Toa Nuparu Revamp (Metru Style!)

Nice. Very compact and fills in most gaps from the original Metru-build. I am disappointed still that he has no ball-joints in the shoulders :stuck_out_tongue:

Same problem. I can’t attach any ball-socket piece to both a Metru upper arm/leg and a hand piece.

Thanks! Honestly, I feel ball-joint shoulders for Metru-builds are overrated. It doesn’t help their articulation a whole lot and it wouldn’t work with Nuparu’s slimmer build anyway. Plus, I must preserve my balljoints for MOCs that really need them! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No but you can make one :stuck_out_tongue:

How?

oh wait, this is LEGO we’re talking about here

I’ll think about incorporating them in a future Metru-build. Though probably not a member of either of my current Toa teams in order to maintain consistency.

nice! it kinda looks like he built his own armor actually, that’s fitting

1 Like

How do you mean?

He just looks really different from the rest of the metru. And i guess the bohork eyes and the nuva armor just makes me think that idk
EIherway good job!

1 Like

That was my intention.

Thanks! Have you seen my other Metru-style revamps?

Nope :slight_smile:

and yeah he does look different that’s why it’s so fitting for someone like Nuparu

1 Like

Here’s a few:

I’m curious, why do you think Nuparu deserves to be portrayed as “different”? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because he is an engineer so it makes sense that he would make his own armor.

Your mocs are impressive I have to say, but my god! Akhmou’s hammer is genius! how long did that take you?

1 Like

Ah, okay, yeah.

Thanks a bunch man! [quote=“Folk, post:47, topic:17544”]
Akhmou’s hammer is genius! how long did that take you?
[/quote]

Probably an afternoon of tinkering. I started with the head that two Nuva shoulder pads would make a good hammer head, and then I tried to find parts that were detailed enough and would be able to create a flowing hammer shape.

It was worth the effort!

1 Like

Really Cool!

1 Like

Whoa, I love this, especially the build and colour scheme.

1 Like

Thanks man! What do you like particularly about the build?

The placement of the Bohrok eyes, and some other greebles, but most of all, how he looks beefy, but not blocky.

1 Like

I really like the look of this MOC. The color-scheme and design blend together really well. It also feels like Nuparu, the laser is a nice touch that really helps with that feeling.
Now I feel inspired to try make a similar type of Nuparu revamp :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He looks amazing!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Invite me to the topic when you post it. I’d love to see it! :smiley:

1 Like