Throwbots/Slizers and Roboriders, Alpha Team, Rock Raiders, LEGO of the 2000s Discussion

Dude

That is an awesome poster :smile:

“Let’s take a Space Port set and name it after a line that we want to do eight years from now. It won’t cause any confusion.”

2 Likes

blah :stuck_out_tongue: it was fun because of all the things that could be built from those pieces, lol I remembere that I had finished building one of the “hardest” level builds looking at the time that was supposed to take looking at the clock and thinking “it took me half the time to build it” was the first time to build that build too.

1 Like

Life on Mars was cooler because the aliens and the astronauts were not hostile toward each other. I only got one set from that line, but it was the coolest one IMO: the Aero Hangar or something. I started rebuilding it a few months ago, and it’s almost completed.

3 Likes

Yeah, the Aero Hanger. One thing I liked about it was that the other sets were designed to hook up to the ports on the ends of the tubes. I got all of the sets, but took apart the Planet Protector and the red one before I got the Aero Hanger, so I never got the chance to see how they looked when together.

2 Likes

The Mars Mission game was the best! I love it soo much, and I am super happy that they “remastered” it as Lego Battles for DS. CrystAlien Conflict v6.4 | Archive

1 Like

LEGO Battles was a really fun game. Never got the Ninjago version, though.

Battles: Ninjago wasn’t worth it. It’s not enough of a strategy game, it’s not enough of an action game. The only saving grace that game had, it seems, were the cutscenes, and even then it was just rehashes of the TV series.

1 Like

Oh, man. That sounds almost as bad as, dare I say?

Galidor

1 Like

Galidor was kinda cool, in a way. The only thing that’s funny is that it reminds me of Belville.

I loved the concept and designs of Life on Mars. The only thing I think is that the machines have a more primitive build style than Mars Mission sets. Its like looking at a 1999 X-wing next to say a more recent incarnation of the set. But that doesn’t make those walkers and the alien builds any less cooler

6 Likes

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to hook those throwbot/slizer sets up on your belt? Well that’s too bad, cause they’re discontinued, so instead stare in envy at the images provided.

Come at me bro

Amazon! I choose you!

9 Likes

Wait, is that you? You lucky toad!

I wish

1 Like

The throwbots were cool, but cyberslam/competition was even better yet lesser known. Several of the original rahi were basically cyberslam vehicles.

http://www.brickpicker.com/images/set_images/brickpicker_set_8257-1_4.jpg

4 Likes

Punching technic thingies on treads, and turquoise…

We will likely never see such things again

2 Likes

These things were so much fun to play with when friends were around. The pictures don’t do justice.

1 Like

These things were cool.
Friggin’ Purple Intensifies

1 Like

Don’t forget the technic figs. Man I love me some technic figs.

Heck yeah.

Besides CyberSlam, I always kinda liked RoboRiders