The "Which sets should I get?" topic

I want to get one of the new batman sets, but I’m not sure which one to get… I want to stay below $50. I really like Joker’s Lowrider tho

Anyone have suggestions?

Should I get Kopaka and Melum or Ekimu from 2016 or the 2015 Ekimu? I only can spend $30.25 and I don’t know who to buy a couple of key factors that is making this hard for me to decide is that I don’t have any Ekimu sets which I don’t have his mask that as well as I like the way Ekimu looks and with Kopaka and melum they have parts I can use to M.O.C make and I heard that Kopaka and Melum are good and or ok sets Lego made so what are your guys thoughts?

3 Likes

Ekimu 2016 is a stellar set, while Kopaka and Melum are a little lacking. If I were you, though, I would try to get Kopaka and Melum first, because they are getting harder to find, and they also have more parts to MOC with.

1 Like

So I only can spend $30.25 and I don’t know who to buy a couple of key factors that is making this hard for me to decide is that I don’t have any Ekimu sets which I don’t have his mask that as well as I like the way Ekimu looks and with Kopaka and melum they have parts I can use to M.O.C make and I heard that Kopaka and Melum are good and or ok sets Lego made so what are your guys thoughts?

If you don’t have any ekimu’s get the 2016 one.

1 Like

I’ve been saving up some money lately and have looked into buying one or a couple sets (or a set collection). I’m not trying to own all of G1 and G2, just trying to patch a few holes in my collection and buy more sets from years I have stronger preference for (2004, 2007, 2015, 2003, and 2008 being my top 5). After that, I’m pretty much satisfied with what I have. My real issue is what order I should get the following sets in.

• Skrall and Vorox
  • Rockoh T3 (I used to have the set complete, but a lot of the joints and the pieces have either broke or been misplaced. I found one for a decent price, but I can’t be certain it’s an absolute priority for me at the moment)
  • Mutran and Vican
  • Chirox, Vamprah, and Gorast
  • Lewa Phantoka and Tahu Mistika
  • Toa Ignika
  • Defilak and the Hydruka (To complete 2007)
  • 2003 Matoran
  • Bohrok Kal
  • Kurahk
  • Suukorak, Vohtarak, and Boggarak
  • Nuju Hordika
  • Vizuna, Izotor, and Kivoda
  • Kulta vs Ekimu and Skull Basher
4 Likes

For HF, get Rotor first. I have both those titans and Rotor is a lot more fun than mr Nebula, and looks a lot better in my opinion.

For Bionicle you should definitely pick up Roodaka, it’s crazy tall and looks just super sexy awesome.

1 Like

In your heart? Yeah, me too…

Chirox, Vamprah and Gorast are a neat trio for anyone into the 2008 villains aesthetic. The Toa are just spiffed up Inika builds, I wouldnt consider them.

Defilak n the Hydruka although small, are neat background accessories for any 2007 display.

The protectors are a neat n colourful addition to a 2015 collection as well

So I can only get 2 of the following:

Skull baser,

Skull Scorpio,

Master lewa
Or
Master pohatu.

Who should I choose?

1 Like

He’s a cool-lookin, well-rounded brute, but the function is a bit floppy. Still the best Skull boi.

Lewa is neat too, but i’m more of a Pohatu fan, because burnt orange and I like his stocky wastelander look.

2 Likes

Pohatu and Basher all the way in my opinion.

1 Like

Who again? That set was never released.

1 Like

I’d go with Basher and Pohatu

2 Likes

Re-ordered them in how I would prioritize them. Rockoh last since you can likely just Bricklink the remaining parts.

4 Likes

Which set is better if I want to own only one of the sets from this wave of Nexo Knights?

Lance vs Lighting or The Three Brothers?

I already have a Lance minifig and vehicle, so I prefer TTB for this reason. But at the same time the LvsL seems like a more complete set, having quite a balanced cast of good and bad guys.

3 Likes

I’d personally recommend TTB. The build of the vehicle is cool, and you get an Axl minifig to boot. Lots of cool parts too.

Others may disagree with me though.

2 Likes

While I very much like The Three Brothers, I must respectfully disagree with Slime.

When it comes to Minifigures and characters, Lance vs Lighting has Lance, a Gargoyle, a Grimroc (A very nice one, I might add), and two Gravellers. The Three Brothers has Axl, the two brother Minifigures, and two Gravellers.
Already owning a Lance is definitely a big drawback to the set. However, his robo-horse has got to be my favorite of all his vehicles.
I don’t really care for the Axl Minifigure as well (I would probably like him more if he could rotate his wrists), but others may be after him, and TTB is a nice, cheap set to get a version of him that isn’t yellow overload.

For the set builds themselves, you get more decent sized builds rather than one big thing, which is a big plus when it comes to play and display (not for space efficiency, however). LvL spreads its parts usage across multiple (quite well made) builds. However, TTB puts all of its parts into a big, and quite impressive, vehicle with a brilliant function. If you like structures, then LvL is the way to go; if you like vehicles, get TTB.

Overall, I think that Lance vs Lightning is a much better deal for your money, with the multiple figures, and a nice structure and vehicle- all at a cheaper price.
On the other hand, I can assure you that money spent on The Three Brothers is not money wasted.

3 Likes

I actually think Lewa Uniter Makes a good parts pack

@Political_Slime @OculusNuva thanks for showing me all pros and cons of both sets, you really helped me to see both the good and bad of each set.

I was originally going to go with Lance vs Lighting, however after seeing season 3 of the show I’m more inclined to get the Three Brothers, just for “story relevance”. I might get the LvsL set in the future though, as I really like it too.

2 Likes

Is this topic resctricted to Lego?