To Everyone Who Says they Don't want a G3

(I have gone back and flagged all of my comments regarding this topic. I am ashamed of them, and accept all responsibility for all repercussions)

I just wanted to point out your hypocrisy: you said G2 was all of those things, but HF did most/all of those things worse.

1 Like

so, you use one man’s hobby to disarm his argument, even though he never made claims that make him a hypocrite.

2 Likes

Read my post above. RT said that G2 was bad for those things quoted, yet he enjoys HF (which did most, if not all, of the things in question) because of his (self-stated) bias.

BIONICLE G3. Oh what a strange subject.

I’d hate another G3 if it was just Lego screwing up again and basing it off of nostalgia. The only way I’d be open to it is if they actually went somewhere with the story and carefully managed the line.

Unfortunately, I don’t think LEGO actually likes constraction anymore. It doesn’t sell as well as system, and minifigs are more popular than ever.

~~

Also, just a firm reminder for all you folks to stay civilized. I will hand out suspensions if disrespect toward other users is shown on this topic.

3 Likes

Fair enough, I personally do hold a “Hypocritical” opinion regarding G2, considering that I enjoy nearly everything from HF while I view much of G2 to be lackluster, to say the least. However I have my opinions, and you have yours. Heck, I like HF more then any LEGO theme,including G1.

Indeed. I am probably the most bias HF fan on the planet, but then again nearly every single person in this community is bias to BIONICLE. bias is how you form opinions, and opinions help form you as a person. So yes, I hold many unpopular opinions but I will stand by them as my own.

1 Like

This is a two-edged sword since you have a bias that HF was worse than G2.

4 Likes

I feel as though Gen 3 would be a great idea, but Lego would mess it up one way or another. I think that we, the fans, have done a better job sometimes in terms of story than the actual company has done (and we are not even getting paid)

I think that if Lego just found a way to put a message into the story as they did with gen one, gen three could work.

Gen one was suspenseful, tragic, and meaningful.

Gen two was spiders and meaningless chaos. Oh my.

so, he enjoys a series that has similar flaws, thanks to nostalgia, therefore his entire argument is disarmed via hypocrisy?

i don’t see how that could disarm any of his points.

if he recognizes those flaws, and yet still enjoys it, there’s there’s no problem.

5 Likes

Not quite: I’ve looked at both lines objectively, and G2 just does nearly everything better than HF. Better set design, a more engaging story (G2 still has world building, while HF only had that during the 3.0 series), etc. I am biased, of course, but I always attempt to look at things objectively.

I mean, if he dislikes the other thing that has those same flaws, I think that kinda doesn’t make sense. I understand what you mean, though. I still enjoy G2 after all of the flaws it had, so what can I say.

with how everyone talks about G3 and how they find it highly unlikly or that they do not want a G3 at all, i would personaly just think that LEGO might actualy make everyone happy (possibly or unlikely) if they just sold the rights to Bionicle to someone else.

heck, they might as well sell all of the original constraction lines, given how Constraction apparenly does not sell well for LEGO at all, and thus, whats the point of owning those IPs if they know that they won’t make them money anymore?

I’d say that the HF story was pretty engaging. It also had a lot more world building than G2 ever had.

If BIONICLE had it’s rights sold I would be highly upset. No, I want a more responsible team on this. That’s the only solution I can see working.

1 Like

The team actually seemed pretty responsible for G2. I think it was LEGO that screwed them over.

The “team” I refer to is the people in charge. Should have been more specific. My apologies.

2 Likes

i guess this one can’t really be objective.

The only other world building was showing how the production was run, and what goes on in the HQ. Care to fill me in on anything else I missed?

Pretty much every planet/city they went to had a backstory, while most of the places they went to in G2 were like “hey this is a place”.

And they don’t explain any of the locations really either, like where they came from.

Certainly not in breakout. I don’t remember anything of the like to give backstory on Jawblade’s home planet (besides that it was his home planet - it didn’t even have a name) or any of the other locations that the villains were at. It was never specified were the creatures from brain attack came from either, just random places.

I will admit that G2 wasn’t too good about this either. However, it did explain the Skull Villain’s origins, and I coulda sworn that some other wildlife was shown somewhere. I don’t remember hardly any of the HF villains having backstories, with the exception of the bigger threats like Von Nebula.

I’m starting to think Ninjago is the proper replacement for BIONICLE. It has the elements, collectables, such a large world, etc.

If anything Ninjago is the spiritual successor of BIONICLE, and I think a BIONICLE G3 would be side-stepped if Ninjago is still around. Besides, if BIONICLE did come back, I bet it would be system-based.

4 Likes

#Lets analyse some of these points and counterpoints;

People can want originality in something while liking others. Your counterpoint simply doesnt work here. The point is that they would prefer an original product when it comes to Lego. Whether they liked Avengers, Batman, Star Wars or anything else simply does not matter. This is a valid reason for why people do not want a G3, as they want Lego to create an entirely new original independent property instead and a G3 Bionicle would hurt chances of a new CCBS theme being made.

Basing future prospects of the previous itteration is natural and to be expected. In this case this is a valid reason to be worried about G3. We’ve seen two examples of Bionicle so far, and the most recent example, the example more likely to represent modern day is that. Your counterpoint doesnt work here because its simply ignoring the past and most likely example of how the theme would be handled if a return happened.

I kind of see what you are saying here, however while there is the potential for Bionicle to return, there is no concrete proof that it will. Your counterpoint doesnt support a G3 either and the comment itself is not a remark on whether people want G3, but more a remark on their doubt of the line returning at all.

====

So overall…

• Two of these points are valid remarks on why someone would’nt want a G3
  • One of these points is not about people not wanting G3
12 Likes