,” Here, use this!” he exclaimed to the Creator.
Artakha picked the weaponry up, then smiled. The swords were his own: backup weapons in case he lost his hammer and sword. Satisfied by their quality, he said, “Tobduk, show these vile creatures their place!”
“Yes sir, Lord Artakha!”
Artakha drew his golden behemoths, then charged at the monstrous forms of the Half-Rahkshi.

“Speak for yourself. I don’t fight for free.”
— Glatorian Strakk, Sands of Bara Magna

Axonn grunted in pain, then staggered forward and threw his mighty axe at the hooded figure, driving it deep into the stranger’s chest. Mysteriously, the stranger healed himself, then stabbed his Turahk staff into the mighty warrior’s back.
Red fluids spilled onto the cliff of the Order’s secret location. The great warrior fell to the ground, his struggling body creating a huge smash in the rock surface.
Brutaka, angered, drew his greatswords out of his sheaths. The creature seemed merciless, and would most likely go for him next. He was right; the monster stabbed three Guurahk daggers into Axonn’s back, then walked towards him.
“Brutaka, Great Warrior, eh? More like Useless Bystander.”
The assassin then exclaimed, “Within 30 seconds, your friend here will disintegrate. He will not even be dust. Then my…friends-will take your lovely kingdom down.”
Brutaka, angered, said,” How about you get off of the cliff? I’d gladly push you right now.”
The creature stepped forward, Turahk staff fully created, “And be deemed a failure? Surely you know how much respect we assassins get in the Vahiran. I’d stay away if I were you.”
The monster threw his staff at the entrance, a large metal ball embedded in the side of a cliff wall. With the EyeScan program he had installed into his eye, like all other assassin Vahiran members, and as such, had analyzed the cliff entrance and found a weakness.
The cliff started shattering, and then a large portion of rock fell to the ground. The spherical doorway dislodged itself as the Turahk staff floated through, via command of the Half-Rahkshi’s mind-control programming.
Brutaka rushed onward to stop the vile monstrosity, and stabbed it in the neck. The creature screamed, then spasmed on the cliff floor violently.
Brutaka didn’t notice the Turahk staff flail violently, as it flew through the fortress and destroyed the entire inner area. He looked up to see it penetrate through the stone of the fortress entrance, and the cliff started to fall.
Brutaka immediately looked back to Axonn. His friend was on the edge of the cliff, struggling to wake up, the daggers forced into his body firmly. The assassin was still spasming, and suddenly went still.
The warrior jumped towards his friend to rip the daggers out.
And the cliff broke off and fell.

“If I am at peace, I can know Mata Nui’s Will. The Will is the greatest power you can master. To possess great Willpower is to be always aware.”
— Kantai, The Final Chronicle*

Helryx immediately turned back, senses primed for attack. Warily she turned around and saw a horde of hooded figures.
A prime figure, black and blue, walked forward, and, upon removing her hood, revealed a disfigured Volitak underneath. She began speaking in a raspy, nauseating, and screechy voice, enough to render the Order leader incapacitated.
“We are the Vahiran, half-children of the Makuta. We will destroy your fortress, and loot i-“
“Yeah, yeah, I know. You’re looting our safehold, killing everyone inside of the building, sending me to your fortress, then assassinating me in front of your leader. Haven’t you told me before, oh, Honored Warrior Niksrahn?”
Niksrahn, enraged, grabbed her Lerahk dagger-spear and tried stabbing Helryx in the leg, “My husband has already killed your two guards out front. Your entire order will be next, starting with that… infidel in the mechanics room and his… security
Helryx, understanding this information, held back anger and stopped the blow with her shield, “Oh, your husband, is it? I recall another black and blue assassin in the front, killed by a hefty-looking guard friend of mine. That was your dear Kiinraska, wasn’t it?”
Niksrahn pulled her spear up and tried stabbing her chest, almost succeeding, “I wouldn’t spite the great general of the Vahiran, now would I? It’s better not to. I fight better when angry!!”
“Oh, do you?” Helryx pulled her mace out, and threw it at the great warrior’s thigh armor, and the creature screeched, a metallic, painfully irritating sound.
“Gah! Foolish Helryx, you shall be destroyed!” Niksrahn snapped her Lerahk spearhead off of the top of her wooden staff, as easy as breaking lime-colored pieces on a child’s toy, and replaced it with a Pahrahk dagger. The malicious creature thrust her spear towards Helryx.
Helryx felt her chest explode, and saw that the spear had hit the right portion of her breast, damaging a lung. Gasping for air, she tried to pick up her mace and shield, but Niksrahn smashed her foot onto it, and dragged it out of her reach.
Immediately, the sides of her vision soon blurred out, turning black in an instant. Her breathing became lapsed, her systems shutting down, the spearhead punctured in her chest. Trying to stay conscious, she fell, the spear handle breaking off, her heartlight dimly glowing, and her perception blacking out. The last sight she comprehended before falling unconscious was the boot of Niksrahn smashing into her face.

