The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna

Thank you. Yeah, I used to rely on contrast and hyper-saturated colors waaaaaay too much. I wanted so badly for my images to “pop,” they became florescent. Working on Planet Ripple 4 and 5, and even “Beast Wars Future” gave me more experience with mid tones, and that’s made all the difference.

2 Likes

I’m stoked to see your story direction for the other toa, especially Pohatu, as he’s my fav lol.

1 Like

I’ve always liked the early stone toa in G1. Though mainly because of their color scheme.

1 Like

He gets a moment in today’s pages, as do they all.

Eeyyyyy, look who it is.

Let’s be real, he was hiding in the bushes waiting for the right moment to show up.

Also yes, Tahu’s shield just made this sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twPopPwtQJU

8 Likes

Pohatu: Thanks Frosty!

Kopaka: You not very welcome. go away.

1 Like

Feedback is appreciated.

6 Likes

perhaps a little bit of visible wear and tear on Tahu would help with Kopaka’s conclusion. maybe like a fie seam-line on Tahu’s mask or something. Just an idea.

1 Like

You may recall Tahu’s mask was broken in two and Vakama repaired it. The fact that the seam isn’t visible to anyone except the guy wearing a mask of X-ray vision is a testament to Vakama’s skill.

2 Likes

Did you just turn Lewa into a rocker?

Kinda? I could also see metal just being part of their vocabulary even if they don’t have metal music.

fair enough.

Loooootta familiar faces showing up today. Basically the rest of the cast. How many do you recognize?

9 Likes

it’s been a while since I’ve played MNOG, but I recognize Jaller, Matoro, Hewkii, Macku, and is that Nuparu? I feel like Hahli is also in there somewhere.

Nixie is there, but Hahli is curiously absent from this scene.

2 Likes

Now I have this wonderful image of Kotu as a Surfer chick.

and please add Hafu and Taipu soon, I think some good comedy can come from that.

1 Like

I modeled Kotu’s mouth to look like a parrot fish.

Could you imagine this being an actual comic? Like a physical paperback? Those last two pages, side by side, are exactly how it would look, right down to odd pages being on the right and even ones on the left. Too bad that’d put me in jail.

Very much. You could print some out and give them away at conventions, as long as you don’t sell them.

2 Likes

Please do spread the word of this comic around if you can, guys! I think a lot of people who were reading before just don’t realize it’s finally back.

1 Like

I would do so gladly, if I had any other websites to spread it on. I guess I can try BS01.

tbh lately I think you’re going overboard with the meta humor and, for lack of a better word

modern talk

your art’s only gotten better, but it feels like a lot of characters almost sound the same.

Especially when characters like Kopaka of all people say things like “You don’t look so hot” and talk in parentheticals.

Takua and Tahu have a solid, and new, dynamic, but everyone else feels a bit muddled.