The Transformers

What the heck? Soundwave already showed up in RID, in his Prime from. (Portals is my favorite RID episode) How the heck are they going to make this work?

I don’t think they’d go that rout. Just seems a bit too dark for RID, though it would fit in with Prime.

1 Like

Well

The simple solution is saying that he just scanned a new vehicle. As Beast Hunters Prime has proven, a new vehicle does affect the robot mode.

2 Likes

Not quite. Prime got his new bot mode first, by using the forge of Solus Prime. He scanned the super beef truck after the fact. While scanning a new vehicle mode does effect the bot mode, it doesn’t do so to such a drastic degree.

3 Likes

Well, let’s look at it from this point of view:

Generation 1 Prime transformed into a truck, and as such had very boxy components. Ultra Magnus transformed into a bigger truck, and had even chunkier components to compensate. Bumblebee became a Bug, and was very small. The larger the vehicle, the chunkier the robot had to be to compensate.

This is shown in Prime, as well. Arcee was the smallest of the team, and transformed into the smallest vehicle, while Bulkhead had largest mass and had to transform to a much beefier vehicle. In robot mode, parts of the vehicle mode were visible, and this would change when a new bot got a new form. Optimus acquired different components in his robot mode once he became able to transform into what was effectively a semi cab from Mad Max. Even if he already had a large robot mode, his body had to adapt to a new vehicle.

Soundwave transformed in a somewhat Cybertronian military drone, which required a small amount of mass. If he scanned a truck, would he just be able to materialize mass out of nowhere, or would his body have to change to adapt the new size requirement for the mode?

3 Likes

I mean…they could just give Soundwave a new body, like just uploading him to a new form, or just build off of the old one.

Or he could just scan a new vehicle in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

While this is a pretty different universe, keep in mind that the Bayformers had protoforms despite already existing. Optimus crashed to Earth in a blank form despite already being Optimus. The vehicle is what affect his appearance, not who he was.

Well, You were wondering if he would just materialize the mass out of nowhere, my previous post was my answer.

From what I’m to understand, the Decepticons in RID are sort of war “leftovers?”

Would they have the resources to pull that off?

Well, Starscream got a much larger body…so…

But he also died so…

Uhm…

No…

I am pretty sure he lived. (I only watched a few clips of the last few RID seasons.)

2 Likes

He dies at the end of Rise of The Predacons remember?

Uhm…

He explains that he survived in RID. We only see the Predacons attack him in Predacon’s rising.

It was an implied death. Also, please don’t spoil me. I’m like three episodes behind because Kisscartoon won’t update.

im going to give my own opinion on Soundwave RID form but first, in RID, Starscream stated that he only reverted to an older body design, which is a refrence to his design in the War on Cybetron game:

i think its highly possible that Soundwave could have done the same, especialy given how his new form is fairly similar to his War on Cybetron appearance:

though, the only problem is that he is currently trapped in the shadowzone dimension.

4 Likes

Alright. So I understand that Starscreem is based on his FOC appearance, and could be a separate character from the TFP Screemer, seeing as he died at the end of Predicons Rising. Pretty much the same thing that they did with Grimlock. But I don’t think that they can do that with Soundwave, seeing as he’s already made an appearance in the best RID episode ever, and it would probably get way too confusing for the little ones. But if he starts talking, I’m just going to throw logic and reason out the window, and enjoy the show.

uh, i did not say that RID screamer is a separate character from TFP screamer.

by the way, have you tried to search for the episodes on the internet? i have manadge to see all of the episodes from the starscream storyline.

I know. That’s what I’m saying.

I use Kisscartoon for just about everything. They’re three episodes behind. I’ll just have to wait.

I mean

this is sorta a topic

For discussion about anything Transformers

TBH I wouldn’t read this place if I was worried about spoilers.

1 Like

Well I’m mostly caught up. I’m just behind three episodes. Literally everything else is fine.