The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna

More truths about this version of Metru Nui.

Feedback is appreciated!

9 Likes

Man. Two uploads in a day? You’re spoiling us.

I meant to upload the other two pages yesterday, but the site wasn’t letting anything go up.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Very nice work on that disk.

“We also ran into an army of giant spiders, yeah that was a thing, it got weird.”

New favorite quote

4 Likes

It’s a running gag stemming from this earlier scene, when the Turaga were still deciding how much to tell the Toa. There are some bits they’d rather keep to themselves. XD

7 Likes

Takua character model sketches for anyone who wants a reference.

7 Likes

Really enjoying the ambience of these last few pages.

We’re coming up to another break that’ll last a few weeks.

Feedback is appreciated.

8 Likes

I never noticed before, but I like how the turaga look like a shrunken form of their toa selves.

2 Likes

Yes, Pewku hugs people with her eye-stalks.

Where could they be going?

8 Likes

Three finger island!

I’ve also now got that little, “ding dong, ding dong” from the boat scenes in MNOG stuck in my head now. Thanks.

1 Like

Three finger island is my guess too, though I’m honestly more curious as to who Jaller is talking about. unless it’s something that’s been made clear before and I forgot. My first guess would be Hahli… and looking back to the meeting scene you noted that Hahli was conspicuously absent. I guess she’s been captured by Makuta?

You’re both right, and you’re right about both of those things!

2 Likes

I am gonna be soooooo bummed if people don’t have anything to stay about these pages.

8 Likes

well things escalated quickly

Seeing those air bladders from MNOG 2 just makes me laugh, for some reason.

That panel of the Great Temple is just gorgeous, though. I’m just stumped on why it would be there - and what purpose it would serve in defeating Makuta. Time shall tell, I guess.

2 Likes

well it’s basically taking place of the cave that would have been there, since the turaga had an underground/underwater cave with a lot of things written down.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. In my head I had convinced myself that their goal was something else.

1 Like

I think it may be my favorite panel so far.

1 Like