The Winter Legion Compendium Vol. 2 (RP Topic)

Leo dropped his shield as he turned to Grace. His arms had burns covering them.
“Are you okay?”

2 Likes

The Legion Fleet moves forward, a skeleton of what is once was. Timberwolves load on, rank and file moving with a purpose, the strange ship glides to the front of the formation, followed by Winter’s Flagship. Sails unfurl, oars dip into water, and the Legion starts southwards.

The Armada Fleet moves southward, out stripping the outmatched Legion Craft, Walker paces on the deck, “We’re swinging around, and up the west coast, we’re not going home” She looks at Gracten and the other Sunblessed, “Obviously I can’t hold you here”

“But you already have admiral, we’re under your command” (The Summer arc, is over, thank you for playing, I hope you had fun while it lasted)

1 Like

Sky stared up at Winter, absolutely stunned and speechless, smiling.

1 Like

(Winer isn’t there, it’s just his ship)
The Legion Fleet moves southward, one hundred ships moving in unison. Three days pass at sea, another landmass rears up in front of them, the fleet moves in. As they reach a cove opening the fleet angles in, as they do, they see a flurry of red banners, the Kingsfleet.

Heroically the fleet plunges into their midst. Calin exchange fire with the Scholary, Rams crash into each other, Legion ones split the Armada ones due to the blade on their prows.

Legion ships go down at an alarming rate, whittling down their numbers down quickly, despite this, the fleet pushes through. Suddenly shadow spreads from the lead ship, engulfing the entire Armada fleet, wails of agony raise from these ships as they are made to feel the pain the casters endure.

Uncontested, the Legion punch through the blockade, heading for a center island, one which had a keep resting on it. Ancient and solid, the keep was made of large quarried blocks of obsidian, it’s high black walls breathed heat. The Legion disembarks onto the shore, forms up, then charges up the hill, Liberators in front.

The Scholary raises their hands, and a shield envelops all the legionaires, covering them individually, armour tight. Hundreds of Calent begin bombarding them with fire, grace’s hat, which couldn’t be protected because it’s not made of Legion steel, is incinerated, as is anyne not wearing Legion armour, burned alive as pure waves of heat buffet the advancing army. Realizing very few weren’t wearing armour, the Calent gives up their effort, and runs.
(@squeaverking if you want you can bring Aries back in, I guess)

2 Likes

Catina smiled under her armor, very briefly. “Not this time.” She thought in her mind.

2 Likes

Skrimishers pour out of the Summer citidel, hundreds, and hundreds of them, they loose a blood curdling battle cry, and plunge in among the Liberators, delivering death to 1st platoon, near wiping them out before 2nd (Player Characters) could get there

2 Likes

Aries rowed her boat gently down the stream to see Catina. “You h*cking monster!” She shouted.

Sky hacks away at approaching Skirmishers with ease. “Just like Regal, just a little more punch.” Sky laughed to herself

2 Likes

Hundreds die as the Heavy companies move in, “Stnad back” they shout at her “The real soldiers got a job to do, not some nice comfortable vanguard gig”

1 Like

Sky, angrier, kills more of the skirmishers.

1 Like

Sky finds no more Skirmishers, the heavy wall had completely blocked the flow, “Go Liberator, Devas needs you elsewhere”

1 Like

Sky shrugged. “Fine… Purge in Lord Winter’s name, brothers of the Legion!” Sky said, before running off to find Devas.

1 Like

The captain looks at his heavies, “She’s addled in her mind, that made no sense, why would we purge?”

Devas stands on a hill overlooking the Assault

1 Like

“Devas, sir.” Sky said.

1 Like

“Oh it’s you. On a boat. A motherf…nevermind. Allow me make it easy to get to me. Just make sure you follow the thick ice!” Catina said as she used her ever increasing in strength Ice Magic to freeze the water around Aries boat. And she made the ice lead to the shore that Catina stood not too far away from.

1 Like

Aries sat in her boat, not moving

1 Like

Devas seems distracted, almost lost, “I-I, sorry Sargeant, Move your troops up behind that wing of Versatiles” He points to the group of soldiers prepping to charge the keep’s gate

Hundreds of Warships pass her, crunching through the ice, on their way to drop off their vital cargo, this relief fleet was carrying the proud Sealskin regiment

1 Like

Sky nodded in understanding. “It is okay, I feel the excitement of Lord Winter smiling upon us. Sure, there is pressure, but he is the fairest of them all.” Sky nodded, going to join the others

1 Like

“No, poor innocent, if Winter is watching, he’s looking on in sorrow” Devas sighs, draws his axe, and follows Sky “Captain William, I am taking command of this sortie”

1 Like

Leo was quiet as he sat next to Grace.

2 Likes