Things You Dislike About the Board/Site

Mobile is an on-going project headed mostly by our board software’s development team. It’s harder to use, and I completely acknowledge that. We wait on them to work out the kinks and then css things around to make it more of our site, but there’s only so much we can do.

3 Likes

That’s great to hear. I’ll admit that my original statement was a little harsh. The site isn’t “terrible” on mobile, just “difficult”.

1 Like

I honestly feel that comments from staff members appear to be vague or contradictory at times. Though this is not all the times, just a lot recently. I’ve had to enquire with moderators or admins afterwards several times simply to gain some heads-up on which rules are not being followed and sometimes even they are unsure.

I feel clearer comments from staff may be beneficial as i have been on these boards for close to 2 years now and I’m trying to follow the rules, but sometimes its unclear to myself and to those I’ve enquired with which rules are being broken.

This would also enable people to learn from their errors when they return to the boards, or at least understand what they did wrong so they can fix things.

6 Likes

I don’t like using the site on mobile, it has a mobile veiw but I think it looks weird. Plus on the normal veiw it is easy to click flag instead of like. I’m not expecting this to be fixed, I just want it known that I dislike this.

1 Like

Yer all nerdz.

Yeah. the Boards are a mess on mobile, I can’t see what I am typing.

2 Likes

I dislike that I keep running into this @OraNui guy. I’m sick of it.

#####I’m content with the way things are.
######Except on mobile.

2 Likes

When I came here, I was surprised to find that two things didn’t exist: friends/contacts lists and visitor messages (vms). Others have addressed the friends list issue on this thread, so I’ll just mention it. What I mean by vms is that they are the opposite of private messages (pms)- posts on someone’s profile that are public to be seen. I used them in a ‘this isn’t important enough for a pm, so I’ll use a vm’ context. However, it’s not something I miss that much.

Now, having used the site for a while (coming up on a year, I think!), I’ve decided that the private messages are… weird… First, it’s almost like they open an entirely new thread, where I’ve previously used more of an email system. I prefer the latter, since they’re simple to end the conversation by deleting. Second, there are certain pms with really long acronyms that somehow I’m invited to, but I can’t leave. Sure, I can mute it, but I’d rather have the satasfaction of completely removing myself from the conversation. Maybe I’m still just a noob and I don’t know how to do that.

So there’s my wall of text to contribute… Not sure how much of this is actually capable of being changed or even will be changed, but you can have the input anyway.

4 Likes

Moderators can remove people from PMs. If you look around in the user list of that PM with the very long username, you’ll likely find a Mod who can help you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sorry about that. :sweat:

2 Likes

I wish that there were thumbnails for forum topics, and not just the titles. I want to know what I’m getting into on certain forums, such as the creative content forums. If you’re to implement it anywhere, implement it there at least.

3 Likes

Not really an issue with THIS site, but the mobile Version of Vessel is pretty hard to use.

1 Like

I can’t say I’m a fan of the new Kahi-centric theme… The bright red hurts my eyes. Also, could we get the white background back? I can’t read the black text over the iron man image…

edit, well, things are readable again…

5 Likes

No what happened? The boards re awful change them back

3 Likes

I feel like green could have worked better. Or white. Maybe a bright blue.

1 Like

I hate the fact that the civil war event is being called a “prank”

2 Likes

I’d say Prple should take over the boards and make them purple.

3 Likes

Background’s cool but it’s too Iron Kahi.

Someone needs to make an Iron Kahi vs. Captain Jay background like this format.

https://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■_TO_WIDTH-w1280/08d16d4567f303c46f16a66041eca2f620352f4b.jpg

1 Like

And they’re grey for me. Boring old GREY.

1 Like

I don’t really like how Kahi took over the boards, if you could fix that it would be great.

2 Likes