The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna

Got your crab, got your stick, got your knapsack, you’re ready to go.

7 Likes

You hurt my crab, and your gonna get it son!

Anyway, I really like how you drew Pewku. Pewku is an underused character.

1 Like

Basically went with a smaller version of the movie design, with classic blue and yellow.

1 Like

You take your eyes off them for one minute…

6 Likes

Tahu needed some alone time.

Aaaand that’s page 52.

When I started this project in 2017, we only made it to page 24 (more like 25, considering the first page is double-length). In less than two weeks, the comic has doubled the length it’s been stuck at for two years, and the characters are just now setting out to complete their task. We got a ton of exposition and all the major character introductions out of the way, so I’d say we’re making pretty good progress these days.

That said…

I need another break.

JK, jk. I’m not gonna drop this comic for another two years. This’ll just be a few days, as I script, record and edit episode 33 of Lego Rewind. This one will focus on Fabuland and Chima, so that should be fun. After that, I’ll return with more pages.

For the moment… what y’all think of the comic so far? Besides there being too many gags, I suppose.

7 Likes

I was kinda wondering, it takes a lot of time to make things like this, and I’m sure you have a life. Thanks for putting it out as much as you did. There’s also no such thing as too many gags. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Again, I’ll be back with the next chapter in a few days.

I’ve been following this topic from afar for the past few days, but haven’t been able to sit down and read the comic because the default desktop browser view is too small. Do you have a recommended way of viewing these comics digitally? Do you by chance have a PDF compilation of all the pages so far that we could browse more leisurely?

The sheer volume of art you’ve been pumping out this past few days is to be commended. It’s so great to see other people working to keep the BIONICLE story alive in some form.

And that’s great. I’m just saying don’t be afraid to take as long as you want, no one can stop you, and I personally, won’t complain or get upset.

1 Like

Well… there’s my DA gallery. NickOnPlanetRipple User Profile | DeviantArt

If you don’t want to go that far, I think you can still right-click the images here to make them larger, in their own tab maybe?

1 Like

That’s great man.

Out of curiosity, did you intentionally draw Takua to be proportioned like a school-age child in a snowsuit with a backpack?

Cuz I love it :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s just how I draw Matoran. XD

But yes, he does have a knapsack. Gotta carry thoss disks in somethin.

1 Like

Ooooh, very smart. Effective ways of carrying tools/weapons/supplies is a little world-building detail that I’ve been trying to incorporate into my own fanfics/retellings of LEGO themes. Many of my Toa MOCs have holsters for their Toa tools. In my Knights Kingdom II rewrite, I gave the hero quartet a packhorse for their journey to the Citadel of Orlan.

Of course, this type of world-building detail doesn’t usually make it into LEGO’s action-oriented themes, but I really like adding it. It helps the world feel more credible and alive, y’know what I mean?

I don’t have the time to sit down and read the whole comic right now (I like reading comics in one go, helps me get into the story more) but out of curiosity, did you make any big world changes (romance, aging, food, multiverses, etc.) for this retelling?

Well, the Toa actually do fall from space this time (2006 retconned that out). I don’t want to spoil anything, though I will say it starts out moooostly the same and by the end it’s going to be a completely different story. You think you know how it’s gonna go, but…no.

2 Likes

Hrm… TAHU IS MAKUTA!!! That’s why he’s so moody and dislike other people!!!

1 Like

Naaah.

Okay, i meant it as a joke, but now I’m certain! /s

@NickonAquaMagna

Hi. I’ve got a request. You may or may not have seen my Bionicle Keyforge cards,

And I was thinking of doing the Matoran next. I wanted to ask if I can use your versions of the characters for these cards, because BS01 pictures don’t really lend themselves well to cards. Also, I like your versions better than the official.

1 Like

Sure. Just let people know where you got the images from!

1 Like

Will do! Thanks man.