The Transformers

So, Hasbro announce a Titans return star saber yet?
I mean if they’re ever making another, now’s the time.

Though speaking of Titans return, am I alone in thinking that this is the best line we’ve gotten in years? The characters we’re getting, the designs, the transformations, headmasters, it’s just such a solid line.

3 Likes

I’d have to agree, save for maybe the regular generations line.

As far as I’m concerned, this line would be perfect with better QC.

2 Likes

I guess I’ve gotten lucky, qc’s been fine for me.

Which is surprising, considering my previous track record with qc problems, like how my foc grimlock has part of the plastic in his foot missing, and how I got a starscream with only half his head painted, I have a full understanding of Hasbro’s qc levels.

1 Like

I’ve heard of them, mostly. Only one I’ve experienced is a slight molding error in the peg that holds on Sentinel’s tailfins. One of them isn’t long enough, so it can pop out easily if you apply too much pressure.

Also, let us all agree that Combiner Wars was downright sad compared to this. We’ve only gotten a few remolds and repaints so far, and most of them have been RIDICULOUSLY redone, to the point that you couldn’t even tell they were the same toy even after playing with it.

I can speak from experience after getting Powermaster Prime. While I missed out on getting Ultra Magnus, this figure just feels different in every way. Looking at comparison photos, I can barely tell if there are any shared molds.

…Oh, and I highly recommend Powermaster Prime, btw, though the base mode is a bit of a letdown.

2 Likes

Well I liked Combiner Wars. Though I only ever got the Protectabots, Blackjak, and Ultra Magnus, I really liked it. Rook was amazing. I have Skullsmasher, Hardhead, and Rewind coming in today, and Clobber comping in tomorrow, so I’ll be able to make a comparison pretty soon.

The Transformations were incredibly underwhelming for figures of a Deluxe pricepoint, and there were only like a dozen different figures by the end of it. Most of the figures were just basic remolds of each other.

1 Like

Due to the entire concept of combiner wars, I feel they did the best they could. The leaders were pretty complex, due to the fact that they didn’t combine with anything.

Exactly, I don’t think the best figures should be the ones that have nothing to do with the gimmick of the line. They should focus on good combiners first, other characters people demand second.

2 Likes

I don’t know. As far as good combiners, Superion and Unite Warriors Computron where amazing. Also, like I said, Rook was an amazing figure. So was Hotspot/Onslot.

Given the fact that many dozens of figures were released under Combiner Wars, there shouldn’t be that few very solid molds.

Well that’s just from my opinion and experience. Like I said, I only got the Protetabots. Dragstrip, the aerialbots, and Prime all look amazing.

EDIT:
Alright, so after looking at some of the images for Titans Return Trypticon, particularly this one,

This dude is going to be HUGE! Like bigger than Fortmax or Metroplex huge!

4 Likes

Grrrrrrrr.

Why Trypticon? Why not Scorponok?

And how come Fort Max can’t stay the largest?

2 Likes

Considering how many 3rd party toys I’ve seen for Scorponok, it’s understandable. Trypticon doesn’t have many affordable toys that aren’t based on the G1 toy.

also big purple dinosaur

1 Like

Because the fans voted for it a while back.

1 Like

Finally decided to get a UW set so I can have some memory of Combiner Wars. Computron is so beautiful though I think I might have to get another one. Nosecone and Strafe easily make the set worth it.

TR hasn’t really caught my fancy yet but I did get Crashbash a while ago. He’s a fun little guy. I’m mostly waiting on the later waves which will have a lot more desirable characters.

Well that’s just speculation. Trypticon has yet to be released. For all we know, physically bigger, but still shorter.

Frankly, anything based on the Metroplex mold is doomed to feel light and cheap, in that regard.

I personally prefer the old Fort Max (given my experience with the Encore) over the new one. Sure, the new one has more articulation, but that’s useless given the size. The alternate modes overall look better, and the toy just has more playability than the new one.

The older toy was just more massive, and the new toy lacks that. It’s full of hollow space, and they better not doom Trypticon to the same thing. Something large but without weight isn’t large. It’s small, it’s like a bubble. Large surface area, little volume.

2 Likes

Well due to all the financial hubub that Hasbro is going through, I wouldn’t hold your breath. Though I do hope it turns out well.

It’s naturally going to have heft, if the image you posted isn’t fabricated.

Unless if that’s a fake image, this guy’s gonna be heavy. He’s got a ton of panels, which while light on their own, will add up. If this guy looks good, is large, and has play features appropriate for what’s effectively a Decepticon fortress, I’d be willing to pay a pretty penny for him.

This is very off topic, but does anyone here have experience with the Mastermind Creations Azalea (IDW Arcee)? She’s $60 on the aftermarket, and looks like a decent figure. I’ve no experience with 3rd party toys, so I was wondering what anyone else thought.