The torso is extremely bulky

the limbs are thin

the orange is random

there is WAY too much silver

And she has gorilla arms.

6/10
Kinda hurts my eyes.

2 Likes

The torso is a big chunk of parts, it is too big and bulky compared to those arms and legs, and it makes the already huge Kaukau nuva look small.

The color scheme is ok I guess.

Overall 5/10

1 Like

Its very complex, but I don’t know if that benefits it, or hurts it

Well at least that fits in with the mask…
Seriously, what was Lego thinking?

Anyway…

I feel torn over how this has nuva boobs, but is also a female nuva, the whole metaness of hurts my head.

3 Likes

Is that… A six pack…?

Anyway, I pretty much agree with what everyone else is saying. The torso is really bulky, especially compared to the rather skinny limbs. That and there just isn’t enough Mata blue on her. The silver and orange are kind of overpowering.
The weapons are kind of tiny compared to the rest of the MoC as well.

2 Likes

Any suggestions on how to fix the limbs? Make them more to scale?

@MinusOneEighth Wasn’t really my intention but I can see where you are coming from.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

InB4 Cronk edits this.

Anyway, what I would do is reduce the bulk of the torso, rather than bulking up the limbs.

I see what you are doing with the orange.

I don’t care for it.

2 Likes

First of all, I would recommend that you get rid of the orange, as the original Gali never had that. Next of all, try to slim her down a bit as well as streamline her. I don’t really see how she can swim fast with all that armor on. Also, as I see her, with the arms being longer than the legs, she looks sort of like a bipedal ape (especially the human ancestor Australopithecus with the mask, look it up). The way I would try to revamp Gali Nuva is to try to base it on her movie interpretation.

Although I am going to admit, the 2015 version of Gali did the reinterpretation of her extremely well. If you do decide to revamp her, try to make the build differentiate from that model.

By the way, I really wish that they would construct movie versions of the Nuva masks, particularly the KauKau Nuva. The one we have just looks ugly, but it’s the only one we have unfortunately. I guess you can use the 2015 Mask of Water.

Good luck with your MOC.

3 Likes

I agree with this.
I do like the orange, but it’s our of place on a Gali moc, also.

Brilliant in concept and the designs are striking, but the MOC suffers from really bad proprtions. Take a look at comic heroes and action figures and try to match those.

Sorry, not fond of this at all.

The torso is way too bulky
The arms are too lanky and long
The legs are too skinny
Not enough blue
Too much trans-orange

Unless you were going for something unique proportioned and inaccurate to the set or film…then you did OK.

4/10 IMO

Not terrible, but it needs A LOT of work…

Honestly, the clutter is all over the place. Aside from that, the Nuva Boobers, oversized torso, and anorexic limbs look monstrous. It’s like a crappy, cheap Nexo Knights knockoff.

Jeez maybe that was a bit too harsh.

4 Likes

That came off sounding unnecessarily rude.

2 Likes

Really bulky torso, which is somewhat long, and lanky limbs, color scheme is meh, and personally, I don’t really enjoy any part of this MOC, sorry :disappointed:

You mean boogers, right?

/s

This is awesome beyond the meaning of the word awesome!

While I do agree with the rest about the copious amounts of orange, I do like that you have at least gone for something different, especially with how the lower legs and the torso are put together.
I mean, I haven’t seen anyone comment on the abdomen yet. It looks pretty cool, though I wish perhaps there had been more blue, “Mata” or light blue stuck somewhere in the torso, and for that matter the rest of Gali’s revamp. If I might suggest, you could replace the elbow sockets with blue parts, and the upper leg sockets, and leave the rest of the orange as-is?

I also like that you managed to utilize Nokama’s weapons for Gali, and seen in her swimming pose, they look like they belong with the rest of the creation.

I think you went and did everything you set out to do with this re-imagining of Gali, but I do think perhaps a little less orange is in order.

-CirkitPurple :slight_smile:

1 Like