Things You Dislike About the Board/Site

Continuing the discussion from Things You Dislike About the Channel:

We figured we should have a general discussion topic about stuff you dislike about both the board and the site, because we try out best to take criticisms into account.

4 Likes

I can’t find many things I dislike (other than the downtimes). I can only think of one thing off the top of my head, and that’s the like limit.

5 Likes

Like Limit.

My worst enemy.

11 Likes

I honestly do not like how we cannot delete own posts and comments. I do not know why that is, but if I could get a clarification that would be much obliged.

1 Like

I have a hard time complaining, if only because most everything wrong has a justified and understandable reason that isn’t TTV’s fault, usually

If I had to say one thing, though, it’d be that like Kahi admitted, you guys don’t have al the policies 100% Figured out, it seems.

Hardly a complaint though. More of a “Get on that, guys.” sorta deal.>.>

6 Likes

I recently upped that limit. Do you still get it?

I honestly don’t think that’s a feature for our forum. I can go double check, though.

We are playing everything by ear, to be fair. We haven’t done this before, and we’re wanting to make sure we have a reason to make rules before we make them.

5 Likes

Fair enough. That’s a pretty reasonable way to do things, IMO. Makes sure that no one can really get on your case for being like, too strict or anything, and yeah, I’m okay with that. Keep on doing things, TTV.

3 Likes

…

I just hit it.

:c I’m sorry.

1 Like

160 likes in one day. Huh. Do most of you guys hit this limit?

(I’m doubling again to 300, for the record)

7 Likes

I never have reached the like limit, but I’m sure others have.

2 Likes

Are you liking every post to hit the limit?.. I got some stuff for you to like if that’s the case ;D

7 Likes

Sometimes I like 10 things because I just run out of things to like.

Sometimes I like things so I can reach a milestone (Example, I’m close to 2000)

Most times it’s because I just…enjoy? Like? the post. If it’s funny, it’s great or wut

7 Likes

See I don’t know about this. I can see where you’d be coming from but at the same time I don’t want to promote people using the boards for something they are not.

This place is meant to be for discussion, if you were just going to post something then delete it right away then it shouldn’t have been posted in the first place.

I’d rather not have people start creating topics and making posts just to get a simple question answered and not allow further opinions or responses to be made after, that’s just not how the system should work IMO.

Now, I could see your case if for instance you made a post and then realized it was a bad idea to post it after the fact, but if that’s the case all you have to do is edit it saying that you’ve changed your mind, then flag it and we can delete it for you.

(Plus then there’s the whole thing where what if you deleted your post but it leaves all the responses to it still visible. The topic just becomes a mess of confusion at that point. And if we gave you the ability to delete your post AND the responses to it we’d be giving users too much power and control over someone else’s free speech)

6 Likes

I would like to see a friends list like on Facebook, or at least a contacts list.

5 Likes

This is a pretty cool idea or maybe something like a private favorites list?

(Everyone places the TTVcast members as their favorites )

4 Likes

CAN’T… FAVORITE… FAST ENOUGH! LoLz.

5 Likes

Wow! I was not expecting an answer like that. It makes sense and that I know I’m able to understand. I was just a question I was itching to get answered because I thought it was weird. Thanks for the thought out post.

~awesomenessborn

2 Likes

Oh wow, that’s considerably more than the last time I hit the limit. I’m gonna be slightly more liberal with my likes now.

1 Like

That’s something I would like also. But considering how relatively small this site is, its not really necessary.

1 Like

I also do not like that there’s a lack of CATS RIDING SNOWMOBILES! Guh!

3 Likes