The Transformers

But its Fort Max, and Fort Max sucks.

But grand maximus is amazing

1 Like

But TR Fort Max really sucks. Like a lot.

tried more than rid

2 Likes

Honestly I really like RiD. I can see why other people don’t, but its really not that bad.

at one Youtube video, i saw many who talked about RiD as if it was THE worse Transformers cartoon ever. Even worse that Energon.

I really could not understand why they had THAT much dislike for the show.

2 Likes

Nothing is worse than Energon. Nothing.

Not even

No other show is worse than Energon!

what about Combiner Wars…

Combiner Wars bad, but it wasn’t even close to Energon bad.

ah darn it, the Transformers: Titans Return cartoon will premiere on my birthday.

1 Like

Who knows. Maybe this one will be better. Even if it isn’t, Geewun Redone will make it better.

2 Likes

To me, Robots in Disguise 2015 is worse than bad, it’s mediocre. Transformers: Prime is one of the best Transformers shows of all time, and for it to be followed up by a monster-of-the-week-everyone-learns-a-lesson show is sad. That type of show isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Animated was like that early on, but it did it really well. The two things that plague RiD 2015 consistently is not giving enough time to the overall season long story, and lack of character development.

Season 3 seems to be better with it’s combiner theme, but I haven’t seen all of Season 3 yet, so for all I know it could fall flat on it’s face in the end. Season 1 had a basic plot, but it worked for the most part, and the biggest problem it had was the character development, or lack thereof. Season 2 is weird because it seems like it had two or three different story-arcs going with the Decepticon Island and Starscream’s minicons, which left it feeling confused. Wikipedia doesn’t even list those arcs as being in the same season.

But everything falls apart with the character development. I feel like we’ve seen Strongarm get mad at Sideswipe because he was too brash and learn his lesson, only for the same thing to happen three or four episodes later. Same with Drift and his minicons (which are the best aspect of the show IMO). It seems like he learns the same lesson of ‘trust your students more’ every few episodes. It’s all very dull and repetitive, and what makes it worse is that it feels like it continuously sidelines the more interesting plot of the supposedly corrupt Cybertron ruling counsel that’s been referenced like three times. Hopefully Season 3 can finish strong, but I have my doubts.

2 Likes

That’s the problem I have with why so many people hate RiD. Prime was amazing. No one can disagree on that. Honestly, I feel like asking for Hasbro to follow it up with something just as good, or even better, is a lot to ask for. Of course RiD isn’t as good as Prime, but no one really should expect it to be.

I just don’t like RiD because the toys suck.

1 Like

Now that I can agree on.

we have noses again
rejoice
oh also optimus looks like an 80’s robo dad

2 Likes

Sure, but the dip in quality between shows is substantial. Star Wars Rebels isn’t as good as The Clone Wars, but is still a good show. It does a lot of stuff right. RiD 2015 hardly does anything right, it’s just not that great a show. It not being as good as Prime has nothing to do with me not liking it, and I’ll agree that people shouldn’t dislike it for that reason alone. If RiD had come out in a world where Prime didn’t exist, I bet it would still get a lot of hate. Maybe not as much as it does get, since there wouldn’t have been a previous show to compare it to, but it’s still got a lot of flaws.

And that’s not to say Prime was perfect either. The majority of the series was “there’s an old Cybertronian relic on Earth. Let’s get it before the other guys do!”. It was the characters and how they progressed (on top of the darker themes and action) that made that show so great. RiD had the chance to do something similar but in a more kid friendly way, but has tripped over itself time and time again.

I haven’t seen all of Rescue Bots, but from what I’ve seen, it actually does seem like it’s been doing a better job than RiD in the story/character department. They aged up Cody for pete’s sake. That’s smart, and not something I thought a ‘pre-school aged’ kids show would do.

I only have two RiD figures, but I love Fracture. He’s a pretty great figure.

1 Like

That’s where you dip into opinions. I for one really like RiD, and feel it does a lot right.

That’s pretty much the whole of Rescue Bots in a nutshell.