Throwbots/Slizers and Roboriders, Alpha Team, Rock Raiders, LEGO of the 2000s Discussion

Haha same

When I was little, I could hardly make it past the first race, let alone the MCR. I’ve begun playing it recently, and I am almost done with the first MCR

Life On Mars was pretty cool, too.
Unlike Mars Mission…

2 Likes

Did not get any sets before 2006 :sleepy:

How can you!? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Let me put it this way - the aliens in Life On Mars had five pieces, lots of articulation, different “suit” colors, and individualized face printing. The aliens in Mars Mission had three pieces, I think, were a monochrome trans-green, and had no individual features to speak of.

4 Likes

They were 2 pieces, actually.

They did glow in the dark, though.

Fair enough, though that makes it even worse IMO.

Alien commander says hi.

Alien Commander?

http://images.brickimedia.org/e/e8/Mars_Mission_Alien_Commander.jpg

2 Likes

Fair enough, but I still say these

have more personality. The commander is just one guy among a horde of duplicate minions.

5 Likes

Fair enough.

And we loved it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Everyone is going to hate me(Except ColdGoldLazuras) for saying this…

But Life on Mars is better than Mars Mission.

2 Likes

THANK you!

I never had any experience with the former, so idk how to respond. :\

I honestly have no opinion about Life on Mars since it was before my time.

Well, the minifigs are one thing, but what about the actual sets that came with them?

Those are kinda important.

3 Likes

I bought 1 Mars Mission set, but I never could get LoM sets, sadly. (I got this MM set)

I remember when I was younger one of my older sisters had a copy of this poster and I thought that the aliens where the coolest looking things, but I had/have the mars mission master builders set. I like them both but I think that the life on mars had better looking aliens.

4 Likes