Toa and Matoran Colour Palettes

Much better.

These look really good, but… I am still on the short side, and at first glance, there does seem to be “the Chima effect”. I am very impressed by how you avoided the similar colors between elements, however. Also, you showed Rahkshi colors. Are you planning on drawing them with those colors?

1 Like

I feel like their’s kind of a Chima affect with everything between soldier and Toa looks the same. Maybe make civilians and soldiers look the same, or give civilians colored masks but identical armor if you’re determined on a difference.

1 Like

Well the 3 between toa and soldiers are all technically the same class, they’re just different colours to show they’re different characters.

I’d say switch matoro and the ko-matoran color schemes.

@Stuubh haven’t made any designs for the rahkshi, no. I just included a palette for them to show that lego does have options for them that are different from every other colour I picked. I think they’d be good picks for them cause they’re a bit more dull, and kind of visually gives the impression that they’ve been tainted or turned to the ‘dark side’ since they were matoran that now follow Makuta.

@Innodence I did think about that, cause I wanted matoro to have his classic colour, but for the sake of consistency I decided against it. The main colour of each regular matoran is the secondary colour of each toa, as shown in the palette pic. In the ice region’s case, since kopaka’s secondary colour is sand blue, the regular matoran’s main colour had to be sand blue to keep with the pattern.

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

1 Like

I still don’t understand: the brickonicle figures are made with a program? All of them looks so similar!

No, I just took ttv’s toa designs and swapped around colours. In a final version I definitely think they’d need to redesign some of the body prints to make them more unique, and even change some of the matorans masks. This was just a quick mock up to show how the colour palettes could work, I’m no designer. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would like to see you try with different masks and bodies.

I will try too!

So is there a reason they all have the same exact masks?

Also it looks kinda like all the Water and Air matoran are female, and all the others in every other tribe look male… Is that just you trying to show them all as similar, or did you forget that the tribes are no longer only one gender each.

They mentioned that earlier. This was only made to show off the colors. The masks/designs are just carbon copies because it was simpler to do, instead of making all unique ones. The colors are the main focus of the drawing.

2 Likes

I don’t like long legs.this is not geared at you @Rynosaur24 .whats your opinion?

1 Like

I think I’d prefer short legs as well, but I’d also like a tiering system like they’ve been discussing with a similar colour palette like the one I suggested. I don’t think it has to be one or the other, why not both?

1 Like

It can definitely be both. All were saying is that the toa-matoran problem doesn’t have to only be shown in colors and patterns, as it may still be confusing to new audiences.

see the problem i have is that lego is mostly geared for kids and kids find color fun.if most of the character are in grey scale kids will find them boring that’s the problem from the start of the idea.

1 Like

Very nice, but I’m still a bit worried the Toa will blend in with the rest of them, especially Kopaka and Pohatu. I don’t think it’s as bad with Onua, but he does seem very similar colour-wise. Really, I do like these designs, and I would like to see them implemented.

There will be very few non-Toa “good-guys” figures

@Idhren I don’t understand what you mean by that?

Only one question: the fire Matorans are the Mangaian and they come from the city of Mangai. What are the others? I can’t really read this.