Toa Fight Styles [Pitch][Characters]

Well, Kahi did say Kopaka would be using ice for greater reach, so imagine if he used ice to get a better reach with his shield?

1 Like

Imagen him using his sheild like a G1 disk that the first matoran used.

1 Like

Right! and maybe he could freeze it so it had a sharp edge, then hurl it at his opponent. And whenever he wanted it back he could just control the ice encasing the shield and bring it back.

Its not a bad idea, but it still sounds rather “un-Kopaka” to me.

Still, there were times in G1 when Tahu had to go vine-swinging, so I guess they may occasionally have to do things which are a little out-of-character.

1 Like

Yeah, I was not sold to the idea as a Kopaka-ish thing to do. I just thought it would be cool.

1 Like

Hm.
Seems accurate enough to what I’d expect, and as for the others, I always imagined the Toa to have fighting styles that corresponded with their weapons, combined with a sort of A:TLA like style for their elemental powers.

Thanks,
I agree, but as someone pointed out, the Toa might not have full mastery of their elemental powers at first, so I didn’t focus on that (except for Kopaka).

1 Like

I was thinking Gali’s style would be more of a cross between boxing, as you described it and a judo-like grabbing and throwing with the hooks.

1 Like

I wait to see your version of Pohatu’s style. I personally always saw him as a quick fighter, getting in as many kicks as possible.

I agree, her style would incorporate quite a bit of grappling, which only makes sense with the hooks. I should add that to the main description.

Thanks!

Right now, I’m basically imagining Mercury Black, (that scene in RWBY where he out-runs Coco’s bullets seems very “Pohatu”) but unfortunately, that style depends greatly on what weapon he gets, and I have no idea what that is going to be.

1 Like

I really like these, but I think a better style for Gali would be more swinging of her hooks and more acrobatics possibly.

Thanks. I was thinking of trying to imitate medieval sickle combat, but I wasn’t sure if that had a distinct enough visual appearance.

I was just thinking with the hooks that they wouldn’t be as effective I guess with the boxing style, but it definitely could still work.

The thing is that you have to be extremely close (“point-blank”) to actually hook someone, so it doesn’t make sense as an “opening move.”

I suppose “boxing” wasn’t so much the right term as “unarmed.”

I suppose, but what if Gali had some sort of rope attached to her hooks were she could throw them or swing them? Wouldn’t that make for a better weapon and better possibilities for a good fighting style?

Maybe Gali could have a fishing net as a secondary tool.

Now look at this net, that I just found…

2 Likes

Maybe, but I seem to remember the cast saying they wanted the toa to have more weapons than tools. But that is an interesting idea.