Throwbots/Slizers and Roboriders, Alpha Team, Rock Raiders, LEGO of the 2000s Discussion

I actually got two roboriders from this one charity shop. The red one and the black one. Oh and btw, this charity shop had this constant supply of old bionicles, like I got 2001 rahi there, 4 mata toa (one with an extra turaga included in onua’s box) it was ridiculous. But back to the roboriders. They had weird figures made out of stickers on the wheels? and you could launch them off to fight. It was bizarre.

3 Likes

pic dont work scar

1 Like

Showed for me… :s Does this link work?

nah its forbidden to me so that may be just my dads router :confused:

1 Like

I can’t see it either

Doesn’t work for me either.

1 Like

Slizers gave us the Slizer foot. Therefore it was good.

6 Likes

@Greencapps @Artakha @DarkTakanuva It works for me; it’s Amazon Slizer’s box art.

Nope, sorry doesnt work Scar

@Hawkflight On the 8th Day, God gave us the Throwbots foot, and it was good XD

2 Likes

Not sure why it didn’t work, try this; 8505 Jungle/Amazon Slizer | Brickipedia | Fandom

Also, surprised they have a wiki on each Slizer…

I wish Throwbots kept going. It had so much potential…

By the way, do any of y’all have an interpretation of the Throwbots, or Roboriders, for that matter, story? If you want mine, it’s further up

1 Like

My interpretation of the Slizers story is pretty out-there, so I’ll wait until others have posted, but my take on the Roboriders is as a sort of futuristic mythology. The “virus” was actually a Grey-Goo scenario; the motorcycles were equipped with weapons that could hold back the spread for a while, but were mainly intended as escape vehicles. Then Dust was actually infected by the Virus and driven mad by it, and betrayed the others. Whether they ultimately succeeded in stopping it for good or not depends on which source one uses, being a mythology and all.

1 Like

Actually…That’s really intriguing…I love it!
It’s always interesting when a LEGO line of anything takes a darker turn, because you don’t expect it. I like the idea of the motorcycles being a escape. It makes you think if the inhabitants wrong or right, what they were like, etc…
Good job, dude :smiley :smile:

1 Like

I thought a couple of the slizers sets looked cool (not that I knew of them in 2000); can’t say the same about the planet design.

1 Like

I love the way the look, but about the planet there’s a lot of mixed opinions. I for one kind of like it actually.

You must like Okoto’s design too :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

Ironically…Not really :smile:
I just can’t put my finger on it…But something about Okoto seems wrong. I can’t figure it out, but I like Mata Nui better.

I’m not trying to be a Gen. 1 fanboy but Metru Nui is my favorite design.

1 Like

It could be the way that Okoto’s regions are divided; it reminds me a little too much of the Slizer planet. On the Slizer planet and Okoto, the different regions are divided very sharply. I liked the divisions on Mata Nui much better; they blended together much better.

Oh wait, you said you liked the Slizer planet. I do too, but I don’t like the immediate distinction between regions.

4 Likes

Same. But it kinda works. Metru Nui was my favorite. Okoto seems kind of rushed, to be honest. No locations, borders, etc.

2 Likes

I like Mata-Nui and Metru-Nui pretty well for reasons stated above, and I’m withholding judgement on Okoto until the story’s further along; I feel that what will make or break it for me is if they A: Introduce more landmarks and locations, akin to the Canyon Of Unending Whispers or Leva Bay from the G1 islands,* and B: Give us an actual proper look at the villages, and show what (and who) exactly the Toa are fighting for.

As far as the actual topic goes, I personally liked the Slizer Planet for its aesthetic, but as far as the actual geography went, would have preferred a more natural setup.

*The first two, anyway; Voya Nui’s lack of landmarks aside from the Piraka fortress and the resistance’s cave base seriously bugged me.

3 Likes