Things You Dislike About the Channel

Obvious sarcasm is obvious. and hilarious.

I remember that. I was wondering why it was changed.

Fare enough :smiley:

I have no major complaints. I love the channel overall! I would like to see On Ebay Today return, though.

I would also enjoy seeing more Let’s Plays, Lego or non-Lego games.

1 Like

Two things, one of them more meaningful than the other:

1. Consistent schedules, especially for autopsy (as that is why I subscribed in the first place).
  2. More fact-checking, less “out of your a** reporting”. One of the things many people have to say about your channel (especially on the early Bionicle 2015 stuff) is that you don’t make enough of a distinction between fact and speculation. I personally don’t think this a problem (exept for the early Bionicle 2015 stuff), but enough people seem to have trouble with this that you should think about it.

Other than that, you’re golden.

Unfortunately the nature of Autopsy prevents that from happening. I talk about things that are topical, meaning the discussion tends to present itself to me rather then me coming up with the idea on my own.

Examples:

What Made BIONICLE So Special?- came about after the release of the book “Brick by Brick” which detailed a lot of LEGO behind the scenes stuff. I did a video as soon as I had the book in my hands.

You Killed BIONICLE- Came from the comments on all of the BIONICLE 2015 videos about how LEGO is “killing their childhood”. I made a video as soon as I saw these comments pop up.

The Return of BIONICLE And How it Would be Handled- made as a response to iBIONICLE’s “spam LEGO with emails” campaign.

See? There’s always things to talk about, but only when they are relevant. I could have talked about any of these things at any time, but they only mattered once the topic presented itself first.

Autopsy is made completely informally. I don’t use a script and I don’t plan ahead. The series is more natural because of it. When I try to stick to a schedule the episodes are more robotic, forced, and uninteresting. I’ve scrapped plenty of Autopsy’s because they simply weren’t good enough to me and it was only because I was trying too hard to get something out there.

So yeah, unfortunately that won’t be happening :confused: But I think the show is better because of it. Plus whenever there are new episodes out it feels more special : D

11 Likes

Although I would like more consistency, you know better than I do, so I will have to trust your judgment.

What you are doing now works really well. The autopsies are my favorite part of the channel. If you say that more frequent videos will result in inferior videos, then I (and most sane people) would rather less frequent, higher quality videos.

Thank you for responding.

1 Like

I like the general mood you guys have. You are almost always upbeat, and it works well. Your shows tend to be interesting and well thought out, especially Autopsy. I also find myself really loving the nostalgia factor in Eljay’s reviews. Makes me feel young again, and reminds me of the days I spent looking over the catalogs at the sets I really wanted.

I will be perfectly honest here, the thing I don’t like is the podcast itself. Not that it’s bad, but it’s not my style. I don’t really have time often to sit through an hour long video, and if I did, what you guys talk about there doesn’t interest me that much. I’ve yet to really sit through a full podcast, but the descriptions seem to imply that you spend the whole time just talking about LEGO related things. If I’m wrong about that, do tell me, but I don’t personally have interest in sitting through people talking about toy lines I care little for. So, I guess if I had to suggest an improvement of any kind, it would be to widen what you speak about in the podcasts? Just talk about whatever maybe? I dunno. Remember this likely only applies to me. I’m sure that most of your fanbase would be perfectly happy with you just talking about LEGO stuff.

I see a few people asking for more Let’s Plays. While that would be fine, be careful with what you pick. A lot of people were asking for BIONICLE Heroes. Your MNOG LP was actually pretty good, but that’s also a good game. I saw an attempt at a mediocre game, being Maze of Shadows, and, not to be offensive, but it was pretty bad Let’s Play. BIONICLE Heroes takes that game and makes it way longer and more tedious, and not only am I shocked that so many people want to watch anyone play that game, but also that they want relatively inexperienced LPers to try to tackle it. Commentating a bad game is hard to do, and it’s even harder with the monotony of a game like Heroes, which you will even run out of things to make fun of in the game after an hour or two.

i wish Eljay’s recaps included more on story integration. Such as a toa’s weapons relavent their element, the uniqueness of the hordika as mutated toa, the relavent playability (or lack thereof) of rhotuka spinner, and the unexplained use of one blaster kind per wave, regardless of characters relations to one another.

Love the set reviews, i count down the days til the next one.

2 Likes

now i can’t build an MOC without Eljay in my head!
too Gappy.
Blue pins!
ARTICULATION!!!

12 Likes

eljays steps closer
whispers
open axles…Open Axles…OPEN AXLES…

11 Likes

Liek dis if u cri everytiem

8 Likes

I cri m8 I cri erytim
wait whats this on the floor…
CARROT YOU PIECE OF MUAKA DUNG GO TO HELL

Welcome to my life.

3 Likes

You mean like the crappy song by Simple Plan? 8D

But yeah, for tips on how to make a MOC immune to Eljay’s usual cons, check out CausticKrana’s MOC.

Dude, my MOCs don’t have out of place colors. Case in point, my Self-MOC. I am lucky enough to have a collection with black pins :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I saw that, but it was just part of a joke. Since, y’know, the MOC is just a hand connecter with an axle. >.>

<.<

Or you guys could just ignore Ejlays nitpicky whining about something we haven’t been able to control for 11 years now, or just generally not listening to Eljays opinion, there’s always that.

1 Like

Huh? Did I give the impression that I was against what Eljay says? Wasn’t the intent. Really I was just trying to make a joke. I have no issue with his Pros and Cons, since they are things that matter to some people. Maybe not myself, but some.

3 Likes

Seriously, His reviews help me to build better MOCs. They make me more critical of my work.

2 Likes