The Transformers

Its not the shaping that I take issue with. Its the colors. That’s the one thing that I’ve only seen one company try to replicate. Nearly everyone goes for the layered gold and translucent plastic or chrome gold, instead of the bright yellow of the show, which is really confusing seeing as the entire purpose of MP style figures is to be as close to 100% accurate to the show as possible, and honestly I really like the color layout of the cartoon dinobots. It gives them a lot more character than layered tech detail or chrome gold, and its a shame that no one every tries to recreate it.

now see, that started post-mp10

grimmy was mp-08

as for why everyone does the tech detail, well, it’s how most people remember grimlock- through the toy.

that, and the toy is far more interesting to most.

What about 3p MP dinobot teams, like Fanstoys’, which came out well after MP 10? I get companies that are just making dinobots for the sake of making their own version of dinobots, and using gold/tech detail, but not when they’re making MP style figures.

Fair enough. Personally I prefer the cartoon designs over the toy designs, though that probably has something to do with the fact that I grew up on Beast Wars and the 86 movie, and I did’t know what the G1 toys looked like for years.

this- most people find the toys to be more interesting

that, and how many 3p companies have done g1-accurate mp figures without having their own spin on the design?

At least three. Also, I get selling figures that are more appealing, but the part where that confuses me is where they do this, even when it completely goes against the Master Piece mission statement. Its not a huge problem to me, but it just confuses me. Lots of people like the cartoon designs over the toy designs, just like any other G1 character, so I just don’t get why next to no one’s tried to recreate the G1 cartoon look.

5 Likes

I like it, but is it just me, or is his head too big? I’m probably alone in this

I think that’s just the movie design.

I don’t know, his head is big, but the toy’s looks bigger

1 Like

it seems pretty ok to me

i think the head’s proportionally a tad big, but mmmmmmmmm that thing czechs all the right boxes

1 Like

I love movie Ironhide. He’s one of my favorite designs out of the whole movie series. But something about this seems off. I can’t quite place it, but something doesn’t seem right, and I don’t like it. But who knows, maybe this is like MP Hot Rodimus where it looks bad in photos but is better in person.

So here’s a question, who do you guys prefer:

• King Poseidon
  • Piranacon

0 voters

But they’re the exact same guy. They’re not even colored differently.

Same toy, completely different characters

One is six fish guys glued together and the other one is essentially a power core combiner with a target master.

See? Not the exact same guy.

if you squint hard enough

2 Likes

Barely. Like I said, visually they’re identical. The biggest, and possibly only difference, is that one of them is guys people put together, and the other one is just one dude with a frag ton of fish drones.

The characters are completely different, with the only similarity being there appearance