Third Story Arc Rough Outline, The Great Siege of Artakha, and The Final Battle [Worldbuilding][Pitch][WIP]

Regarding storing the element: Maybe some kind of artifact or device; potentially Voriki’s weapon?

Regarding pre-sapient Nuva: I like this idea a lot, though I’m not sure how it will be received by the TTV

1 Like

Would she have to go and recharge it from a source?

I don’t think they have much of a choice if they want Karzahni to have created the lightning element.

1 Like

Regarding Recharge: Not exactly sure about that. Maybe there is a lightning rod in Elysia that absorbs the lightning from the storm (or maybe it generates the storm itself), and Voriki’s weapon can siphon that energy from any distance or location.

Regarding Nuva sapience: A very good point.

1 Like

I think that could work. (Imagines Voriki summoning lightning like Thor):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I could see the lack of the lightning villagers ability to naturally connect to their element driving their innovations.
They could come up with ways to store their element, ultimately creating “batteries”.
These could be used to power their flying villages and possibly even vehicles.

1 Like

Regarding Thor: that didn’t even register in my head until now :laughing:

Regarding powered civilization: that could very well work out. I like it

1 Like

Back to your question:

If it took Ekimu giving the Nuva these abilities though, I am not sure we can just make Voriki the Nuva of Lightning.

1 Like

Assuming Mata Nui is awakened, He would have the power to transform Voriki. Or perhaps she goes to Ekimu and asks him to do it for her, so that she can be with the other Toa and establish a proper line of Lightning Toa.

1 Like

Mata Nui is awakened by the elemental blast that consumed the Toas’ physical bodies, so I am not sure he would be able to do that in time.

The Toa have already learned first hand that Ekimu isn’t trustworthy and she would already be dead, so that wouldn’t really be an option.

Her spirit could be joined with Mata Nui’s as he awakens and becomes the Nuva of Light.

Edit: Maybe Mata Nui could bring Voriki’s spirit from the moment of blast through one of the time portals slightly after he is awakened and make her the Nuva of Lightning? This is pretty confusing but would work.

1 Like

Regarding Elemental Blasts: Since Voriki is an artificial Toa, and therefore uses an artificial element (Lightning), perhaps she is incapable of performing the elemental blast (in the sense that it doesn’t kill her, like it should).

Regarding Ekimu: Fair point.

Regarding joining w/ Mata Nui: Not sure how I feel about that, but that’s open for debate.

Regarding Time Portals: TTV isn’t going to go into time travel, at any point. They seem fairly set against the concept of it.

Regarding the Great Siege of Artakha: I think the siege would probably start after someone discovered Morbuzakh’s weakness to cold, so the inhabitants would be evacuated to Ihu along with the armed forces. They’d probably send the Ihuan soldiers first to weaken the plant, and then have anyone but Mangaians cut the roots.
After Marendar gets absorbed, though, all of the elements would make Morbuzakh stronger, and thus the Skrall would start to spawn. At that point, the United Artakhan Army would be forced to fight with only their weapons, with the Kal acting as vanguards.
I wonder which Kal would die in the assault?

On an unrelated note: Imagine if the TTV put all of the MOCs we’ve made for Brickonicle as part of the army sieging the volcano.

1 Like

To clarify, the elemental blast I was referring to was the explosive result of all the elements combining with one another, not the individual energies. So the only way not to be affected by the elemental explosion would be to not be present.

To be honest, I’m really not too fond of these solutions either.

Here is a solution I thought of today which I like the best so far.
Voriki does not go with the other Toa into the well but rather stays behind to help fight the Skrall, as her “element” is the only one that affects them.
After the island is saved, Voriki becomes a Turaga of the newly united matoran society.

First off, I love the name. Secondly, I think that the way you played out the battle is perfect.:+1:
The Toa could probably deduct Morbuzakh’s weakness due to the condition it is in when they find Marendar with it in Ihu.
Voriki could be the tactician/leader that decides to send out the Ihuan soldiers first. After they weaken the plant, she could join the other matoran in cutting/destroying the roots.
After Morbuzakh absorbs Marendar, it could rain down the Skrall from the “branches” expanding out over the island.

Have any mentioned in your Kal topic died or are they all fair game?:smiling_imp::stuck_out_tongue:

Mine is Ihuan…With my luck, he would be one of the matoran sent out as the sacrifice to appease…I mean to weaken the plant.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Jokes aside, that would be awesome.

1 Like

That sounds like a better solution. A shame her element and legacy dies off, though, but I can see a bittersweet ending being a good thing.

