The Vex

Another @MaxinePrimal request for the Cybertron Reborn RP, this time for and upcoming arc. These are the Vex, the hosts of the Tournament of Terror. I don’t like drawing biologically humanoid aliens, so in order to get around this, I decided to make them being of pure energy who inhabit suits designed to interact with their environment. To the right is the standard Vex, while to the left is a more regal Vex. Coming in the future, I will have a guard type, and also the Queen, so be prepared for that.

27 Likes

Yet again, absolutely outstanding work.

1 Like

Very cool, looks almost knightly. A little lanky, but the overall skinny look kind of mitigates that.

2 Likes

Thought you meant these guys. Mild disappointment

Still great work though.

4 Likes

That’s actually something I was going for. I really like lanky aliens. Anyways, thanks!

1 Like

hmmm… looks like that robot from the new lost in space!

good job, loving the one with the scarf thing.

3 Likes

That was actually part of the inspiration.

2 Likes

Wait, that’s what that was from?

Did I not mention that? Huh.

oh, cool! I guessed right for once… :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah… it was they head/eye that tipped me off.

no, you didn’t… ah well no harm done.

Well not here obviously. I was referring to something else.

oh, sorry. my bad.

anyways…
what are the vex like? scholars? warriors? havoc-wreacking warlords?

To an extent, all of the above. The species as a whole exist on a great number of different colony worlds, with one home world. The Vex to the left, the one with the robes and jewelry, is a Regal. Each colony is ruled by a Regal, and each Regal rules their world differently.

huh. that’s cool…

1 Like

Thanks.

Very long.

1 Like

Longthy boys

1 Like

I see you’re back at it again with a long boy

Overall I really enjoy your art as always and it’s been nice to see you develop. Only problem is… Why is his hand so far up on that staff spear?

1 Like

Awwww! Thank you![quote=“LTVmocs, post:18, topic:45688”]
Why is his hand so far up on that staff spear?
[/quote]

Because I honeslty haven’t learned how to do it any other way

1 Like

As demoed with this stock photo, if you’re leaning on the staff for support around, your hand should be around 1/3 down the staff

Not exactly best representation but it’s the best I found with stock photos

1 Like