Image: Well of Time Final Battle
Mata Nui (idea by @Bokarda):
was the creator/father of the Great Beings. Together with his sons they created a world, Matoran, Rahi, and the six Nuva (elemental gods) to manage the elements of the world. His ambitious sons created a being without his knowledge, Annona, that unfortunately took upon their darkest traits. He battled the creature and managed to imprison it in the solar system’s star but at the cost of most of his strength. His sons than attacked him but he refused fight back and was put into a deep sleep that was mistaken for death.
His sons then took his powers but found them to be too powerful for them to handle. They therefore created four masks to channel the powers:
• The Mask of Creation
• The Mask of Control
• The Mask of Alternate Futures
• The Mask of Time
The last of which remained tied to Mata Nui.
After some time, the brothers regretted their action and respectfully buried their father in a coffin upon the world they had all created. The coffin became the island of Artakha on which the Matoran and Rahi were set to live.
Mask of Time:
Mata Nui's powers over time are keeping him alive in the Well of Time in a paused or rather slowed state until he can be awakened.
The Mask of Time is directly connected to the well's functioning and thus every time the mask is used and obliterated, the well's functioning weakens. Since Mata Nui used his powers to lock away Annona, the power holding her also weakens...
(The Mask of Time draws its power from the well, each time it's used the source is drained).
Annona (idea by @Bokarda):
Annona is the evil artificial Nuva, of Shadow. Most powerful of the Brothers' creations. The embodiment of destruction, chaos, and secrecy. Possesses an innate connection to darkness and shadow.
Umarak (The Shadowed One | The Hunter | The Destroyer) Leader of the Dark Hunters. Umarak is one of the few remaining Kal. Wears the Mask of Shadows. Able to use shadow to create clones, teleport through, and generate kinetic blasts.
He is just a background character in the first two story arcs. After the Karzahni arc, he becomes the main antagonist trying to "bring back" Annona.
Annona the Shadowed One (Annona, Umarak, and Brutaka Merged into one entity)
Story Arc Three - Plot Outline:
• The prison of Annona has weakened through the use/shattering of the Mask of Time. Annona reaches out to Umarak telepathically who then devises a way to bring her “back”.
• Umarak hunts down Vezon and steals his mask, fusing it with his own to use its powers of fusion. He uses this new power to forcibly fuse with Brutaka to gain his powers of dimensional gates.
• Umarak travels to a remote mountain where intends to open a portal to Annona.
• The Toa arrive at the opening of the portal.
• The story plays out so it seems like Umarak changed his mind and gets the Toas' help but in the last moment he reveals he was just using them and merges with Annona to become “Annona the Shadowed One”. A battle ensues with the Toa suffering a defeat.
• The Nuva guide the Toa to Ekimu who explains Annona and creates new armor for them. Ekimu refuses to help any further.
• …Build up filler…
• Annona the Shadowed One finds the entrance to the Well of Time.
• Annona the Shadowed One intends to destroy the well to kill Mata Nui.
• All Toa through time come and fight in a Final battle. Annona is scattered into oblivion across time and space. All Toas’ physical bodies are destroyed and their energies become one with the Nuva. Mata Nui is revived and becomes the Nuva of Light.
The Final Battle:
The final battle takes place in the Well of Time located in the heart of Mata Nui, a place filled with bridges suspended above and ending with portals to different parts of time and space. Annona the Shadowed One has found the well and intends to use it to wreak revenge on Mata Nui which would ultimately destroy the island and all life on it. * The Nuva were given foresight of this event by Mata Nui and have planned for the day accordingly. Just before the moment of Annona's victory, every Toa throughout all of time come through the portals and attack the Shadowed One. Annona is ultimately consumed by the light created by the combining of all the elements and collapses into the time pool portal below, scattering into oblivion. The Toa all become truly one with the Nuva and explode with elemental energy, reviving Mata Nui. Mata Nui however chooses to be a life force like the Nuva, returning to his body would be fatal to the island, and is known as the Nuva of Light. **
*Annona is there to destroy the well to prevent Mata Nui from being "un-paused" and thus kill him (in other words, pull the plug on the life support). In doing so, it would send a temporal pulse through his body consequently obliterating the entire island into time and space. It would just appear throughout time as a super nova far off and would be taken for granted.
**The Toa are sent to the well after they complete the tasks they were originally transformed for. Once in the well, all the Toa would rally to stop Annona ultimately combining the elements' power. The combined elements' power would force Annona off the bridge down through the pool below scattering here atoms through time while also reviving Mata Nui. The power would also consume the Toas' physical forms and their energies would return to the times at the moment they were taken from, through the portals, to unite with the Nuva.
This idea was formed predominantly by @Bokarda and I over in his Kal topic comment section.
Comments, criticism, ideas, suggestions, and thoughts are all welcome.