That sounds awesome!
A cool introduction to the Skrall is if a single pod falls from the looming branches and bursts open on impact, revealing a Matoran-sized Warrior-caste Skrall. A small group of Ihuan soldiers try to kill it, only for the Skrall to kill them outright, only for one to have the elemental energy drained from his/her body and strengthening the Skrall. Then, the other pods begin to fall :smiling_imp::skull_crossbones:

Oh, the surviving Kal are all fair game :smiling_imp::stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, if our MOCs (especially Self-MOCs) were in the final battle, I wouldn’t mind if my guy died.

1 Like

I’ll make the necessary changes to the main topic.

[quote=“Bokarda, post:31, topic:40923”]
A cool introduction to the Skrall is if a single pod falls from the looming branches and bursts open on impact, revealing a Matoran-sized Warrior-caste Skrall. A small group of Ihuan soldiers try to kill it, only for the Skrall to kill them outright, only for one to have the elemental energy drained from his/her body and strengthening the Skrall. Then, the other pods begin to fall :smiling_imp::skull_crossbones: [/quote]
I really like this idea.

Then let the games begin.:smiling_imp:
Any particular ones you had in mind?

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind if mine did either. Actually, this is the way to go.

1 Like

First, we need to rule out Umarak, Brutaka, and possibly Vezon, since they’re preoccupied with the whole “fusion thing.”

Second, we need to determine if the Ekimites, Makutans, Karzahnians, and the Emanates are working together with the Matoran, or they’re doing their own thing.

Thirdly, I just came up with a super-broken idea for the Fusion. What if Umarak, after stealing the Mask of Fusion and fusing with Brutaka, attacked Umbra and fused with him. Based on my description of Umbra’s powers, he’s immune to energy and is empowered by the inner darkness of nearby entities. And he also wears the Mask of Light. That would turn Umarak into the Kal of the Twilight (the concept, not the movies), and give a MASSIVE power boost to the fusion with Annona.

Now, to list the Kal:

Axonn: extremely good fighter, a natural leader for the Kal in a lot of ways. His powers don’t help him in battle, unless his opponents try to throw feint attacks. He has a good chance of dying, but he’d put up one heck of a fight.

Hydraxon: immune to heat and water damage/immense pressure. His powers focus on repairing damage to objects and buildings, so he’d probably stay with the refugees. Could die during the Skrall’s assault on the camps.

Keetongu: rapid regeneration prevents him from dying as quickly as others, making him the hardest to kill. Although, since he’s a pacifist, he might die shielding a group of Matoran from Skrall.

The Piraka (nix Vezon): They haven’t really been mentioned, but they could easily die in the siege. The only ones might survive are Reidak, Vezok, and Zaktan.

Kulta: reanimates corpses. Undead army vs. demon army. Nuff said.

Roodaka: mutation powers, not too good at combat. Might mutate Rahi into warbeasts, but she would be fairly simple to kill alone. She’d be in the back.

Sidorak: Rahi tamer, breeds warbeasts and can control them through advanced methods and his powers. He’d be in the back, so he has a chance of surviving.

Spinax and the Energy Hounds: adaptive biology and energy-tracking. They’d be a pretty good bet against the Warrior and Elite castes, though most of them, including Spinax, might die.

Krahka: shapeshifting, making her conceptually invincible. Imagine her turning into a massive dragon.

The Bahrag and Bohrok: mass numbers against mass numbers, so it should give the Matoran time to prepare or restrategize.

Kardas: massive dragon that shoots kinetic blasts, not elemental. Pretty much the trump card.

I omitted the Maxilos and Karzahnian Emanates since they’re mostly confined to water.

2 Likes

My only problem with this idea is I don’t want Annona to be immuned to light as light plays a big roll in her undoing. Now that you bring it up though, Umbra may be a plot hole with Mata Nui becoming the Nuva of Light.:confused:

Regarding the Kal:
I like all these except I think we should omit the Piraka, the Bahrag, and the Bohrok as I could see them having rolls in prior events.

I am going to have to make a new section for the Great Siege of Artakha so it can be explained more in detail.

1 Like

Regarding Umbra: Fair enough.

Regarding Piraka/Bohrok Horde: Fair enough.

Regarding Great Siege of Artakha section: Can’t wait!

1 Like

I have added a WIP section for the Great Siege of Artakha. I am not quite sure how to add in the individual rolls for the Kal and Voriki yet but I will add them later.

Now I am going to have to make an image for the section.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

It isn’t finished but here is what the image looks like so far. Currently at 79 layers.:confounded:

4 Likes

Oh my god, that looks cool! I’m getting the whole “fallen angels cast from heaven” vibe with the Skrall falling surrounded by the fires!

1 Like

Thanks, I always wanted to make an image with raining fire.

1 Like