Things never load

like 50% of the time when i click on a topic/PM/category
it just kind of keeps loading forever and when i refresh the page it says it’s a network problem and i have to check my connection,even thought every other sites i go on work prefectly fine.

13 Likes

That’s happened to me a few times.
I just wait until the page loads (or just “x” out of the tab and go back to it again!)

but that’s the thing
it never loads

1 Like

This happens to me every single day on mobile

1 Like

This happens to me on a normal basis.

Typically it works fine if I exit out and try in a new tab.

Doesn’t happen to me often, sometimes I have to wait a bit, though.

It happens to me too, quite often in fact.

Funny thing is, this topic took a while to load. Heh

My computer had horrid connection too. Like, loses connection 2 a minute bad. Blame it on the wifi.

2 Likes

The servers are TRASH, if TTV is going to fund something; it better be stable connection.

2 Likes

It happens to me a lot, almost as much as the 502 error.

Same!! I have to reload like a thousand times. And I hafta have 5 bars of a secure WiFi connection.

1 Like

Alright everyone, right now we have a couple possible explanations for why the Boards have been so frustrating lately:

• G2’s ending seems to have led to an increase in new users and overall traffic on the Boards. Naturally, this has caused a strain on the servers and has resulted in slower response times.

• Mass PMs/group chats continue to bog the system down. The Boards software was never designed to support topics with thousands upon thousands of posts. These group PMs can really tax our infrastructure.

• Of course, the surge of activity due to G2’s cancellation has lead to an above-average number of image uploads. These images are what take up the largest amount of the Boards’ server storage and so the huge amount of them stored locally is naturally causing a problem.

We don’t currently have an easy fix for the server problems plaguing the Boards. That being said, there are several steps we can all take to alleviate the strain on the servers:

• Begin using alternative group messaging platforms (such as Discord). A migration to such services will help make the Boards run more smoothly and, white frankly, these platforms are in many ways vastly superior to the Boards PM system.

• Link to images hosted on other websites whenever you can. Instead of uploading pictures directly to the Boards’ servers, we recommend simply copy-pasting their source URL (the software will automatically embed the images in most cases). We fully understand that there will be numerous instances where such measures simply won’t be possible, but we encourage users to diminish their image uploading whenever possible.

That’s about it for now. We thank you all for your patience and support, and we’ll be sure to keep you informed about future developments. Happy Boarding!

9 Likes

Yeah, it is understandable, and will likely die down in a month or so.