To Everyone Who Says they Don't want a G3

Feel free to explain why here. But before you do, let me get some common points out of the way that don’t make sense.

1. I want to see something original and Bionicle isn’t original.
    Please don’t say this. Were you excited for Avengers or Batman or Star Wars recently? Because those weren’t even released in this century originally. Bionicle was originally born in this century. Bionicle is newer than all of those. G1 still counts as “orginal.”

2. G2 was (insert G2 complaint here.)
    G2 is over now. And Lego knows all about everything we didn’t like about G2. G2 is not G3, and G3 deserves its own chance. Just cause G2 wasn’t what we hoped doesn’t mean a G3 can’t blow us all away.

3. Bionicle will never come back.
    You can’t prove this. You can’t prove a negative. All you can do is collect years of data to support this claim, but you could be proven wrong at any moment.

Now that’s out of the way, I am genuinely curious. What other reasons do you have for letting Bionicle rest in peace? Do agree disagree with what I’ve said above?
Go nuts.

21 Likes

This.

Just. Yes. This is amazing.

1 Like

I’m not one of those people who think there never should be a G3. Bionicle still has a lot of untapped potential. The issue I have is that I don’t think Lego is capable of fully tapping that potential. At least not in their current state. Lego frequently shot themselves in foot during G2’s run and there’s no reason to think that it would be any different if they started a G3 right at this moment. Maybe one day when Lego can objectively look back on what they did right and wrong can we expect a good G3. It’s not impossible, but I think some time will need to pass before it can happen. If it ever does.

15 Likes

The chances of bionicle coming back are low, due to the poor sales.

Retailers are going to look at the most recent sales figures for a line, to decide wheither or not to invest.

and let’s face it:

Bionicle shelfwarmed.

Hard.

yes, but the chances of G3 ever happening is low.

G2 Tanked.[quote=“DinosaursUnited, post:1, topic:31979”]
I want to see something original and Bionicle isn’t original.
Please don’t say this.
[/quote]

so, don’t say that we want a fresh new IP?

yes, because those are still relevant.

we’re not arguing for more crap like that.

we’re arguing for More new IPs from LEGO, like Nexo Knights.

3 Likes

I could see a BIONICLE G3 - or just any good spiritual successor to the line - running when enough fans of G1 during its original run enter the company, create their own story division, and as the fans that know what captured the hearts and minds of the G1 fanbase, recreate that.

But unless they’re directed by people that know what makes BIONICLE, well, BIONICLE, there is no hope for a G3.

3 Likes

Ah yes beause years of collected data is always wong

I do want to see something original that has a great story, good sets

4 Likes

It is not so much that I do not want a G3, or that I hate BIONICLE and never think it could come back…wait…yes I do…

G[quote=“DinosaursUnited, post:1, topic:31979”]
G2 was (insert G2 complaint here.)
[/quote]

ahem

Under-preforming, lazy, forced, pandering, disappointing, restricted, generic, a waste of time and money, ETC.

G3 would be tied to the BIONICLE name, which already restricts it a great deal because of G2 and how that worked out. Sure we can give it a chance, but that does not mean it would be good, or even work.

Sure, I can’t say that BIONICLE will never return, but I can say that it is highly unlikely.

I find that BIONICLE honestly should be left alone, LEGO has shown that they don’t care enough to put work and effort into it and so has the public.

BIONICLE has had its time to shine, and it blew it the second round, I highly doubt that third times the charm.

Now, because change is scary and all of that, I would love a good revival of BIONICLE, I just don’t see it happening. Heck, I would give my arm for a HF G2, but life is unfair and the world does not work that way.

3 Likes

So, I have been thinking about WHY G2 was cancelled recently. Most would say because it did not sell well despite Lego confirming that it did sell just fine. Back when G1 was cancelled a lot of people would have said do to sales but we later found out that wasn’t true. It was cancelled to preserve the IP so they could bring it back. The interesting thing about G2 is that it most definitely sold better than Hero Factory, but they didn’t cancel HF until G2 came out. G2 was canned BEFORE the next IP comes out. This is due to Lego’s 3 year development cycle. So why not just keep BIONICLE around until the next theme to sell to the buildable figure market? I think the situation is similar to G1. I think they expected it to be this big thing and when it only sold a little better than HF, they didn’t want to hurt the IP so they could potentially do something with it in the future. SO what I’m saying is that G3 is a lot more likely than people would think.