“But destiny, for whatever reason, gave me this mask. There has to be a reason for that.”
— Nuparu

Tahu immediately left his manor, and set off for the Ta-Magma province. Within an hour, he had gotten to the border of the Fire Colony.
Ashes flew across the scenery, and an entire fire village sector had been destroyed. Tahu walked toward the great mask forge, named Vakama’s Smithhouse, and entered the building.
The place had a marvelous interior; the ceiling was plated with gold, the floor seemingly clear glass. Half of the room was shining grey Protosteel; melded into the surrounding rust-red interior, the wall where the two colors merged appeared to be a dull dark red. The top of the forge’s exterior was shaped like an anvil, with a giant hammer and kanohi Hau on the side of the equipment. On the side of the Anvil-shaped building was an enormous bucket of water.
As Tahu walked onward, he felt some presence behind him, like some creature stalking him as he strolled.
Suddenly, he slipped and fell, a net plummeting over him. Unsheathing his Firesword, he thrust it at the net and tore it apart.
The net fell to pieces, and a tall figure walked in, no subtle movement defined in his posture. Tahu could see the faint horn-like curves of an Arthron, and small tubes protruding out of his mouthpiece.
The stranger emerged, and Tahu knew the intruder within one second.
Jaller threw back his head and chuckled humorously, then helped Tahu up to his feet. “Tahu!” he exclaimed, embracing his patron, “Nice to see yah! How’s life and such?”
“Fine.” muttered the governing representative of the Spherus Magnan Government. “I’ve reconnected our relations to the Skakdi on Zakaz-Nui, and stopped the production of excess protodermis in the Onu-Magnan mines. Fortunately, we’ve discovered a different mineral of rare existence in our mines, but politics are boring, ya know. Anyhow, what’s up with the trap ya set up? Some kind of nostalgic value or something?
“Yep!” Jaller exclaimed enthusiastically. “Remember our first meet? The trap itself was what inspired me to mimic the beginning encounter, with the exact same traps!” Jaller’s eyes suddenly shifted from the normal green to a shade of a poisonous-seeming red. “Besides, it’s a great way to welcome you back to Ta-Magna!”
Tahu immediately felt wary. If this was really Jaller, he thought, he wouldn’t be so enthusiastic towards any guests. If anything, he’d be more leaderlike and cautious towards any guests.
Then, with more caution in his movement, Tahu got up and, warily, confronted Jaller. “You’re not Jaller! You’re just a fraud!”
Jaller, a more icy tone in his voice, scowled and spoke, a rasping screech rising in his vocal enunciation. “Of course I’m Jaller! What did you expect, some Rahi to appear out of the blue and talk informally with you? C’mon, you can’t be so dull!”
Tahu, brandishing his Sword and unslinging his shield, responded, “You’d be too stupid to think I’d actually fall for that cover-up, Jaller. I knew you were trying to hide something from the enthusiastic, out of character tone you used.”
“You suspected, eh? Well, your suspicion was correct! Fight me!”
Tahu approached the possessed Toa of Fire, and sliced downward with his sword. As he attempted, multiple creatures approached from the dark.
Each monstrosity had its own unique slime pattern, but all of them had the same appearance. The villainous half-Rahkshi had Muaka-skins covering and decorating their Armor, which looked similar to the armor of Toa Nuva. Colored slime coated the creatures’s armory, and all of the horrific atrocities had the same armory.
Tahu picked up his Flame Sword and ran forth.

“We … we stand in as close to the mind of Mata Nui as it is possible to be. If we destroy this place, we destroy that mind, and doom the universe.”
— Brutaka, Dwellers In Darkness

“Ya got the other side there?”
Artakha tossed aside multiple half-Rahkshi bodies and sliced his way through the field of corpses and blood. “Yep! I’ve killed at least 200 uglies at this point! The sword’s going dull, though!”
“Okay! I’ll throw you another sword soon!” Tobduk flew in to kill another slew of creatures, and loaded the cannon with another spear. Initiating the fire function, the projectile burst forward and slaughtered 20 Vahiran members.
Suddenly, Artakha heard a screech from the Command center, namely Helryx’s. Turning, he saw Vahiran soldiers trying to guard the exit from the workplace.
Artakha walked forth, his sword in a more defensive mode, and stabbed the guards. The general of the Vahiran, upon seeing this, ran forth, and grabbed hold of Artakha.
The general pulled out his sword, a slimy mess of goop and metal, with a snake-like design on the hilt, and a bird’s skull on the pommel. “How pitiful it may be, to be publicly beheaded by the general Anskahis. How pitiful indeed.” the general purred.
Artakha, using his foot, angled it back and kicked the general square in the chest, “Well,” He said, as he killed another guard with his sword, “this is why I have myself a sword.” as he stabbed the General in the chest with a broadsword, then turned and ran across the hallway to the Control tower, and activated the Command center passcode.
“Name, please.”
“Artakha, of the Order of Spherus Magna.” Artakha huffed the words, and pulled off his Kanohi, grabbing the temporary replacement. He knew the normal protocol.
“Please take off your mask and place it in the slot, while you but on the replacement Kanohi.”
Artakha had designated the replacement as Karzahni’s original Olisi, its power removed, as not to harm any wearers. He needed a way to remember the past, and used the mask as an opportunity.
“Scan complete. Please replace the mask on the pedestal.”
Artakha immediately put the mask onto the stand, and ran forthaonce the doors opened enough for him to fit through.
Scanning the view of the control tower, he made sure he had the mask of Elemental energy,a Kiril, and a quick-healing lvl. 6 in hand, from Miserix, and ran forward to see one of the most horrendous sights he could imagine.

