Toa Mavkhi of the Southern Continent #RSG

This is Mavkhi, built on the Southern Continent near the end of the Matoran Civil War. A religious fanatic, as a matoran he would make regular trips into the Chamber of Life to pay tribute to Mata Nui, only to be turned around by Umbra. Umbra would want nothing more to do with the Matoran, but Mavkhi believes them to be friends.

One day, a group of warriors took up battle with Umbra in a crusade to obtain the graven image of Mata Nui stored at the heart of the landmass. Mavkhi witnessed the obliteration of one of these warriors at the whim of the idol, and understood this to be a grand act of tribute only Toa could perform.

Now a Toa himself, he spends his days performing deeds large and small. Hoping that one day, he too will be chosen as a lamb for the Great Spirit.

The hands are off of Leewan’s Shapeways store, the mask is a pre-release model I was asked to show off.

Update as of 3/20/2018: I’ve replaced the hands with the ones designed by Gabriel Martinez (don’t remember his screen name at the moment.) additionally, RC (creator of the Toa Exota items on Shapeways) has made some amazing 3D printable weapons for me. I’ll be sure to get photos of the weapons in hand as soon as it’s convenient.

71 Likes

This MOC looks really cool! I love the hands and the mask, not to mention how cool some of the build is, like the arms and legs. The backstory is great too! My only suggestion would be to maybe remove the blue or the green because they sort of look out of place next to each other. Either way, great MOC!

1 Like

Well, the mask certainly looks cool. The MOC itself is also really neat!

1 Like

That is one crazy cool mask! I really like the colorscheme on this guy, and I actually like the green and blue. The multiple shades of blue do distract a bit, though. Also, wow, I didn’t even notice the hands were from shapeways until you mentioned it! Good work here.

3 Likes

Hello predator!

I LOVE THIS!

1 Like

The mask and hands are so good looking! Everything works really well here!

1 Like

You did a good job melding the textures.

1 Like

Are those Leewan’s gen 3 hands?! They look great. I have a pair of the gen 1s, but they broke. These look much better since they’re ball joints instead of clips.

Great MOC dude.

1 Like

What I like about this is that it in many places look like an official future G1 set. I mean, the mask really looks like it could have come out around 2012 in an alternate, better universe where Bionicle wasn’t cancelled when it was. The building style also fits the esthetic that would have been the future of G1.

I love this because in my head it gives a glimpse of what we could have had.

1 Like

Excellent work here, I like the use of trans pieces.

1 Like

Fair warning about the hands. They needed some tinkering to make work. Like all things off Shapeways, purchase at your own risk.

1 Like

Well, that looks awesome. The colors I think are a bit unusual, but they work well. The mask definitely is my favorite part about the MOC, but it’s still great regardless.

1 Like

I love the idea of a overly religious toa. Sounds pretty neat

The color scheme is pretty neat and love the build. that mask is fantastic looking

1 Like

I love the mask and the overall Toa design.

1 Like

Very nice if I could moc half as good as that, well I would post more mocs

1 Like

i love the custom mask design, great job!

1 Like

Love the legs, and the mask! Where did you get that? I don’t see it on shapeways…

1 Like

This whole thing is really neat especially that mask

1 Like

Pre-release model, seller isn’t ready to publish it

We will be making a mask-related announcement in the future. Just hold tight.

2 Likes