Toa 2015 Revamps

A general remake of the Gen 2 Toa, with the first set of mocs being Tahu, Kopaka and Onua.

They’re designed to fit into my own version of the Bionicle stories, which pretty much has them decked out in pieces only from CCBS Bionicle and Superhero Ultrabuild lines. The challenge here was to only use those pieces shown in these lines and their available colors.

TAHU MY BOY

Here is the poster boy of bonkles. The design here was based off of his official build, only exaggerated. His shoulders are samurai armor pads and the bell bottoms are carried over from the original. His arms are completely trans-neon orange to express constant glowing fire in them.

Excuse my thumb. This is a clear homage to THAT poster.

Him flexing. I added the original Hau as a cheeky (no pun intended) callback to Gen 1, part of my version of the Bionicle story.

His Lava Surfboard is equipped with fiery thrusters of burning powaahhh!

The surfboard is equipped with half-pins because the stress on the full pins put me on edge. Fire in the back of the board because he is the MASTER OF FIRAHHHH

Kopaka was not photogenic in that earlier picture.

The competitor to Tahu here was made to be an inverse of Tahu, having a skinny and knightly theme. His hockey knee pads are accentuated to ridiculous levels here, and white was spread about to suggest ice. I went overboard with white CCBS.

Another mask, another backside. This Akaku does not like what it sees.

Here he is showcasing his weapon. No major changes besides the lengthening of his spear and some shards to even out his shield.

But wait! His shield DOUBLEs as weapons! He’s like a POLAR opposite of Tahu! weak, dry laugh

He can put his hefty shield on his back.

On his dual snowboards?

Onua, whose calorie intake exceeds the amount of Gen 1 names.

I got this idea off of a similar MOC I saw of Onua that melded 2015 and 2016 forms together. My version is much leaner and taller. However, he does not sport the gold that he originally had, since I unfortunately ran out of gold armor.

He has two Pakari kanohis on his leg. His thigh is insanely buff now.

His weapon is extended and a major thing I wanted to do with all my Toa’s weapons was to give them an elemental color.

Back storage! That poor piece lifting up that hammer. It’s actually flexing I think.

He’s got claws and delicious trans-purple chains.

I always like this display of Onua resting on Onua’s massive trapezius muscles.

Stay tuned for Part 2! Thanks

33 Likes

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mods To The 2015 Sets