3 Likes

From what we have heard, HF sold “What it needed to” at the end of its run. nothing exceptional, but just enough to keep it going. It only ended because LEGO saw much more profit in BIONICLE, which bombed…

HF lasted four years (could have gone longer if it was not for them meddling BIONICLE kids) and was distributed everywhere, G2 lasted two years, and the final wave did not make it to certain markets.

I find it hard to believe that G2 did well at all. And sure, they probably ended it before ruining BIONICLE forever, but it seems to be too little too late…

3 Likes

Lego has confirmed that it did not sell poorly, not sure why people keep ignoring that. You could say their lying but they have no reason to. And right now that’s the only thing we’ve actually heard about G2 sales.

The reason I’m saying it sold better was because the Hero Factory and BIONICLE fans bought G2. So many people who only got 1 or 2 HF set’s bought the entirety of G2, therefore, selling better.

oh, so you have the sales numbers?

or are you just going off their word, which could be them lying to us, trying to keep up appearances?

2 Likes

Other then all of the stores that are clearly trying to get liquidate stock and the immense shelf-warming, but what are those amirite

That…makes no sense. Plenty of BIONICLE fans did not buy G2, just because they did not like the way it was going. And as a HF fan, who bought plenty of sets when it was running, I can confirm that I did not buy many sets from G2 (Though of course, basing my argument off of my own personal information would be rather dumb, but the point kinda sorta stands)

3 Likes

No but it’s all we have to go off, at least I’m basing my argument off the only official information we have.[quote=“RaptorTalon, post:12, topic:31979”]
Other then all of the stores that are clearly trying to get liquidate stock and the immense shelf-warming, but what are those amirite

ThatchMac:
[/quote]

Just like with HF, G1, Chima, and any other cancelled Lego theme…

Yes, but a lot more did than that bought Hero Factory, which is what the arguement was about, whether it sold better than HF.

so, you’re basing your argument off of their damage control?

Except that Bionicle was pegwarming, long before it got cancelled.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, how do you know this?

1 Like

With most of those it was just a few sets while it was running(other then Chima) G2 had a horrible streak of either shelf-warming or clearance isles when the theme was still alive. [quote=“ThatchMac, post:13, topic:31979”]
Yes, but a lot more did than that bought Hero Factory, which is what the arguement was about, whether it sold better than HF.
[/quote]

I mean, HF only lasted twice as long as G2, so it obviously sold worse…

2 Likes

do you have… evidence?

are are you just pulling facts out your rectum?

so…

you’re basing this off of…?

do you have the statistics? you got the evidence?

2 Likes

I saw the exact same thing with all of those themes. There were some G1 sets left around in 2011.

You completely forget my point about that:[quote=“ThatchMac, post:8, topic:31979”]
The interesting thing about G2 is that it most definitely sold better than Hero Factory, but they didn’t cancel HF until G2 came out. G2 was canned BEFORE the next IP comes out. This is due to Lego’s 3 year development cycle. So why not just keep BIONICLE around until the next theme to sell to the buildable figure market? I think the situation is similar to G1. I think they expected it to be this big thing and when it only sold a little better than HF, they didn’t want to hurt the IP so they could potentially do something with it in the future.
[/quote]

Please be civil. My facts: Eljay bought the entirety of G2 and only a few HF sets, Suddenly Oranges did the same, Var did the same, Kylernuva did the same, CallenLOF bought a lot more G2 sets than HF sets, I could give more examples but than I’d just be naming a bunch of people.

See that above, and I’m using as much evidence as you did when you said it sold poorly.

1 Like

Because biased BIONCLE fans who are not even the target demographic, and did not even give HF the time of day…are totally proper avoidance…

right

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter if they’re biased. what matters is that they bought it and not HF, and they are proper evidence because they, as figureheads, show the mindest of the entire community.