There, on the floor, was a bleeding Helryx, almost still, but appearing to be breathing.
Right beside her was a Vahiran general, Niksrana, if memory served, kicking her this way and that.
Artakha ran forth, adrenaline surging, and charged at Niksrana

“I do my duty, and I do it the best I can. That doesn’t mean I have to enjoy it.”
— Glatorian Perditus to Ackar, Mata Nui’s Guide to Bara Magna

Brutaka fell down the cliff, an inevitable fate awaiting him. He looked downward, and knew he’d fall to destiny’s choice.
If this truly is my destiny, he thought, I don’t know what purpose it has. After all, whose destiny would be to die from a fall? There would be no achievement earned to benefit the planet.
Grabbing his BroadSword, he swung it at the cliff side, and attempted to hold on, managing his grip, and holding Axonn’s body at the same time. Looking down, he saw the remains of the cliff rock, along with the Vahiran assassin, take impact to the ground and explode.
A dismembered arm flew from the impact, and knocked Brutaka and Axonn out of balance, sending them both at a rocky surface, a platform large enough to hold toe two of them. As Brutaka managed to heave Axonn and himself onto the cliff face, he noticed Axonn slightly awake, barely conscious.
“Axonn? You still in there, buddy?”
Axonn gasped an aching breath, “Ye…s. I’m… bare…l…y … ali…ve. Please…, care for my… duties… back.”
Brutaka, attempting to smile, fought back tears in his eyes, “S-sure, b-b-broth-th-ther. I-I sh-sh-shal-lll.”
Axonn gave one last sigh of relief, and stopped breathing. His heartlight, penetrated by a dagger, dimmed down, then abruptly stopped entirely.
Brutaka pulled off Axonn’s Mask, put it gently into his pouch, and climbed up the cliff edge.
End of Chapter 2

@Overlord_Ehryt8o, @Overlord_Kapura, @Marendex_T17, @Middlefingerstudios, @Helryx08, @Ekorak, @TFM101, @Charyas, @Poetical_Slinky, and @Takua .

3 Likes

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

3 Likes

Shnap. Dat ending tho.
Good job on this, perhaps shorten your installments a bit? My eyes couldn’t handle the strain, but it is very good, so I looked past it.

2 Likes

Sure!

1 Like

You w0t m8.
I can probably handle it honestly.

1 Like

not even going to read the rest until you fix this disgusting mistake you filthy pleb

2 Likes

*Fixed.

Most excellent, as usual, but there is one thing that I take issue with.

It’s a common misconception, to be sure, but Kirils don’t fix organic damage.

You’ve made it clear that Helryx is very messed up (what with the fact that she’s lying in a pool of her own blood and all). The Mask of Elemental Energy would recharge her for sure, but all the Kiril would do is fix the damage to her inorganic components (skeleton, armor, CPU, etc.) not her organs or muscles.

It’d be better to find a Quick-Healing Kraata (and last I checked, Miserix is still alive and well, so that’s not out of the question) and use the Kiril with the Kraata (it heals all of her organic components while the Kiril regenerates her armor and such) to fix her up.

1 Like

Well, we don’t know the name of the mask of healing, and I didn’t want to drop down something random, but the quick-healing Kraata seems nice. Let me add it in the story, 'kay?

1 Like

http://i.imgur.com/w3MJzGO.gif
Really liking this story so far. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Could you leave your critique after finishing both chapter 1 and 2?

dayum, that was pretty good

1 Like

Now for my actual critique:almost spelt ctirique

The death of Axonn was well laid out, and the dimming of the heart light really hit it home.
However, Arthaka’s massacre seemed out of place a bit, as he is “The Creator”. He even called people who were fighting “buffoons”. I think. But you get my point.

Go on G+

2 Likes

Uh, so folks, I’m getting to the ideas, and currently, while balancing 4-5 or 6 projects out on my hands.

As such, you’ll have to wait until I get the chance to write this 4th chapter.

However, I know the good @Tarvaxx needs a life outside of Bonkle G2 topics, and as such, will be inviting him here.

1 Like

Will I finish this? Probably not.

Maybe it’s because of IRL and finals, but whatever.